Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're having trouble with the patch and have the download version, just un-install and re-install the latest download. You're licence will work automatically and your saved games are kept. If you have a CD version then re-install from the CD and try the patch from the "internet game" option.

Comment

A couple of longstanding bugs

This relates to field edit mode. When a player retires hurt, you cannot select the 'wagon-wheel' of scoring shots for the replacement player. This continues through the whole innings - the wagon wheel for the last player in is never available.

That's the important one. The other is strictly cosmetic. Batsmen never ground their bats in running. They appear to hold them about a foot off the ground, even when being given not-out in a close run-out call.

Apologies if these are fixed in version 10, as I haven't played it yet.

Comment

I've had a bug with negotiations that's happened a couple of times in my Essex game. I'm trying to re-negotiate a contract with an existing player, but after a few rejections the player says "I'm going elsewhere, Essex have offered me a better deal". He then disappears from my squad and doesn't appear on the list of uncontracted players either.

Comment

90 Overs In Day

Not sure if this has been posted yet but I haven't been on in yonks.

Was really stoked that the overs per day issue was fixed and we get 90 in a day and not the 100-110 in older versions. But then, every day is 90, without fail, without time allocated for innings changeover, 5 paceman, 2-3 spinners, etc.

Below is a perfect example:
          The first screenshot shows my bowlers at the 80 over mark. I've used quick men for 66 overs, and the time remaining shows 28 minutes.
          It is not physically possible for a team to bowl 10 overs in 28 minutes.
          To prove so, I used my quicks with the new ball for the last 10 overs, and they ended up getting the 90 overs in the allocated 28 min. The second screenshot also shows wickets have fallen, thus causing further delay.

Now I know play can be extended by upto 30 minutes to allow for the completion of the overs, but shouldn't that be reflected in the game, as well as time made up for rain, bad light etc.? (30 min before play extra, and after)

And also, shouldn't the console be more dynamic so as to reflect if you've used 5 quicks or 3 spinners?

Just a pick up....
          Attached Files
          The Cult Of Personality

Comment

If a player gets injured whilst batting it's seems that it becomes impossible to get all 3 bowling points when you their team out.

Comment

Its how it works in real life.

Comment

Highest Run Scorer

When your highest run scorer was not out last innings, that innings is not counted in his total on your records page.

As the screenshots show, Zander de Bruyn has scored 348 runs for us this season, but the records page shows 327, presumably because his last innings was 21 not out.

I also had a strange bug with the fieldsman doing a dance and letting the batsman run four instead of picking up the ball.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Themer View Post
                  Its how it works in real life.
                  No it's not! The bonus points are for taking 3, 6, and 9 wickets, meaning that you should still get all of the bonus points, even if one batsmen retires hurt.

Comment

The six n out rule

He hits it a mile in the air. Will it carry the straight boundary? Well, it looks like it did. There it is bobbing up and down under the sightscreen. The umpire signals six. The long-off fielder looks despondent. And the batsman walks! Apparently the six-n-out rule is occasionally applied in ICC (although not by the umpire).

I think I've seen it reported before, but with all due respect, given the amount of feedback regarding the progress of the fix, I hope you don't mind me raising it again. I'm not even sure the report I saw was for this version.

Comment

I've not seen that reported before. Looking in to both of the above. The six and out thing sounds pretty difficult to repeat, but we'll look in to it.

bnd3 - Have you got a screenshot? I'm pretty sure it's set to 9 wickets, so it'd be good if we could rule out whether it was taken in the alotted overs, or there was another run out, etc.

Six and Out - Okay, do you have a save from in-match of this? The chances of us being able to repeat it, are next to none. If you haven't and you can repeat it (this is to everyone) can you save it in-game and then send us that save game, we can then look at the wicket highlight.
                      Last edited by Sureshot; 11-02-2010, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Ricky Ponting

Just bought the new game, and very impressed. (The last version I had was the original!) Playing with Worcestershire in England (whose team is so bad it's unbelievable), but just started a new game as Tasmania in Australia. Selecting my squad now - Ponting has retired from 20 over cricket (national and international). He's contracted by Australia, so he can only play 20 over cricket for Tasmania. But since he's retired from that, he can't play for Tasmania at all. Fine - so I tried to remove him from my squad. I'm then told that he's contracted by Australia and will remain in my squad for free. I don't want him to stay in my squad, because he can't actually play any games for me!

Is this a bug? Or in reality, would Ponting be consigned to the Tasmanian squad, even though he can't actually play for Tasmania? (Note, I haven't advanced past this point in an Australian domestic game before... I guess there's no "talk out of retirement" option at some point...)

Edit: I now have got past this point, and despite being told the Australian contracted players could only play T20, they're not playing first-class games...
                        Last edited by alexholowczak; 12-30-2010, 07:15 PM.

Comment

your lucky !

check out my post , i cant even get my game to load. it wont autorun after installation.

Comment

Originally posted by alexholowczak View Post
                            Just bought the new game, and very impressed. (The last version I had was the original!) Playing with Worcestershire in England (whose team is so bad it's unbelievable), but just started a new game as Tasmania in Australia. Selecting my squad now - Ponting has retired from 20 over cricket (national and international). He's contracted by Australia, so he can only play 20 over cricket for Tasmania. But since he's retired from that, he can't play for Tasmania at all. Fine - so I tried to remove him from my squad. I'm then told that he's contracted by Australia and will remain in my squad for free. I don't want him to stay in my squad, because he can't actually play any games for me!

Is this a bug? Or in reality, would Ponting be consigned to the Tasmanian squad, even though he can't actually play for Tasmania? (Note, I haven't advanced past this point in an Australian domestic game before... I guess there's no "talk out of retirement" option at some point...)

Edit: I now have got past this point, and despite being told the Australian contracted players could only play T20, they're not playing first-class games...
                            He doesn't take up any room in your squad because every nationally contracted player adds another spot, so it doesn't really make a difference if he plays or not

Comment

I just bought the game and immediately went to 'internet game' to update to latest patch, however after it went to 100% it said 'the update could not be found' any ideas?

Comment

Not a bug but two suggestions for improving the game.

- Make the Australian League final 5 days like the Sheffield Shield.

- Too many byes. I've seen full-time keepers go for up to 30 byes in a one day game.

Comment

Working...
                                X