X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cricket Captain 2016 Bug Reports

Please report all bugs here.

The more detail you can give us about the problem, the quicker we can fix.

Regards,
    Sureshot

i loaded up game changed it to windowed mode went afk for 30 min's come back to game crash now it load's and if i got options to go back to stop the windowed mode incase that caused the crash, but soon as i click options it crashs and sometimes it crash's while loading

Comment

Originally posted by sleepywonder View Post
      i loaded up game changed it to windowed mode went afk for 30 min's come back to game crash now it load's and if i got options to go back to stop the windowed mode incase that caused the crash, but soon as i click options it crashs and sometimes it crash's while loading
      Sounds like you have a corrupted install or driver issues, sleepywonder.

To check for corrupted install:

Open Steam, go to your library and find Cricket Captain 2016.
      Right click on Cricket Captain 2016 and select Properties.
      Go to Local Files and then select Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

This will check your install for any issues against the latest version on Steam.

If that's unsuccessful, please do this:

Press Windows key and R at the same time on your keyboard
      Type "dxdiag" (without the quotes) in the box and press enter
      Go to the Display tab, please tell me:

Device Name
      Device Chip Type
      Driver Version
      Driver Date

Outside of that, we could be looking at hardware conflicts.

Sureshot

Comment

Hi,

I've purchased the game this morning but cant get it to launch. Everytime I click on the icon on my desktop or try to launch through steam nothing happens. I've reinstalled the game but still the same issue. ICC2015 works on this machine so wouldn't have thought its an issue with my laptop? Any thoughts or suggestions?

Comment

I am getting the message "Game failed to start (app already running) about 1 in 3 times I try to load it, the other times i get nothing.

Comment

Hi Ian,

An unresponsive game normally means it's being blocked by anti-virus software.

What anti-virus software do you use?

Have you changed this recently?

Sureshot

Comment

i am now also unable to play cricket cap 2015 but i can play games like nba 2k16 cs go league of legends
              and i played cricket captian 2015 this morning before installing 2016

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
              Driver Version: 10.18.13.6839
              recently updated driver

+++ WER1 +++:
              Fault bucket 116200372015, type 5

Event Name: BEX

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: CricketCaptain.exe

P2: 0.0.0.0

P3: 577b52f1

P4: ltc_game32-114279.dll

P5: 1.0.0.1

P6: 57756220

P7: 000b2439

P8: c0000417

P9: 00000000

P10:
              Last edited by sleepywonder; 07-05-2016, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Thanks Sureshot, I've disabled all of my anti virus software, reinstalled ICC and still no change.

When I click on the icon I have one of 3 things happen, occassionally I get the blue circle for a few seconds then nothing, occassionally I get nothing and then occassionally I get the message saying the app is already running?

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Comment

Just to confirm, I've just run ICC2015 on this machine and it runs no problem?! Just a problem with ICC 2016

Comment

Originally posted by sleepywonder View Post
                    i am now also unable to play cricket cap 2015 but i can play games like nba 2k16 cs go league of legends
                    and i played cricket captian 2015 this morning before installing 2016

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
                    Driver Version: 10.18.13.6839
                    recently updated driver
                    I reckon this is driver related, as I'm seeing a few reports of issues with that driver and other games. Including a response from an Nvidia employee that it will be fixed int he next version. This was the first driver for the new 10xx series iirc.

I think you should rollback your drivers.

Can you please do this:

Press Windows key and R at the same time on your keyboard
                    Type "devmgmt.msc" without the quotes and press enter
                    In Device Manager, open Display adapters, right click on NVIDIA Geforce GTX 770 and select properties.
                    In the Driver Tab select Roll Back Driver.

Follow on screen instructions.

FYI, I have an almost identical card to you, though I'm running on drivers from back in March.

----

ian_kettle

Can you verify the game cache.

Open Steam, go to your library. Right click on CC2016 and select properties.
                    Go to Local Files and select Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

If this process downloads a file, please let me know.

Is Steam in Online mode? (it will say offline mode at the bottom of the Steam client if it's offline).

Sureshot

Comment

Ian kettle seems to have had the exact same problem i had with last years version which was quite tricky to solve.

Comment

Thanks Sureshot. Yes Steam is online mode. I've gone onto verify integrity of game cache, it's churned through and says 'All files successfully validated'

Comment

seems im out off luck unable to roll back due to completely wiping things but i did go back some drivers via unisntall and re install the drivers with older ones igot from nvidia sadly only issue i have is with cc 2016
                          guess i just wait and see if new drivers fix it or something i dont know it is only game i have issue with

Comment

Just to confirm, verifying integrity of game cache hasn't fixed the problem, still failing to load the game. Unfortunately looks like I may have to get a refund if I'm not going to be able to load it on this machine :-(

Comment

Not sure if right place but thought I'd give my feedback + what I perceive as bugs so far.

The new camera angles are the best new change I can ever remember this series doing. Completely freshened the game up so far, and loving every single shot like it's from a new engine. Definitely something to look to improve on + add new angles on for next year. However so far I have noticed that if you select a camera angle that it doesn't save that angle for the next match you play, meaning you spend a minute or so flicking through your first highlight trying to find the same one again when IMO it should be autosaving (I assume is intended to). I would also like the feature of having different camera angles saved for when I am bowling/batting as I assume many people would prefer watching both sides in different angles.

Sorting the players for selection seems to be bugged a little bit too. In the past if you select 'batting' it arranges the players by batting average which doesn't seem to be working properly. Not only that, but when you manually sort by batting average and then move to 'bowling' it keeps all the players in the same order so you're now sorted by batting average in the bowling section which I'm sure isn't intended.

One last minor thing that might not be seen by many as a bug, but the highlight speed for left arm spinners and right arm leg spinners seems to be 2.5x longer than fast bowlers/off spinners which irks me as it feels like the flow of the game really stalls waiting to see those follow through their initial action. Medium bowlers are also guilty of this but still seem to get through their actions fast. (This is something that isn't new just thought I'd throw it in)

Love the game so far, and the players I've played with feel accurate according to ability ATM

Comment

Working...
                              X