Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm using a CD, and no other programs apart from Internet Explorer.
    Actually, it seems to be fine now. Ran it as an administrator and kept the patch in full focus. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
      Thanks for the extra detail, I'll see if we can go about reproducing it and fixing the bug. With bugs like these, the more detail the better as they aren't easy to reproduce.

I'll get on to the overs in a day issue and see what we can do.
      Considering the amount of times I've encountered it, I don't think it'd take that long to reproduce it, in my experience, one just needs to significantly underbid often enough & they'll see it.

By the way, why do sometimes England-contracted players don't turn up for their counties even when they're not playing for England or any other leagues? Like, this once, earlier England Test-match had ended on 10th & next one was going to start on 18th & yet he didn't show up for the OD on 16th.

Comment

Originally posted by enigma View Post
        By the way, why do sometimes England-contracted players don't turn up for their counties even when they're not playing for England or any other leagues? Like, this once, earlier England Test-match had ended on 10th & next one was going to start on 18th & yet he didn't show up for the OD on 16th.
        In my experience, players are released the day AFTER a game, but are not available for 4-5 days before their international. When you control the international team, this is your 'training window' where you can get their form up with net practice. I think this period may be extended when it's between games as in your example, and the player may not get released at all in the 7 day 'break'.

Comment

Originally posted by 6ry4nj View Post
          In my experience, players are released the day AFTER a game, but are not available for 4-5 days before their international. When you control the international team, this is your 'training window' where you can get their form up with net practice. I think this period may be extended when it's between games as in your example, and the player may not get released at all in the 7 day 'break'.
          Firstly, I mostly only play county-cricket, so I'm specifically talking about that mode. As for players not being available for 4-5 days before an international, that's not true so far as my experience goes; in my current save, next ENG ODI is on 5th & yet the player is available for FC from 31st to 3rd & there's an OD on 4th & I think he'll likely be available for that too.

But irrespective of how it works right now, carrying on with my earlier example, if the previous test ended on 10th & the next one is going to start on 18th then the player should be available to his county from 11th to 17th.
          Last edited by enigma; 03-07-2011, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Another couple of bugs, may be not that important but I thought may be I should mention them here anyway.

1) Coaching-effect (batting/bowling practice) stops working the moment a player is selected by England, even when he's playing an FC-match at the time
            One instance is when, during a match, I saw Flintoff's coaching-effect at 85%; now, as I'd been in the habit of always having him on bowling-practice, his coaching-effect would always be 99% & that's why I noticed the drop to 85%. At first, I thought he'd gotten injured but he was fine, he batted & bowled, & after the FC-match was over, I saw the message on main-window that he'd been selected by England on 1st September & even though he was actually with the county & playing an FC-match, he didn't get bowling-practice on 1st, 2nd & 3rd September; this needs to be corrected.

2) Sometimes, let's say A & B are batting, A gets clean-bowled & instead of C (new batsman) facing rest of the over, B faces it. Not a big issue but wouldn't hurt to correct it, if it's not that much of a hassle.
            Last edited by enigma; 03-07-2011, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Firstly, I mostly only play county-cricket, so I'm specifically talking about that mode. As for players not being available for 4-5 days before an international, that's not true so far as my experience goes; in my current save, next ENG ODI is on 5th & yet the player is available for FC from 31st to 3rd & there's an OD on 4th & I think he'll likely be available for that too.

But irrespective of how it works right now, carrying on with my earlier example, if the previous test ended on 10th & the next one is going to start on 18th then the player should be available to his county from 11th to 17th.
              I ask myself, would that then be realistic? Certainly wouldn't happen with England players.

I understand from the POV of being only in charge of county teams, that you don't want your best players away all the time.

Issues like this are really tricky, because it's so subjective and there aren't many aligned views on the right method.

Maybe we use the message system to explain in precise detail when the player returns/goes away?

Those two bugs have been noted.

Comment

Chad Keegan is in my team and despite being retired from FC cricket, he is able to play in the university match

Comment

I ask myself, would that then be realistic? Certainly wouldn't happen with England players.

I understand from the POV of being only in charge of county teams, that you don't want your best players away all the time.
                  You're right, it wouldn't be realistic but as I'm not really in the habit of relying on England-contracted players, I'd say it's not so much that they're away that bothers me but it's the fact that I don't know why the hell they're away so....

