No announcement yet.

What We Would Like In ICC2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You select for individual home test matches (as they do in real life) or for away series.

Comment

Originally posted by rock_cool2003 View Post
      Some real changes and not just update to the previous version
      This is the reason I didn't bother getting CC2010. There's very little depth under the bonnet is there after all these years ? Basically it's the same game as the first one - with better graphics & a few minor tweaks. 2011 seems little better; just a yearly player database update basically.

Have you noticed that your team is the only one to actually draw matches ? The AI controlled matches never seem rain affected - a big factor in a drawn result. Most peculiar & unrealistic.

In the training options I would like to see 'fielding' introduced as this also very relevant in a players evolution, but essentially I'd like to see a few major new features - not just the same basic game updated.

Comment

I think the Second Eleven ideas that people have mentioned would be good. The ability to just see a scorecard from these games to see who your players are performing against would be good. Is my young bowler knocking over another teams star player who's just coming back from injury, or some 18 year old tailender who can't hold the bat the right way around?

Part-time bowlers. I'm fed up of seeing teams only sticking to the same 5 in One day games despite one being flogged at 8 or 9 an over. This would also help players bowl more, without being classed as an all-rounder.

Yorker length. At the moment we have the 3 lengths to bowl at, but I feel another is needed. Some bowlers are now expert at bowling Yorkers at the death, this needs to be added for me. If your bowler's capable, he'd perhaps get 5 in an over, whereas if I tried it with a less experienced bowler, he'd bowl full tosses that would be hammered by the batsman. That way I feel it works out.

The more leagues is always an ambition if possible. Just because having more leagues and being able to switch teams is what all these type of games aspire too really.

Comment

I'd like to be able to select my team and then sit back and watch the game play out in 2D/3D mode.

Comment

The only thing I would like to see (and it may be able to be patched in) is something to do with contracting in Australia. What I would like is after the initial selection of players the next screen should be a single list of all available players who were not selected by other states. You should then be able to contract any players from here you feel will make it.

Comment

Originally posted by MUFC1987 View Post
              Part-time bowlers. I'm fed up of seeing teams only sticking to the same 5 in One day games despite one being flogged at 8 or 9 an over. This would also help players bowl more, without being classed as an all-rounder.
              You mean an icon for them, or for the AI to make use of existing part-time bowlers? I have seen a bowler get smashed for 40 off 2 or 3 overs (by me , without my batsmen actually batting that aggressively), and he'll still finish whatever the AI has decided will be his spell.

Yorker length. At the moment we have the 3 lengths to bowl at, but I feel another is needed. Some bowlers are now expert at bowling Yorkers at the death, this needs to be added for me. If your bowler's capable, he'd perhaps get 5 in an over, whereas if I tried it with a less experienced bowler, he'd bowl full tosses that would be hammered by the batsman. That way I feel it works out.
              Add to that Bouncer length, and bowling down leg-side - I'd love to be able to plan a few leg-side stumpings!
              World Serious Cricket

Comment

Originally posted by Phylos Fett View Post
                You mean an icon for them, or for the AI to make use of existing part-time bowlers? I have seen a bowler get smashed for 40 off 2 or 3 overs (by me , without my batsmen actually batting that aggressively), and he'll still finish whatever the AI has decided will be his spell.
                An icon would be good to let us know who does bowl a bit, but that can be taken from the stats anyway, so that's not an issue. But mainly, the second part you mention. Teams pick 5 bowlers and just stick to them like you said. Whereas in real life they don't. Take England for example. If bowlers are being trounced, then the likes of Trott and Pietersen will be used to make up overs, that doesn't happen in the game though, which I feel is a loss, as you're mentioned.

Add to that Bouncer length, and bowling down leg-side - I'd love to be able to plan a few leg-side stumpings!
                I disagree with this. You have a short length to choose, so that happens anyway, plus I feel these things are the natural variation you get from bowlers in the game. We've all seen it when they hit the stumps when you tell them to bowl short. My point just is that, bowlers have skills to bowl an over of bouncers, yet I can only tell them to bowl full, which can be a lot different from what I want.

Comment

I think it would be good for the county tables to also show the associated prize money with each postion/round. You can obviously find out how much you get for finishing in a certain postion at the end of the season but it would be good to know during the season to know whether it is worth fighting for those extra positions.

Comment

It would be great to have advertising money and other money source similar to battrick.

Comment

I disagree with this. You have a short length to choose, so that happens anyway, plus I feel these things are the natural variation you get from bowlers in the game. We've all seen it when they hit the stumps when you tell them to bowl short. My point just is that, bowlers have skills to bowl an over of bouncers, yet I can only tell them to bowl full, which can be a lot different from what I want.
                      The short length doesn't guarantee an over of bouncers any more than a full length guarantees an over of yorkers, in my experience.
                      World Serious Cricket

Comment

I would like to see some bidding option similar to IPL for next version of icc.

Comment

Originally posted by diagoj View Post
                          I would like to see some bidding option similar to IPL for next version of icc.
                          It would be better for icc to add league of its own.

Comment

I think adding the IPL would really improve the enjoyment of the game. Or the indian domestic season would be interesting..

Comment

I think it would be cool if all of the players who play in university/mcc games early in the season were then the youth players that we got given in the second half of the season. We would then have something to base our selections on and uni matches would be more interesting/challenging.

Comment

In the International game, when playing a Test on home soil the squad be increased from 12 to 13

Comment

Working...
                                X