This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chewie View Post
    He doesn't take up any room in your squad because every nationally contracted player adds another spot, so it doesn't really make a difference if he plays or not
    Oh OK, I didn't realise I was being given extra spots to compensate! Thanks.

Comment

ok need help. Have re-installed the ICC 2010 game and selected 'internet game', however it loads upto 100% and then says 'connection failure' and the update could not be found. Have no internet connection problems, fully updated directx and all that etc. is it a firewall issue with norton? any ideas! cheers

Comment

Hey djdj,

I had the same problem and what i did was temporarily disable my firewall until i had installed the patch. once it is finished just put the firewall back up.

Comment

yes but how on earth do you turn off norton internet security 2010 firewall so i can download the patch?

Comment

ok fixed the patch update just need to make the game widescreen on a laptop windows 7, any ideas

Comment

Katich and Hughes open for Australia. After Hughes gets out and is replaced by Hussey, Katich is forced to retire hurt. He (Katich) then disappears from the partnership record. The first wicket partnership was between him and Hughes, and the second was between him (the "retired batsman"), Hussey and Jaques. But the game credits the first wicket partnership to Hughes and Hussey (including retired batsman's score).

This happened in ICC09. If it's been fixed already, that's great.

Comment

I know we have an issue with the field editor and retired batsman, it's something I've mentioned before but not sure if it's for 2010, so we'll double check the code for retired batsman, obviously being an old version, it's not directly helpful, but could well be there.

Comment

Originally posted by the_trademarc View Post
                  Not sure if this has been posted yet but I haven't been on in yonks.

Was really stoked that the overs per day issue was fixed and we get 90 in a day and not the 100-110 in older versions. But then, every day is 90, without fail, without time allocated for innings changeover, 5 paceman, 2-3 spinners, etc.

Below is a perfect example:
                  The first screenshot shows my bowlers at the 80 over mark. I've used quick men for 66 overs, and the time remaining shows 28 minutes.
                  It is not physically possible for a team to bowl 10 overs in 28 minutes.
                  To prove so, I used my quicks with the new ball for the last 10 overs, and they ended up getting the 90 overs in the allocated 28 min. The second screenshot also shows wickets have fallen, thus causing further delay.

Now I know play can be extended by upto 30 minutes to allow for the completion of the overs, but shouldn't that be reflected in the game, as well as time made up for rain, bad light etc.? (30 min before play extra, and after)

And also, shouldn't the console be more dynamic so as to reflect if you've used 5 quicks or 3 spinners?

Just a pick up....
                  What are you talking about? The bug of bowling 100 or so overs everyday has NOT been fixed yet, I'd definitely like to see it being fixed though. In real life, it's extremely rare for any team to bowl more than 90 overs in a day so it'd be great if they could set maximum overs in a day at 90 or less, I like the idea of extra playtime but it should be set as such that it is only allotted some of the times since obviously, in real life, it's not always possible to get that extra 30 minutes in all the countries all year round.

Althogh most people mightn't notice or care about it but due to this bug, after a few seasons, even ordinary bowlers end up with 4-wickets per FC & good Test bowlers end with 5-wickets per FC/Test or so due to match-time being prolonged which is very annoying; it also leads to less draws, not to mention it doesn't help the realism of the game.

Originally posted by mattjp View Post
                  I've had a bug with negotiations that's happened a couple of times in my Essex game. I'm trying to re-negotiate a contract with an existing player, but after a few rejections the player says "I'm going elsewhere, Essex have offered me a better deal". He then disappears from my squad and doesn't appear on the list of uncontracted players either.
                  That has happened to me too many times; a player rejects the offer & says "I'm going elsewhere, Lancashire have offered me a better deal" even though I'm Lancashire but in these cases, unlike your experience, the player usually stays in my "current squad" window & under Contract, it says "0 years" while for all the others it says 1/2/3 years or overseas, etc but the player does eventually appear in the uncontracted players' in the next round.

