This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At what point does the message come up?

At face value seems like corrupt data (hard drive sector needs fixing - obviously not a DvD or CD error as those aren't released yet)

Let me know when the error comes up. Is it immediately on starting the game? Does the "splash" screen appear?

Give as much detail as you can.

It is a 3rd party application error as well. Microsoft do not go in for triple exclamation marks. (In fact most people over the age of 12 don't go in for triple exclamation marks unless they are posting when mad or drunk on Youtube).

So might be something else you are running not connected to ICC 2010 that is causing a conflict.

Scritty
    Last edited by Scritty; 06-10-2010, 12:09 AM.
    The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

I think Scritty is spot on, something has caused the data to corrupt. Other possibilities could be the anti-virus stopping the download from completing or causing it to corrupt.

What Operating system are you running? Might be worth running a checkdisk scan.

Comment

I've updated the opening post with regards to the running of other software during the installation and activation processes.

Comment

I am using Vista SP2. This meesage came whenever I click on game exe or desktop shortcut. Only this message comes, no splash screen appears.

Comment

Are you using an anti-virus?

Comment

Probably your operating system is corrupted.

Comment

^^ I never use antivirus softwares.

^Probably that can be case.

I guess I have to Install 2009 version and check whether that works or not on this system.

Comment

I have tried everything that is mentioned in this thread and still I can't play a game which I, stupidly as it turned out, bought a week ago without bothering with the two day trial because I had never had a problem with the other versions I had purchased.

I have written numerous e-mails to elicence or whatever they are called and am still waiting for a reply to the last one I wrote on Wednesday morning.

This is all very frustrating and it is made worse by the fact that I am now getting e-mails telling me about a patch I can install (I tried installing that in the forlorn hope that, somehow, it would fix the problem but the same error message appears) when it seems that no one can fix something that is stopping the game running for some in the first place!

Comment

Hi,

What operating system are you running?

Are you getting one of the errors?

What firewall and anti-virus are you using?

The problem is permissions based. So one of the various bits of your system isn't giving the game the appropriate access rights.

Comment

I have Vista Home Premium (32 bit).

The following, taken from an e-mail I sent eLicense last week, explains the problem I have been having;

"All that happens when I click on the desktop shortcut is that I get an error message saying that "CricketIII MFC Application has stopped working" - I am then told that I will be notified if a solution is available, but never receive one.

I have tried to run the program as an Administrator and have tried to get it to
                      to work with my firewall/virus checker (ZoneAlarm) turned off, but without success - I am also still able to play ICC 2009 this morning (like I have done on countless occasions in the past on the same computer I have installed ICC2010 on), so there doesn't seem to be an issue with my graphics card."

The people at eLicense then sent me a file called "msvcr71.dll" which they told me to cut and paste into my Windows Directory once I had unzipped it, but I already had a file by that name in there and when I tried to replace it with the newer one I got an "access denied" message.
                      Last edited by the other bob wilson; 06-14-2010, 07:39 AM.

Comment

I too have tried all of the things mentioned in this post, but am having no joy getting the game to run. E-license told me about the DEP, which I had already done, and sent me the msvcr71.dll file which I copied & pasted into windows; overwriting the one that was already there. Nothing has helped. Since they suggested this I have heard nothing else.

Presumably when the boxed version is released, this will run fine because it doesn't rely on e-license?

Comment

No, the CD version won't be eLicense. eLicense can refund you if you are having issues that they cannot resolve.

the other bob wilson - If you are getting an access denied message, then you aren't on an administrator account.

Can I ask what anti-virus people have who cannot get it to work despite trying all the above mentioned in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

the other bob wilson - If you are getting an access denied message, then you aren't on an administrator account.
                            I checked this and I only have an administrator account on the computer I have tried to play ICC 2010 on - I am now setting up a standard user account as well.

Comment

I can't understand the access denied message, then.

Does it allow you to delete the old msvcr71.dll file?

Comment

I have the AVG 9 Free anti-virus, which is the one that I disabled to re-download & re-install. I also run Zone alarm firewall. I haven't tried turning Zone Alarm off - is that worth giving a go?

Comment

Working...
                                X