• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chewie View Post
    You're thinking of Andrew McDonald not Tim MacDonald
    Oops Really stupid mistake there

Comment

Yardy's bowling should be upped a bit - he doesn't bowl for Sussex in my game and was dreadful when I gave him an extended spell.
      And Gareth Andrew should be an Aggressive now :P

Comment

Originally posted by 6ry4nj View Post
        We have been discussing player rankings in another thread, and I have been reliably(?) informed that someone called Brett Pelser is coded in the database as the best batsman in the world. Please tell me this isn't true!

I've never posted in this thread before because I thought it was about matters that are in the eye of the beholder. Now I'm being told there are insane errors in the database that are undetectable without a database editor.

I'm still hoping I've misunderstood. Still, if it's true, it means that people with editors can serve a valued function in our community. We're counting on you guys to point out important (not to mention GLARING) database errors that the rest of us can't even see.
        Well, we haven't coded some unknown South African batsman to be the best in the world. What has happened is that Pelser has played a bit of Amateur cricket that gets classed as First-class cricket (which is my understanding from some South Africans on here/PlanetCricket). So his average is quite good.

We have discussed this flaw (it's most certainly not intentional) and are discussing ideas on how we can improve the AI for cases like this for next year so it's accurate.

I have to say, I think people read some of the data from these 3rd party editors and jump to some conclusions about the data. Nothing personal in that, just how I read some of the accusations that are flying about.

Comment

Ben Scott - we're a keeper down at Worcs

I just started a Worcestershire game on the trial version. I thought we were a bit light-on at wickie, so I checked cricinfo, and guess what? The database has our wickie, Ben Scott, playing for Middlesex. To add irony to injury, I note that he plays against us in our first game!

Sure, I can see that he's a loan player, but that means he should be in our squad. That would mean we have a keeper (other than Solanki whose credibility in the role I would view with scepticism a la Trescothick) who has played more than one FC match!

I just downloaded the game last week. Is there a database update I've missed? Please consider doing more than one reflex database correction patch if this kind of thing is going to get overlooked! Please?

Comment

Well, Scott was never contracted full-time to Worcestershire, he went back to Middlesex halfwya through the season. As there is (afaik) no way to do loans in game, having him at Middlesex is the best solution.

Comment

a couple of things
              1.Damien Martyn was playing in the IPL this year and possibly next year in the next patch can u add him
              2.Instead of players just retiring from all forms at once can they retire from the forms they are least good at one at a time till eventualy they retire from alll forms
              3.Might have mentioned it in another disscusion but can players retire when they lose their skill not just because they've hit 40

Comment

Some of these might not be bugs but should still be looked at for the next patch.

Comment

minor things but Adam Lyth bowls Os when he bowls, not rm and younis khan bowls leg spin.

Comment

Shalabh Srivastava is LFM not RFM
                    Kamran Khan is LHB not RHB
                    Last edited by dancingmongoose; 11-30-2010, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Ross Taylor

Ross Taylor's ethnicity is black in the game but he is white
                      Not really a database error but it is something which I noticed and would be good if someone will take care of that.
                      You can learn little from victory, but you can learn everything from defeat

Comment

Huh?

More black than white for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Themer View Post
                          Huh?

More black than white for me.
                          ya but not as black as W Indians
                          Anyways it is not a point to have a debate on.
                          You can learn little from victory, but you can learn everything from defeat

Comment

Well I told about this one before the first patch for ICC 2010 was released, but after today I feel the need to reiterate the point.

Travis Birt is a part time Wicket Keeper for Tasmania. If you didnt believe me the proof is here:

Live Cricket Scoreboard: Get Tasmania vs Western Australia cricket scorecard, Ryobi One-Day Cup 2010/11 dated December 22, 2010.

Cheers, Ausathon.

Comment

Hmm, he is in the database file as a part time wickie. Will do some investigating.

Comment

Thank you Sureshot.

Comment

Working...
                                X