This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ian_kettle View Post
    I've sorted now, just downloaded some updated graphics drivers. Thanks for your help today Sureshot, much appreciated on what must be a very hectic day! Looking forward to getting stuck in tomorrow!!
    Slightly busy day, yes But very rewarding.

Glad you got your issue fixed, Ian. We're gradually resolving these machine related cases, if anyone is reading this, please do get in touch.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael H View Post
      Hi Sureshot.

Seems to be some strange batting line ups. For example, South Africa v WIndies had Amla at 6 and Faf Du Plessis at 7! I'll let you know if/when I spot some more
      Let us know, Michael. We've been discussing how we handle batting positions today with plans for future versions, can be tricky to balance.

Comment

Originally posted by jedimasterlincoln View Post

Yep, not even a pop up for tea, just said "match drawn"... clicked continue despite only being in session 2 and it crashed. I managed to reload the save game and actually bowl Hampshire out for 67 and 140 negating the need to use the 4th day and progress my game.... thanks anyway!
        I've sent you a private message

Comment

Hi , I`m still unable to launch CC2016, I`ve tried the suggestions posted, but no joy. Still says problem with Windows.
          I`m a bit of a Technophobe, so I hope the solution is not to complicated. I`m a load and play person.

Comment

Similar to others the game will NOT launch. I click on it on steam, and it says 'running', in the game library list, and then it disappears and nothing happens. Sometimes a box saying 'preparing to launch' or 'first time setup' comes up, but they vanish and nothing happens.

Pretty annoyed as it looks like I've wasted my money at this point, to be honest - never had this problem with anything else on steam.

Interestingly, though, Steam has logged game time at 3 minutes, so it would appear that the programme is initiating and then crashing. It's still disappointing.

Comment

I'm experiencing the same issue as Carolus above. I've attempted to roll back drivers (still didn't run) and re-installed the current video card drivers (still didn't run).

Comment

I've got an Otago save going at the moment, and the game keeps crashing. I can't get past the 10 match of the NZ T20 comp. I play it but as soon as the game finishes the game crashes. If I try to skip it, it crashes again.

Comment

Same issues as others..gamne installed via steam but cannot play, did as advised with no changes

Comment

Originally posted by Ausathon View Post
                    I've got an Otago save going at the moment, and the game keeps crashing. I can't get past the 10 match of the NZ T20 comp. I play it but as soon as the game finishes the game crashes. If I try to skip it, it crashes again.
                    Sounds worrying, but should be fixable with the save.

Can you go to the saves folder:

C:\Users\<User name>\AppData\Roaming\Childish Things\Cricket Captain 2016\Saves

Then you should be able to attach the affected save game to a post.

Comment

For those of you experiencing the game crashing or being unresponsive before it even opens, this will be caused by your anti-virus software. Norton/Symantec products seem to be working even worse this year. Yes, other Steam games might work for you, but the way these problematic anti-virus software work make this irrelevant.

Two steps here:

1) Tell me your anti-virus and I can give you instructions for adding exceptions, which work in some cases.

2) Go to Windows Control Panel, then Programs and Programs and Features. This will open your programs list, I will then need you to send me screenshots of your installed programs.

The complete guide to capturing screenshots on Windows Need to take a screenshot on your Windows PC? Whether you want to capture the full screen or just one window or area, there are several quick and easy ways to take screenshots in...

IF you don't want your installed programs visible on the forums, then please message them to me or contact us through the support form here:

There is a file attachment option, third button from the right above the text editor.

Cricket Captain 2023 is the ultimate cricket management sim, allowing you to take charge any domestic or international team and steer them team to victory through every match of the season

Step 2 is quite relevant, we find that sometimes people will have trial versions of anti-virus software installed, these can cause problems.

There can also be slider settings within your anti-virus settings that relate to how aggressive your AV is, the higher it is, the more of an impact it can have on allowing the game run.

If your anti-virus software has a game mode, use it.

FYI, we've tried numerous times to get in contact with these companies in the hope that they'll sort the issue at their end, but got nowhere with them.

Comment

Hi, I was just playing a 20 Over WC tournament with the Netherlands. I qualified for the Semi-Finals (with no issues up to this point) but my Semi-Final match was just simulated as if it were a match between two non-user teams and it then said I was knocked out of the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by 07bullit View Post
                          Hi, I was just playing a 20 Over WC tournament with the Netherlands. I qualified for the Semi-Finals (with no issues up to this point) but my Semi-Final match was just simulated as if it were a match between two non-user teams and it then said I was knocked out of the tournament.
                          Sorry for this.

Thanks for the report. I've repeated this myself and have passed on for fixing.

Comment

Hey guys. Loving this so far. Not sure if this the right place to put this, is their a rough date for the dropbox integration? I'm going to buy the android version as soon as this is part of the game and I can transfer my saves.

Thanks guys!

Comment

No rough date yet for PC Dropbox support.

Should be noted that Dropbox is working on every platform apart from PC. Android to Android will work, etc.

Comment

The team badges are clear when you scroll through the teams via the "team details" section
                                They are blurred when they are listed in the "world ratings" screens.
                                They are smaller there but should stil be in focus

Comment

Working...
                                X