Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As much as I think the 3D match engine looks good I don't use it much anymore, only really retrospectively. It's just the spinners take too long to bowl and sometimes (although this is meant to be fixed) I swear I can still a delay before a wicket.

One of the main things I hope is improved is where catches go/shots are hit. It's not quite realistic enough. Example, still too many catches go to short leg.

Also, with regards to batting preferences why can't we have Orthodox/Unorthodox?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chasjs View Post
      One of the main things I hope is improved is where catches go/shots are hit. It's not quite realistic enough. Example, still too many catches go to short leg.
      Yeah; it's strange seeing a short leg as a default fielding position throughout the innings, no matter how badly your bowlers are getting hit, because you know there's going to be a catch there sooner or later.

Comment

• I too would love to see a big improvement in where catches are taken and off what kinds of shots. This would obviously then add to the variation in dismissals. I mean there really should be more catches at the likes of backward point or in the covers and not just from skyed shots but from middled shots, especially in OD games. I've seen skyed shots caught almost everywhere in the game but never any catches off middled shots or slightly mistimed shots which leaves a big hole in the game in my book. The default fields are the same for tests and OD cricket, almost always a short mid-wicket. When do we ever see a short mid in OD games. Very rarely indeed. This needs to be fixed. I don't mind seeing the odd catch being taken at short mid when playing a test and it does only seem to happen the odd time which is fine.

Comment

• New Default Field Settings

These are not realistic at all, especially for one day games. Standard one day field in the powerplay has deep men at 2 of fine leg, third man, or deep extra cover.

I've worked with custom fields a lot, and would be happy to setup a template of realistic default field settings. Let me know Sureshot, I've worked on field placings a lot in ICC series
          Check out my ICC fixture editor

Comment

• Where catches go is definitely something we are looking in to.

Re: Field Settings - The default ones are remarkably more complex than they actually look (not particularly efficient on how they work, but it is old code), they definitely need doing, but it's not just a case of moving fielders around and putting that new field as default, unfortunately. Due to the complexity of it and other issues we are looking at, it may be something that is pushed back to 2012.

Comment

• Another stats Page ,
              Batting
              a Page which shows who has got to thousand runs quickest.
              Also who has the highest number runs per season and overall.

Bowling
              a Page which shows who has got to hundred wickets quickest.
              Who took has taken the most wickest and has the best economy rate.
              Leading wicket taker.

Fielding
              Most catches, stumping and run outs.

should be for all formats of the game.

Comment

• How about the more unusual modes of dismissal, like hit wicket, and handling the ball? I know they don't come up that often in RL, but might be interesting to add.

I know I have mentioned overthrows before, so, in a similar vein, how about short runs? IE, that batsman runs 3, but is short on 1 of them, so gets 2 instead.

Just a couple of things that popped into my brain on the drive home from work...
                World Serious Cricket

Comment

• Interesting, I like the idea of them existing in the game, but I think it's something that is more of an addition that we might do in the future.

Comment

• Since we're talking about overthrows, how about throws coming in to the non-striker's end? There are so many times that that's the danger end, but the fielder always throws to the keeper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Machinax View Post
                      Since we're talking about overthrows, how about throws coming in to the non-striker's end? There are so many times that that's the danger end, but the fielder always throws to the keeper.
                      Yes this is a problem and I'd say an important one too. I've noticed the opposition batsmen in recent matches I've played take ridiculous singles. Ridiculous singles made possible by the fact that the fielder always throws to the keepers end when it would be an easy run out at the non-strikers end. This one needs to be fixed definitely, but I wont hold my breath.

Comment

• I think it would be nice to develop the run-outs area of the game. Not all driect hits, throws to non-strikers end, possibly some decisions going to the third umpire, etc..

Comment

• Also, I think the logistics of run outs could do with tweaking, even as they are. I say this because batsmen will attempt a run even if they hit the ball straight to a close-in fielder, or they will attempt a second run as an outfielder is returning the ball. Fortunately, this doesn't happen all the time, but it's still a blemish.

Comment

• Sort of related, but sometimes the return is already on the way when batsmen start their third or fourth run. The keeper receives it while the batsman is still a few strides short of his ground, but is oblivious to the fact and makes no attempt to run him out. I'd rather lose a run than get one animated so ludicrously.

Comment

• This is all related to the area of improving the variety of dismissals in the game. A significant improvement in this area would add a huge amount to the game imo, if done right.

I know a complete overhaul is not possible, and probably not necessary either, so I would highlight the following as being the most important things to fix.

1. It should be possible that catches can be taken anywhere in the field, off middled shots, mistimed shots or skyed shots. Sureshot has said above that they're looking into this.

2. Run outs should occur at both ends. For it not to be possible for run outs to happen at the non-strikers end is a big flaw in the game tbh and it results in highly unrealistic singles being run among other things.

3. A couple of new strokes should be added. The reverse sweep and the Dilscoop are strokes you'll see attempted by batsmen in almost every 20/20 and OD game you'll see these days.

4. You should have the option to bring the keeper up to the stumps for seam bowlers of a certain pace. Maybe this one is a bit much.

5. You should be presented with options of what you'd like your players to have for lunch. For eg you could have the option of telling your pace bowler to either have some pasta and salad or you could tell him to have a BigMac. If he has the BigMac then he'll get an extra burst of pace but will tire quicker. If he has the pasta and salad then he wont get the extra...........or maybe not.

But seriously, I think if the devs can get 1-3 from above right and make a significant improvement in the whole area of stats then 2011 will be well worth the buy.

Comment

• 1.need to improve 3d engine(optional)

2.add new player generation like opening allrounder like shane watson , sanath jayasuriya , darren maddy ,etc

3.add new domestic comp like csa domestic or nzc domestic

4.add option to select zim , ireland

i know doing all seems like impossible but atleast 2 of them are possible
                                thats the bottomline bcoz stone cold said so

Comment

Working...
                                X