This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gltownley View Post
    I have the AVG 9 Free anti-virus, which is the one that I disabled to re-download & re-install. I also run Zone alarm firewall. I haven't tried turning Zone Alarm off - is that worth giving a go?
    having the exact same problem as you....i also have been sent the same fixes from e-license....turning off Zone alarm and Avg didnt work for me so i would suggest it is worth a go but probably wont work....

give me a shout if you find a fix :P

Comment

I have the AVG 9 Free anti-virus, which is the one that I disabled to re-download & re-install. I also run Zone alarm firewall. I haven't tried turning Zone Alarm off - is that worth giving a go?
      I have tried to install with Zone Alarm switched off on a couple of occasions without success - doesn't mean that it wouldn't work for you though.

Sureshot, your comments made me recheck my windows directory (which I assume is the file entitled "Windows" on my C drive?) - this is where the old msvcr71.dll file was and I noticed it was no longer there. Therefore, I extracted the new one again and copied and pasted it in the Windows file, but I am still getting the same error messages when I try installing the game.

Comment

I have today received an email from e-license stating that my system is the problem.
        They asked somebody at the game developers about the minimum requirements for playing the game & it would appear that I am very low on physical memory.
        Going to look into this when the laptop's not needed for writing children's reports!

Comment

Originally posted by the other bob wilson View Post
          I have tried to install with Zone Alarm switched off on a couple of occasions without success - doesn't mean that it wouldn't work for you though.

Sureshot, your comments made me recheck my windows directory (which I assume is the file entitled "Windows" on my C drive?) - this is where the old msvcr71.dll file was and I noticed it was no longer there. Therefore, I extracted the new one again and copied and pasted it in the Windows file, but I am still getting the same error messages when I try installing the game.
          Maybe you need to edit the security permissions for the folder that the file is in, so you can allow yourself to write to the folder.

Though it's very odd that it's not working already if you are using the administrator account.

Comment

Originally posted by zeduck View Post
            Maybe you need to edit the security permissions for the folder that the file is in, so you can allow yourself to write to the folder.

Though it's very odd that it's not working already if you are using the administrator account.

Sorry zeduck, I'm no expert when it comes to computing so I may need some guidance here. What I did do having read your comments was to go to the Windows file on my C drive, then into properties and security. I checked "Creator/owner", "system" and "administrators" and they all said the same thing in that there were no ticks under allow or deny for any of the categories except for a tick to allow "Special permissions" - is that correct?

Comment

I have today received an email from e-license stating that my system is the problem.
              They asked somebody at the game developers about the minimum requirements for playing the game & it would appear that I am very low on physical memory.
              Going to look into this when the laptop's not needed for writing children's reports!
              Indeed, 'twas I who looked at your dxdiag file. Of your 1GB RAM, 800MB of it was in use, that's quite high. XP will allocate itself about 400MB. So either something is hogging a lot of memory (a good candidate for this is a bad anti-virus, Norton is very resource heavy), Browsers can occupy a lot of memory, too.

If you press Ctrl-Alt-Delete and look on the Processes panel, can you list them and how much they are taking up. How old is your XP install?

Comment

There are currently 68 processes running, so I won't list them all. I noticed that something called TeaTimer.exe was using about 40,000k. I found out that this was to do with Spybot, which I don't use as AVG's spyware detector is fine, so I have removed this from the machine. I now have about 306 mb of available memory. The processes using a lot of memory are:
                Safari - 102,588k (This isn't always this high!)
                SmartBoardTools.exe - 14,576k
                KService.exe - 15,404k
                DSAgnt.exe - 17,128
                iTunesHelper.exe - 13,496k
                VSMon.exe - 29,376k
                svchost.exe - 25,496k (I've noticed there are 3 of these running one listed as local service, one as network service & one as system - is that normal?)
                explorer.exe - 27,028k
                System - 98,496k

If there are any of these that don't need to be running (probably the SmartBoardTools can be turned off the startup), can you let me know please.
                My XP is 2002 version & we've had the machine about 4 years.
                Thanks

Comment

svchost is normal, Safari is probably high because you have lots of tabs open/addons/been open for a while.
                  SmartBoardTools means you have a smart board I presume.
                  explorer is necessary, Itunes isn't really but it doesn't do anything.

Comment

It works!
                    Cleared some stuff off the memory usage & now it loads without a problem. Off to steer Glamorgan to the first division...

Comment

It works!
                      Cleared some stuff off the memory usage & now it loads without a problem. Off to steer Glamorgan to the first division...

Speaking as a fellow Glamorgan fan, I am pleased that you can now play ICC 2010. I am also a bit jealous because, a full fortnight after paying for the game, I still cannot install it.

Yesterday I tried installing the game yet again. I had nothing else open on my computer except for Task Manager, there were no processes running which were taking up huge banks of memory and the CPU usage never went above 50% in the installation procedure and yet, at the end of it, I still got the same error message.

With me not having had a reply to the last e-mail I sent to eLicense five days ago, I am beginning to think I should put the whole thing down to experience and ask for my money back.

Comment

I download the demo with no problems, but when coming towards the end of installing it says. . . error windows/msvc6646rra?

Help please??

Comment

Leigh - do you have any other programs running? This is the primary problem during installation. Again, follow the advice in the first post of this thread.

the other bob wilson - Can you e-mail us through the support form on the left and I will ask our eLicense rep to assist you.

Glad you got the game working gltowney.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

the other bob wilson - Can you e-mail us through the support form on the left and I will ask our eLicense rep to assist you.
                            Just done it now Sureshot - although I have been in touch with eLicense quite a bit already about the problems I am having.

Comment

whenever i open ICC 2010 it says 'could not find gapes' for device
                              i hav win 7
                              plz someone tell me whats the prblm and its solution

Comment

Cricket Captain 2023 is the ultimate cricket management sim, allowing you to take charge any domestic or international team and steer them team to victory through every match of the season

About a third of the way down our support page.

Comment

Working...
                                X