Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am going to respond to posts separately.

Originally posted by ashhh View Post
    Not sure if right place but thought I'd give my feedback + what I perceive as bugs so far.

The new camera angles are the best new change I can ever remember this series doing. Completely freshened the game up so far, and loving every single shot like it's from a new engine. Definitely something to look to improve on + add new angles on for next year. However so far I have noticed that if you select a camera angle that it doesn't save that angle for the next match you play, meaning you spend a minute or so flicking through your first highlight trying to find the same one again when IMO it should be autosaving (I assume is intended to). I would also like the feature of having different camera angles saved for when I am bowling/batting as I assume many people would prefer watching both sides in different angles.

Sorting the players for selection seems to be bugged a little bit too. In the past if you select 'batting' it arranges the players by batting average which doesn't seem to be working properly. Not only that, but when you manually sort by batting average and then move to 'bowling' it keeps all the players in the same order so you're now sorted by batting average in the bowling section which I'm sure isn't intended.

One last minor thing that might not be seen by many as a bug, but the highlight speed for left arm spinners and right arm leg spinners seems to be 2.5x longer than fast bowlers/off spinners which irks me as it feels like the flow of the game really stalls waiting to see those follow through their initial action. Medium bowlers are also guilty of this but still seem to get through their actions fast. (This is something that isn't new just thought I'd throw it in)

Love the game so far, and the players I've played with feel accurate according to ability ATM
    Definitely right place, I think i might set up a new Cameras thread when the dust has settled. We can and want to do a lot with these in the future, which will get easier to work with as we despangle* the code more. They are great, they show off the stadiums well, which you didn't see enough of last year. As the 3D gets the development to it year on year, these are going to be vital.

I've logged the storing of camera between matches, good point.

I'm not seeing the issue with sort players, what screen(s) are you on?

Have logged the speed of animations being played for spinners, not sure what we can do here, but I've logged it.

*Technical term

Sureshot

Comment

Originally posted by sleepywonder View Post
      seems im out off luck unable to roll back due to completely wiping things but i did go back some drivers via unisntall and re install the drivers with older ones igot from nvidia sadly only issue i have is with cc 2016
      guess i just wait and see if new drivers fix it or something i dont know it is only game i have issue with
      I think the best thing is for you to install the same driver I have, I know it works for me and the game. If the problem persists we can look elsewhere as it's very unlikely to be drivers that's the problem if we have the same ones, might be a software conflict.

Comment

Originally posted by ian_kettle View Post
        Just to confirm, verifying integrity of game cache hasn't fixed the problem, still failing to load the game. Unfortunately looks like I may have to get a refund if I'm not going to be able to load it on this machine :-(
        This is likely going to be some kind of software conflict, this will be easier to sort through e-mails.

Can you use the support form on this page, mention your username on here.

Cricket Captain 2023 is the ultimate cricket management sim, allowing you to take charge any domestic or international team and steer them team to victory through every match of the season

Comment

Thanks for the response, good to hear!

As for the 'sort players' I mean in particular the selection tabs for International sides when a series comes up. Not sure if this is exclusively a International bug or if I am not explaining it right as I have not played first class yet. Select squad when a series comes up > entire pool of players > batting. It normally orders by batting average (which it sometimes does) but if you then switch to bowling the players remain exactly the same instead of sorting themselves into bowling averages. This replicates the other way when you arrange by bowlers first and then switch to batsmen.

I haven't really played any ICC game since 2013 which I've spammed up until now, so maybe this new way has been introduced for a while and is intended, though I'm not sure what purpose it serves if so!

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

This is likely going to be some kind of software conflict, this will be easier to sort through e-mails.

Can you use the support form on this page, mention your username on here.

http://childishthings.com/support.php
            I've installed windows 10 now, and this now tells me what the issue is rather than just being unresponsive. The issue is with the graphics card driver. I've gone on to steam and it says my video card drivers are out of date but it can't detect which drivers I need. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help so far. I think the issue is trying to play it on my old laptop as I was too impatient for the Mac release next week!!

Comment

4 day game Lancs v Hants... got to day 4 session 2 chasing 55 to win... rain forecast for last session so tonking it.... Got to tea... Said match drawn without any other pop ups to signal tea/rain and then kicked me out of the game and closed.

