No announcement yet.

How Are You Doing in ICC 2009?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After much debating as to who to play as I started as Gloucestershire and things have started well, won my 1st CC match comfortably against Surrey, then beat Sussex in the Challenge Trophy. Last match I played was against Essex who were 2nd in CC but after a 500+ first innings by both sides, Essex came into bat on the last day and got to 198-1 dec. with an hour left in the match. I needed 140 to win so I sent out my batsmen with a very aggressive mentality. I ended up on 126-1 but the draw meant I was 9 points clear of Essex at the top of the table.

My batsmen have all performed superbly. My openers usually build up a good score and then Snell will come in and pick up where they left off. Taylor has scored fast centuries in 2 innings this season. On the Bowling side of things James Franklin and Anthony Ireland have been my main pace bowlers but Kadeer Ali has been the revelation of the season. He's taken key wickets and helps skittle out the tail end. My one regret: not having enough money to afford to pay Tendulkar's salary

Comment

Originally posted by Cyril Washbrook View Post
      I didn't know where to put this, but I just wanted to commend the modification of some of the highlights; in particular, when a batsman gets hit, we get a nice long shot of them doubled over and struggling to regain their balance. (Call me a sadist. )
      I know that post was a while ago now, but just saw it again and realised that all that is now needed is the batsman standing back up if he can continue and falling on the floor if he has to retire hurt

Comment

Well England have won 4 series in a row (west Indies 2-0, Australia 2-1, South Africa 3-1 and Pakistan 3-0 with one game left) i just chased down 523 to win the 3rd test.

Onions, Anderson taking wkts all over the shot with Bopara has made 8 test 100s so far.. and Stausss got a nice 250 odd in that game.. in fact Prior has made 9 50s too in theses tests.

im rarther surprised because in the last game i couldn't win anything in Normal.. but currently i've only lost 2 tests. But like my County i can't win T20 only won 1 game so far.

Comment

Can someone pick me a international side to play as?
          Last edited by Howzat?; 08-05-2009, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Howzat? View Post
            Can someone pick me a international side to play as?
            Bangladesh.

Comment

Originally posted by File A View Post
              Bangladesh.
              I would, but i want to make it a story if possible, and i don't want to do the same as either GrahamB or qpeedore. So i've decided to do South Africa.

Comment

Playing with england, with players under 25 or who havent played test match cricket. Started a story with it, but i couldnt keep it up as it took too much time.
                Windies
                Test - Lost 2-0
                ODI - Lost 2-1
                T20 - Semi Finals.
                Australia
                Ashes - Won 3-2
                Odi's - Won 5-2
                South Africa
                T20's - Drew 1-1
                ODI's - Lost 4-1
                Test - Drew 2-2
                Pakistan
                Currently 1 up in the tests after winning by 541 runs

Comment

Who's doing well for you?

I can never do well with England, never mind a under-25 England!

A.B De Villiers is doing fantastic for me! Average of 227 in 3 ODI's! (Because of n.o's!)

Comment

Into my second season with Worcestershire, who really do seem to be sucha yo-yo team. I got relegated from the Championship Div1 coming 9th, a couple of unfortunate losses at the end of the season scuppered us. We have won the first two matches of the next season in Division 2 very convincingly (shrug) what can you do.

We lost the playoff match in the Pro40, unfortunately, so we got relegated there too. Our One Day game needs a serious shakeup.

Comment

I noticed a problem.. the computer is picking who gets an England Contract.. and they gave one to Trott who I've not played... how can he get a contract yet Prior missed out??? I don't understand how the compeer works this.

It needs to be fixed to as part of the Captain you pick who gets the contracts and to prevent anyone from creating by picking all there county players it should be limited to 3 per county.

Comment

Originally posted by Meph. View Post
                        I noticed a problem.. the computer is picking who gets an England Contract.. and they gave one to Trott who I've not played... how can he get a contract yet Prior missed out??? I don't understand how the compeer works this.