Comment

Overs in a day issue:

I agree that this needs sorting out to be more realistic, but it will have to be quite dynamic, which could make it quite difficult to get it right. It might not be something we get around to for 2011, but we'll have a chat about it.

I can't say it's something I particularly look at, but it does stand out a bit.

I think at the moment county teams play 96 overs in a day, test sides should be 90 but is invariably 80-85. Don't know what the Aussie states are required to play.

Contract bug:

Is it possible the same thing is happening, but you're describing it differently, mattjp doesn't actually say the player disappears from squad immediately.

Enigma, does your player leave your squad as soon as you progress from sorting your own players out? Or is he leaving the squad a few rounds in to "domestic" negotiations?

Just trying to get as much information as possible, as it'll be a difficult one to reproduce.

Are you offering players below the amount they want? Any kind of link like that, maybe there is no pattern to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                      Overs in a day issue:

I agree that this needs sorting out to be more realistic, but it will have to be quite dynamic, which could make it quite difficult to get it right. It might not be something we get around to for 2011, but we'll have a chat about it.

I can't say it's something I particularly look at, but it does stand out a bit.

I think at the moment county teams play 96 overs in a day, test sides should be 90 but is invariably 80-85. Don't know what the Aussie states are required to play.
                      No worries if you guys can't make it dynamic for ICC2011 but please please please at least make it 90 overs MAX for all matches (county, tests, Aus-states or whatever) if you will but no more 100-110 overs a day days.

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                      Contract bug:

Is it possible the same thing is happening, but you're describing it differently, mattjp doesn't actually say the player disappears from squad immediately.

Enigma, does your player leave your squad as soon as you progress from sorting your own players out? Or is he leaving the squad a few rounds in to "domestic" negotiations?

Just trying to get as much information as possible, as it'll be a difficult one to reproduce.

Are you offering players below the amount they want? Any kind of link like that, maybe there is no pattern to it.
                      They leave few rounds into the bidding process.

Well, as it works, first, I offer contracts to my existing players who've expired their contracts then I click "Continue", then some'll accept & others will warn about leaving, etc then I place bids for NEW players & change or keep the offers for existing ones who'd rejected, then I click "Continue", then sometimes this time (or the next round) some of my existing players will give me "that" message, I click OK & but they remain in my squad, their contract says "0 years" then I make other NEW bids, if any, & click "Continue" (obviously, I can't bid for "those" players for the moment as their original bids are gone & they're not yet in "Domstic Players" list) & I click "Continue" & NOW, they'll vanish & appear in "Domestic Players" list.

Yes, they're usually the ones that I've offered less than what they're asking for but the message in question does NOT appear for everyone who I've underbid for but only some of them while others might say "I'm going to Surrey or Durham" or whatever the case may be.
                      Last edited by enigma; 02-28-2011, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the extra detail, I'll see if we can go about reproducing it and fixing the bug. With bugs like these, the more detail the better as they aren't easy to reproduce.

I'll get on to the overs in a day issue and see what we can do.

Comment

I un-installed the game and tried to re-install it (been having the same problems as djdj, being unable to patch the game). However, during installation, a message flashed up saying:
                          "The following error occurred on the file C:\Program Files (x86)\Childish Things\International Cricket Captain 2010\Cricket.exe .
                          Access is denied.
                          (0x5)"
                          Ignoring this and continuing the installation results in me being told that I may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item, even when I run it as an administrator.
                          Any ideas?
                          Thanks

Comment

Are you logged in to an Administrator account? What OS are you using?

What point during installation is the error occurring? Are you leaving the installation in focus and not running any other programs?

Comment

I am logged into an Administrator account, and using Windows 7.
                              Ok, I left the installation in focus and it installed fine, but when I tried to patch the game, I was told "The update file could not be found - Installation Problem". I was doing this after disabling my firewall.

Comment

When you run the game to patch it, can you right click on the shortcut and select Run As Administrator.

The patch needs full focus as well for the best stability. Do you have any other programs running, iTunes has been a problem in the past.

You using CD or download version?

Comment

Working...
                                X