Maybe we use the message system to explain in precise detail when the player returns/goes away
                  .... yup, this is exactly what I'm talking about. At least, let us know why they're away, whether it be England-practice-sessions (which should actually help them improve) or have they been advised to take a rest by England-Coach as they've long England-season ahead or their health-bar is extremely low, etc. Something like this will do just fine.

Those two bugs have been noted.
                  Thanks. By the way, I don't know if the 2nd bug (wrong batsman on strike) happens with other relevant modes of dismissals (LBWs, caught-keeper/slips, etc), I'd just mentioned clean-bowled as that's when I've seen it happen. I thought I should clarify that.
                  Last edited by enigma; 03-08-2011, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Not sure if its been mentioned before but it is still present in the new version, bug where your players get called up to international duty while they are using a coaching/physio slot and you end up losing that slot for the rest of the season.

Very annoying when you've got four players being called up.

Comment

Originally posted by Themer View Post
                      Not sure if its been mentioned before but it is still present in the new version, bug where your players get called up to international duty while they are using a coaching/physio slot and you end up losing that slot for the rest of the season.

Very annoying when you've got four players being called up.
                      I haven't seen that one in a while but you're right, it's a very annoying bug & should be fixed, if it hasn't been so far.

Another bug with Coach/Physio is that the session does NOT become available as soon as a player goes on International duty or gets injured, etc (this is like the "mini-version" of the bug you've mentioned).
                      For example, if I've assigned Coach/Physio to A on January-1 before going into a match, the day after the match has completed, let's say January-5, if A was selected by England (or got injured) then the Coach/Physio-session will get stuck on A (even though he's unable to use it now) until I sim to the next match, let's say January-7 so 2 days of my Coach/Physio is wasted; had it been available to me on January-5 itself then I could've assigned it to someone else.
                      Last edited by enigma; 03-09-2011, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Don't mind me saying this again but...........here's another bug

Ok, why can't I play my Overseas-Reserve in 2XI matches. My focus is always on County Championship so I like to play my best FC players in 2XI to increase their form while an OD or T20 is being played. Please look into this issue.

Comment

Ok, why can't I play my Overseas-Reserve in 2XI matches. My focus is always on County Championship so I like to play my best FC players in 2XI to increase their form while an OD or T20 is being played. Please look into this issue.
                          They are only signing up for first team cricket. They aren't signed for the second team therefore they can't play it.

Comment

Your overseas reserve player isn't available for 2XI matches because it doesn't work like that in real life. In real life he only turns up when the other player is on international duty the rest of the time he probably isn't even in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by ab5ides1 View Post
                              They are only signing up for first team cricket. They aren't signed for the second team therefore they can't play it.
                              Oh ok. I'd thought, if the Main can play 2XI then why not the Reserve. Thanks for answering anyway.

Originally posted by Themer View Post
                              Your overseas reserve player isn't available for 2XI matches because it doesn't work like that in real life. In real life he only turns up when the other player is on international duty the rest of the time he probably isn't even in the country.
                              Well, obviously, Reserve will only turn up when the Main Overseas player isn't there that's why he's called "Reserve" but I was thinking, if & when he's there (ie when Main isn't there), why can't he play for 2XI if the Main player can!
                              Last edited by enigma; 03-09-2011, 01:54 PM.

Comment

I know it has been mentioned before but does anyone feel that far too many catches are dropped? I just had a game (see first attachment) where the opposition got away with a draw by the skin of their teeth due to their openers getting dropped TWICE (in 6th & 8th overs of the second innings) & then put on a 100 or so for the first wicket; you rue those dropped catches even more on such days. I think the percentage of drops is extremely high; I remember I'd kept a record of all the dropped/taken catches for a couple of seasons in a save a while back & I was astonished to realise that almost all of my best catchers (most of them with 0.70 CPM or better) were dropping 1 catch for every 5 or so they were holding on to which is insane; even more so when I consider the fact that I always make sure to put my best catchers in catching positions.

Secondly, I think I may've encountered another bug. Well, the keeper misses the ball (as usual ) & it goes over the boundary but opposition batsmen keep running & one of the fielders in pursuit picks the ball up from behind the boundary-line & throws it back in & they get only 3 instead of a 4 (You can see in the second attachment that the opposition batsman is turning around for the next run even though ball has already gone passed the line & the fielder is still after it.)
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by enigma; 03-15-2011, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X