Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know whether anyone can help but when open up the game it will not load, I have tried, all the solutions on this thread which have not worked. When I troubleshoot, it comes back and tells me that it is an incompatible application. I was just wondering what I could do to fix this, any ideas are welcome.

Comment

tried every thing.Not working
      Still it only works if i execute it as soon as i log in.

I think this game has got some issue with vista home edition.

" The other bob wilson " also faces the same issue and he also has vista home.

@The other bob wilson

Was ur problem solved ?

Comment

I suspect that is because your anti-virus, firewall or a specific part of those programs hasn't started yet.

If when you allow ICC2010 full access to the internet and it still doesn't load up, then something is still blocking it. Problem is, it's a case of trial and error trying to work out what is blocking it.

A customer on the e-mails the other day resolved a problem with TalkSecurity by turning off GuardProtection (I think it was called that). If when you turn off the anti-virus or firewall and it still won't start, then you have either minimised it or the anti-virus/firewall doesn't turn off properly when you do actually turn it off (this is quite common, to protect people accidentally becoming vulnerable), if this happens I would advise you to go in to the Windows Task Manager and shut-down the processes relating to anti-virus/firewall.

Unfortunately, the solution can only be found by trial and error, which is quite frustrating on our part as well as yours.

Comment

I would suggest that it's very very VERY important to make sure you are disconnected from the internet before you disable your anti-virus. I realize that if your game won't play with your anti-virus running, and you want to play online, this puts you in an impossible situation. Well yes, I'm afraid I would say it does. If your web connection is faster than dialup, and you've ever done anything fun with it, you can be virus-infected without even having a browser open. Please please get an anti-virus that doesn't interfere with your game. There are free downloadable ones available eg. AVG

And no, I'm not on commission - I'm not even selling anything :-).

Comment

Hi,

I tried installing the demo today but after install I am getting an error message that says "CricketMFC Application encountered a problem and needs to be closed"

My system is Win XP, 1.7Gb Ram, 2.8ghz CPU and ATI 9600XT Radeon Graphics card. Any ideas whats wrong?

Comment

What's your screen resolution?

Comment

My screen resolution is 1280 x 1024

Comment

Well, almost a week later and I have had no luck. I have tried everything I could think of (I am no computer novice) and no luck. Elicense gave one suggestion but that was the first thing I tried, not heard from them since. I think I will buy ICC 2009 and leave it at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Helsinkicricketfan View Post
                    Well, almost a week later and I have had no luck. I have tried everything I could think of (I am no computer novice) and no luck. Elicense gave one suggestion but that was the first thing I tried, not heard from them since. I think I will buy ICC 2009 and leave it at that.
                    I am in the same boat as Helsinki. I was using the 2008 version no problems at all and then one night when I ran the game, I was hit with the same error message. After trying several times, I gave up, uninstalled it, downloaded the 2010 version (without a problem) and installed it.

On the very first attempt to the run the 2010 version, I get the same error message again.

I run pretty much the same system as Helsinki and have not have had a problem before. A bloody shame, I really want to play the game!

Can provide screen shots if you wish.

Gus
                    Perth, Western Australia

Comment

Hi guys

My game installed correctly and and starts ok but every time I try to load a game it comes up with a message saying that the application has stopped working and the game freezes.

It was working alright until I tried to load the latest patch. After the download was 100%, I clicked ok, but was met with a message saying "The update file required to update International Cricket Captain could not be found - Installation problem" and the game closed. It was only after this when I tried to start up the game that the previously mentioned loading problem began.

I have Windows 7 (64-bit) and am using the CD version of ICC. Any ideas?

Thanks

Comment

Hi,

Did you install the game outside of the default location suggested by the installer?

Have you tried to patch the game since? You may need to temporarily disable your anti-virus/firewall, then try to patch the game. May be your anti-virus/firewall is blocking access to the patch file. Also, can you ensure that when you start the game can you right click on the shortcut and select Run As Administrator, as well as ensuring you are on an admin account on Windows, which you will be if it's the only account.

Gus/Helsinki - The error "CricketMFC has encountered an error and needs to close" is quite a generic message that could be several things. If the message is occuring with a fresh install of the game, I suggest that either the download corrupted at some point, this could be due to stopping/starting the download, a firewall blocking it or just some random error that it didn't download properly.

It's been a while since I've used XP, but I think if you right click on the shortcut to the game there is a Run As Administrator option, click on that.

I've definitely noticed issues with Norton and Comodo firewalls/anti-virus software and the game. It doesn't allow the right access and this can cause issues. Your best bet is:

1) Download the game again. Making sure you don't stop/start it. If you downloaded it from our site last time and had issues, try it from CNET. (The button on the downloads page links to their hosting of the game)
                        2) Before installing, temporarily disable any anti-virus and firewall and make sure no other software is running. Also make sure you are on an administrator account and that you start the download by right clicking on it (Firefox users will need to do this in the Downloads folder, you cannot do it through the browser) and selecting Run As Administrator.
                        3) Then install the game, leaving the installer in focus. Installing to the default folder location suggested by the installer can also help if you are experiencing stability issues.

It's quite frustrating for all of us, finding the cause of the error can be quite tricky. But a fresh install using the right permissions normally does the trick.

Comment

For those of you having issues with Comodo (or have had). Following the instructions on pages 145 and 146 of the PDF below should help.

If you're using XP, I'd recommend re-booting after making such changes if they don't work first time.

Comment

Windows 7 64 bit
                            latest drivers
                            several fresh installs of game

When i start the game it loads then minimizes to the taskbar, i can click on it and it tries to load it then go's back to the taskbar.

Im the admin account and have tried running it in compatibility mode xp sp3 and running at res of 1024x768 but this changes nothing.

Stumped as to why it wont work.

EDIT, is it possible to use a command to make it start in window mode? As i think it may work if i can stop it going into full screen mode.
                            Last edited by the_gas; 05-29-2011, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Hey fella, long time no speak, you all right?

Just checking if there's a windowed shortcut.

Have you double checked that your anti-virus/firewall is allowing it? Might be worth turning them off (well, depends on what your AV is, as most don't actually turn off even if you do), or uninstalling and then getting the game to run and then re-installing AV/firewall.

Anything showing up in the event viewer?

Comment

I've updated the OP to include some information on using Comodo Firewall with the game. As this was one we had most problems with this year, I've set some time aside to do some testing with 2011 beta on Comodo Firewall on a machine.

I know it's a bit late for 2010, but for 2011 I thought it might be useful to build a database of anti-virus/firewall settings. If people could contribute to this, I could create a thread, people could find the av/firewall they use and hopefully make the experience a little easier.

Comment

Working...
                                X