World Serious Cricket

Thats so early even 2011 is not released 2012 started

Now Its turn for 2013 also thread to started
    After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
    Is my Next Dream

Comment

Originally posted by Phylos Fett View Post
      I figure we might as well get this started
      You just want to have the honour of having your thread stickied, don't you.

Comment

- New graphics and commentary
        - Playable associate teams with the ability to earn Test status
        - A coaching system where you can actually see how the player is improving rather than not having a clue
        - Playable 'A' teams for each nation with their own competitions/tours

Comment

Originally posted by ab5ides1 View Post
          You just want to have the honour of having your thread stickied, don't you.
          That would just be an added bonus.

It just seems logical to have this here, so people can post in it as they play the latest version, and, hopefully, avoid the mass of threads that are invariably like this one, anyway.
          World Serious Cricket

Comment

Some real changes and not just update to the previous version

Comment

That would just be an added bonus.

It just seems logical to have this here, so people can post in it as they play the latest version, and, hopefully, avoid the mass of threads that are invariably like this one, anyway.
              You probably won't avoid it. People will invariably do it anyway. But fair enough, I guess having somewhere early on for people to give ideas is good. I basically would just like a way for associates to work themselves up. As I've said before in other threads, it isn't realistic, but stuff realism when it's about something that should be implemented in some way by the ICC (International Cricket Council) anyway.

Originally posted by rock_cool2003 View Post
              Some real changes and not just update to the previous version
              The devs have stated previously that while this year is mostly an update with some tweaking done on things, next year will contain real changes.

Comment

You probably won't avoid it. People will invariably do it anyway. But fair enough, I guess having somewhere early on for people to give ideas is good. I basically would just like a way for associates to work themselves up. As I've said before in other threads, it isn't realistic, but stuff realism when it's about something that should be implemented in some way by the ICC (International Cricket Council) anyway.

The devs have stated previously that while this year is mostly an update with some tweaking done on things, next year will contain real changes.
                Yeah thats why i said real changes for 2012. New graphics, shots, technique, commentary. I hope 2011 has the features like man of the series and many other add ons.

Comment

Is there an actual formula for a country to work their way up from an associate team? I remember looking for some info ages ago, and there was a process to make it in the ODI realm, but, if memory serves, to be granted Test status seems to be be undefined, at worst, or vague, at best.
                  World Serious Cricket

Comment

Originally posted by rock_cool2003 View Post
                    Yeah thats why i said real changes for 2012. New graphics, shots, technique, commentary. I hope 2011 has the features like man of the series and many other add ons.
                    Some new commentary would be nice - maybe some things a bit more specific to the type of player involved, for instance.
                    World Serious Cricket

Comment

Is there an actual formula for a country to work their way up from an associate team? I remember looking for some info ages ago, and there was a process to make it in the ODI realm, but, if memory serves, to be granted Test status seems to be be undefined, at worst, or vague, at best.
                      Bangladesh got into test cricket after India recommended them after they beat Pakistan at the 1999 World Cup IIRC. There is no set-in-stone process at the moment. Ireland applied for test status a while ago, but the ICC are yet to release details as to how test status can be reached.

I quite like the idea of having ten test teams with the worst-performing one knocked back to associate status if an associate member dominates the intercontinental Cup consistently. However this system has major flaws such as the fact that many full-member nations will NOT like it at all and also that many associate countries play IC matches without full squads due to county/work commitments.

Another idea that I am interested in is tiered test cricket, with 2 or 3 tiers of teams. It would make quite the incentive to win for the top teams such as India and England and also provide a system for teams like Ireland, Afghanistan and the Netherlands to move through the ranks. If the 3rd tier was only recorded as first-class, not tests, then that could account for the 'distorted statistics' debate.

Comment

At present, to get onto the odi ladder you need:
                        1 win v full members and 60% win rate in odis
                        or
                        2 wins v full members

To become a test nation, you need to put an application in to the ICC and have 7/10 approve. Ireland submitted an application in 2009 but came to nothing. I quite like CC's method, win the Intercontinental Cup 3 years in a row to get promoted.

Comment

Originally posted by dancingmongoose View Post
                          At present, to get onto the odi ladder you need:
                          1 win v full members and 60% win rate in odis
                          or
                          2 wins v full members
                          That could be why the Member teams balk at playing the Associates - if the Associates manage to notch up 2 victories, then they are in the club.

Originally posted by dancingmongoose View Post
                          To become a test nation, you need to put an application in to the ICC and have 7/10 approve. Ireland submitted an application in 2009 but came to nothing. I quite like CC's method, win the Intercontinental Cup 3 years in a row to get promoted.
                          Maybe a similar format for Tests should be established for promotion to Test status - which will mean slotting the Associates into the FTP. With the amount of touring done, the argument will be, of course, that there is simply too much cricket being played. But, I'd counter with the fact that a lot of the Associates are close enough to Test teams (location wise), that tacking on a FC game, and a couple of ODs would be easy enough to accomplish.

Slightly related, if the Test and ODI teams were split into two Divisions, then their would be a few more holes in the schedules to allow more games versus the Associates.
                          World Serious Cricket

Comment

its too early to start this thread
                            Pakistan Zindabad

Comment

Originally posted by Typical Stroke View Post
                              its too early to start this thread
                              It is? Is there a rule about such things that I was unaware of?
                              World Serious Cricket

Comment

Working...
                              X