It needs to be fixed to as part of the Captain you pick who gets the contracts and to prevent anyone from creating by picking all there county players it should be limited to 3 per county.
                        That's a fair point. Quite often a keeper isn't given a contract, but is selected in the AI team. I think it would be good if we could sign the contract players, gives it more of a management feel.
                        Also in terms of limiting county contracts, I think its seen as a real good reflection on a county if more of their players are being contracted for England. In the game, it means you have more money to sign more players, and in real life, it means your county has a good development system in place. After all, you're not going to tell a future star he can't play for England because his County already has enough England contracted players are you?
                        The Cult Of Personality

Comment

Originally posted by the_trademarc View Post
                          That's a fair point. Quite often a keeper isn't given a contract, but is selected in the AI team. I think it would be good if we could sign the contract players, gives it more of a management feel.
                          Also in terms of limiting county contracts, I think its seen as a real good reflection on a county if more of their players are being contracted for England. In the game, it means you have more money to sign more players, and in real life, it means your county has a good development system in place. After all, you're not going to tell a future star he can't play for England because his County already has enough England contracted players are you?
                          Not but you can still pick him... i dunno how many contracts there are but what im saying players could cheat by offering then all to their own county teamto gain more money, i don't know whay anyone would want to bother it sucks the fun out of it but i guessed that was one of the reasons it has never been included as part of being England coach.. so limiting it kinda solves that issue but its not a big deal,

Either way we should have control over who gets them (and England lions.. at least picking the squads so we can keep an eye on possible players and current ones battling for form)

Comment

Originally posted by Howzat? View Post
                            Who's doing well for you?

I can never do well with England, never mind a under-25 England!

A.B De Villiers is doing fantastic for me! Average of 227 in 3 ODI's! (Because of n.o's!)
                            Tom Smith (ODI) and Josh Cobb have been good for me. Bopara and Cook obviously. Patel and Bresnan have had moments of excellence. Broad and Plunkett have been a dynamite opening Bowlers.

Comment

Just completed first season as Surrey, very good in 1 day matches (won challenge trophy, 20/20 and promoted from pro 40 div 2), hopeless at 4 day game (2 wins all season, finished bottom). Batting was far better than bowling, with a settled top order of Benning, Newman, Butcher, Ramps, Afzaal, Schofield, Elliot and Batty, but frontline bowlers were patchy to say the least. Pedro Collins eventually lost his place, I stuck with Nel in the absence of anything better, Ormond was tidy without setting the world alight. When Mark Butcher turns out to be your main strike bowler, you know you've got problems!

So I was naturally keen to wrap up the season and be able to get into the transfer market; horrified by retirements of Ramps and Elliot though (my top 2 scorers in 4 dayers, both 1000+), so I reloaded the game :P

This time I had four retirements :O However, 2 of these I would have terminated anyway (Tudor - way too expensive in every sense, and Collins), Ramps (40, although I'm sure he has just signed a new contract and has no plans to retire irl, luckily as he's still the best bat in the country), and Jimmy Ormond, who I would have retained. So I stuck with this, and further culled my squad to the extent that with prize money from last year I had over £600k to work with

Good as Newman was for me I let him go (£59k a year?! Way too much). I was able to re-sign him for £44k in the 3rd round of the draft. Elliot stays as my overseas, and I signed quite a few promising players from the academy, from young players and a couple from the draft; last year I had little money for coaching (20k), 10k for academy and none for physio; this year I'll have max for all 3 areas, plus a surplus of £80k which I hope I can use at the end of this season.

First time I've played this game, having played Champ Man for many years. Really enjoying it. Best game so far was a 4 dayer towards the end of the season at Div 2 leaders Kent. They piled on 500+ (as every team did lmao), I just failed to reach the follow on, then a 2nd innings collapse had us reeling at 80-odd for 7, before miraculously Batty and Schofield put on a record 8th wicket partnership of 264, enabling me to set Kent 263 just before tea. Got within a whisker of winning at 80-9, the last wicket falling with the final ball - if only!

England selectors not exactly beating a path to the Brit Oval (as irl), so I can just get on with building a settled side and nurturing new talent; got a very promising group of youngsters aged 18-23, especially fast bowlers, so looking forward to what the future holds. Oh, and England won the Ashes 3-2, winning the first 3 Tests. As I write England are 69-5 at Headingley, and our chances of taking a lead to the 'real home of cricket' look non existent.

Comment

In my game both Batty and Solanki consistantly underperform.

Comment

Working...
                                X