Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Version 10.18/10.19 Database errors thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Version 10.18/10.19 Database errors thread

    Firstly, I'd recommend updating to the latest patch by clicking on Internet Game from the main menu in-game.

    Secondly, save games from previous versions will not load the latest database changes, only new games will. So please bare that in mind before posting an error.

    As stated in the other thread, thank you for your continued support in helping us to improve the standard of the game.

  • #2
    I think Neil Carter needs to improved in batting and bowling, he has been one of the best players this season, but he is fairly poor on the game. I am not too bothered about whether he needs to be changed to an allrounder or not because I know it is an area of debate but he just needs improving. Thanks.

    Comment


    • #3
      Out of interest, in these patches, do you move player ratings around???
      Like in this recent patch did you move some of the gun South Africans down or anything, or was it just fixing the bugs and what roles each player has???

      Comment


      • #4
        We did quite a lot of work on player AI for this patch as well, so they should be improved. We've been thinking of ideas for the South African players, as I know one of the members on here mentioned their averages get inflated due to the amatuer cricket they play, yet it's still first class. Obviously the computer can't differentiate between standards of first class lin that manner, which is where the problems arise. South Africa seems to be a bit unusual in this respect.

        We'll put effort in to both ratings and team selection for players in the patches.

        Comment


        • #5
          Not a bug as but right now, we can't carry over our spare money into the next season which is totally unrealistic & not in line with the game's objective of making it as realistic as possible. There's also a thread on this "Budget Underspend" & you can see that gamers don't fancy the current way at all so is it possible to make a patch so that the money gets carried over? I think that'll be very logical & realistic.

          By the way, how do the ratings for players get decided? How come people like McKay, Miller, Bollinger, etc (among bowlers) & Pelser, Amla, Gambhir, etc (among batsmen) have the best ratings in the game? Doesn't make sense at all. And I don't think ratings have accomodated for conditions for players from different countries like, for example, ratings for sub-con bowlers should be slightly higher that what they should be since they'll be bowling in batting-friendly conditions while bowlers from Eng, NZ, etc should have slighly lower ratings than they should be since they'll be bowling in more bowler-friendly conditions.

          Comment


          • #6
            From what I can work out, there's a high relationship between players FC average and their ratings.

            In saying that though, I'm sure you should be able to go through and make all the top 50 batsmen in the game, the top 50 batsmen in real life, and same with the bowlers. This would just take away the extreme randoms.

            Comment


            • #7
              mohammed shahzad actually plays now, but he bats at 10. he is afghanistans number 3 (his FC average is now 92) so put him up for goodness sake

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by enigma View Post
                Not a bug as but right now, we can't carry over our spare money into the next season which is totally unrealistic & not in line with the game's objective of making it as realistic as possible. There's also a thread on this "Budget Underspend" & you can see that gamers don't fancy the current way at all so is it possible to make a patch so that the money gets carried over? I think that'll be very logical & realistic.
                That's going to be unlikely for a patch, I'll note it for the next development cycle though.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                  That's going to be unlikely for a patch, I'll note it for the next development cycle though.
                  Thanks for noting it down & also please consider recording the number of balls for the previous matchesas well, right now, balls aren't being recorded in older scorecards.

                  By the way, for 2011, are you guys considering about something on the lines of gamers being able to record whole of their seasons (including scorecards for all the matches & championship tables) at the end of each season, may be exporting it to Excel or Notepad or something? Cheers.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Andre Adams (NZer who plays for Nottinghamshire) should be classed as an allrounder in the next patch.

                    Also for the future development people have asked to be able to record players careers after they retire. Why not implement a feature where you can select to induct a player into your clubs hall of fame when he retires. Add another menu option which lists the stats of any player you select to add here. Stops having clutters of players who were no good and allows people to keep the stats of their greats when they retire.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by outbreak View Post
                      Also for the future development people have asked to be able to record players careers after they retire. Why not implement a feature where you can select to induct a player into your clubs hall of fame when he retires. Add another menu option which lists the stats of any player you select to add here. Stops having clutters of players who were no good and allows people to keep the stats of their greats when they retire.
                      I think that is a brilliant idea!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        guys in the next game plzzz make a option where we can skip a whole season at once and not by skipping each and every match

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by HamzaDGr8 View Post
                          guys in the next game plzzz make a option where we can skip a whole season at once and not by skipping each and every match
                          What will be its benefit?
                          You can learn little from victory, but you can learn everything from defeat

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by HamzaDGr8 View Post
                            guys in the next game plzzz make a option where we can skip a whole season at once and not by skipping each and every match
                            i will not like that but i think that there must be an option for skiping matches in a date range that is skip from 15jul10 to 30jul10 as i don't like playing T20s, so i may skip them as i hardly can win any

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Any chance of Lewis Hatchett and Will Adkin being added to the Sussex squad? They've both made LVCC d├ębuts recently.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X