Not in my game he isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by ab5ides1 View Post
        Not in my game he isn't.
        I mean I think he should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Chasjs View Post
          I mean I think he should be.
          Oh sorry. He keeps? I've not seen that before. I thought he was an outfielder.

Comment

He kept for England in the Champion's Trophy

Comment

Part-time keeper, perhaps.

Sorted out the Travis Birt part-time keeper issue, I'd left a space in instead of a tab. Quite easy to miss as you can't see the difference between the two...

Comment

David Warner should be a part time keeper, he kept for Australia in the Hong Kong 6s comp

Comment

Keeping in the Hong Kong 6s is much different to keeping in real life. iirc Scott Styris kept for NZ

Comment

And Scottie Styris is most definitely not a wikkie.

Comment

In the past we've probably had too many part time keepers, we'd really prefer to keep it at those who seriously do keep I think rather than those who might have done it once when someone was injured. Plus it opens up an interesting tactical balancing act in all forms of the game - how many keepers do you pick in your state or county's squad? And on an overseas tour, do you pick a reserve keeper and risk having him sit on the sidelines all tour, or do you risk losing your number 1 keeper for more flexibility?

Comment

Originally posted by aus5892 View Post
                        In the past we've probably had too many part time keepers, we'd really prefer to keep it at those who seriously do keep I think rather than those who might have done it once when someone was injured. Plus it opens up an interesting tactical balancing act in all forms of the game - how many keepers do you pick in your state or county's squad? And on an overseas tour, do you pick a reserve keeper and risk having him sit on the sidelines all tour, or do you risk losing your number 1 keeper for more flexibility?
                        In the case of Eoin Morgan Cricinfo says he is an occasional keeper.

Read about Eoin Morgan cricket player from England profile, stats, rankings, records, videos, photos at ESPNcricinfo

Nick Knight in 2008 also describes him as an occasional keeper.

The young Irish batsman has all the shots but his technique looks a little manufactured

And pretty much every other description of him you look at says he is an occasional keeper.

I agree with your point but I feel if he worked on his keeping then he could do a job similar to AB de Villiers and with the search for an ODI keeper going on it's not unthinkable to think he could end up with the job. However, I think currently the coach would rather he focused on developing his batting in both long and short formats.

Comment

Morgan kept in the Champion's Trophy iirc?

Edit:
                          He's kept 7 times, twice at the Champion's Trophy, twice for the second XI, twice in 'Middlesex County Cricket League Division One' and once in the ICC trophy for Ireland

Comment

I think given the improvement in the quality of the batting of England's keepers in the last couple of seasons, I'm not sure we'll see it happen again with Morgan apart from as a stand-in.

Comment

Lonwabo Tsotsobe

It seems that Tsotsobe has left Essex today after he got dropped from their last Championship match. Might be worth leaving him out of the Essex squad in the game...

Comment

When i update my game it gives me this error, please help

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

Working...
                                X