Comment

Originally posted by jedimasterlincoln View Post
                4 day game Lancs v Hants... got to day 4 session 2 chasing 55 to win... rain forecast for last session so tonking it.... Got to tea... Said match drawn without any other pop ups to signal tea/rain and then kicked me out of the game and closed.
                So you had clicked through the "Continue" button on the Tea interval popup that you see within the match interface, you were expecting to go to the match interval/summary screen, but it didn't.

By "kicked me out of the game and closed", you mean it crashed?

Have you got a save game for this from before this happened?

Comment

Thanks for the response, good to hear!

As for the 'sort players' I mean in particular the selection tabs for International sides when a series comes up. Not sure if this is exclusively a International bug or if I am not explaining it right as I have not played first class yet. Select squad when a series comes up > entire pool of players > batting. It normally orders by batting average (which it sometimes does) but if you then switch to bowling the players remain exactly the same instead of sorting themselves into bowling averages. This replicates the other way when you arrange by bowlers first and then switch to batsmen.

I haven't really played any ICC game since 2013 which I've spammed up until now, so maybe this new way has been introduced for a while and is intended, though I'm not sure what purpose it serves if so!
                  Okay, I think I know what you mean now.

Let me know if the below process is wrong:

Gone in to Player Records
                  My filters are set to Batting, First Class, Career I'm sorting with Bat average.
                  I change the first filter to Bowling.

I now see the players sorted in the exact same way, but now I get their bowling averages.

We store the sort selection from the last filter, the idea being that if you're picking a squad and can't pick between two players on one set of stats, you can see their other stats (which may help you make a decision) without having to go hunting for them.

Have you seen that we now sort with column headings (ie, click on Bat column heading to sort by bat average) rather than a sort filter button? There's a little arrow pointing up on the selected column. This has changed from the 2013 version.

Comment

Originally posted by ian_kettle View Post

I've installed windows 10 now, and this now tells me what the issue is rather than just being unresponsive. The issue is with the graphics card driver. I've gone on to steam and it says my video card drivers are out of date but it can't detect which drivers I need. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help so far. I think the issue is trying to play it on my old laptop as I was too impatient for the Mac release next week!!
                    Makes sense, drivers on Windows are a pain, especially as machines get older the support for them drops off. Microsoft's drive to get people upgrading to Windows 10 is great for them, but not so great for gaming when you see chipsets running Windows 10 that last had official drivers for Windows 7.

Do you know the exact system manufacturer and system model?

Comment

Earning your money tonight Sureshot

Have just had...

"Fatal error - Steam not initialised. The Steam Client must be open to play the game"

Edit - seems to be a Steam issue where the original steam update didn't take .... Sorted now
                      Last edited by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog; 07-05-2016, 10:05 PM. Reason: Correction

Comment

So you had clicked through the "Continue" button on the Tea interval popup that you see within the match interface, you were expecting to go to the match interval/summary screen, but it didn't.

By "kicked me out of the game and closed", you mean it crashed?

Have you got a save game for this from before this happened?

Yep, not even a pop up for tea, just said "match drawn"... clicked continue despite only being in session 2 and it crashed. I managed to reload the save game and actually bowl Hampshire out for 67 and 140 negating the need to use the 4th day and progress my game.... thanks anyway!

Comment

Hi Sureshot.

Seems to be some strange batting line ups. For example, South Africa v WIndies had Amla at 6 and Faf Du Plessis at 7! I'll let you know if/when I spot some more

Comment

I've sorted now, just downloaded some updated graphics drivers. Thanks for your help today Sureshot, much appreciated on what must be a very hectic day! Looking forward to getting stuck in tomorrow!!

Makes sense, drivers on Windows are a pain, especially as machines get older the support for them drops off. Microsoft's drive to get people upgrading to Windows 10 is great for them, but not so great for gaming when you see chipsets running Windows 10 that last had official drivers for Windows 7.

Do you know the exact system manufacturer and system model?

Comment

Not a bug but don't want to make a new topic. Just wondering where do I find scorecards that I've saved?

Comment

Not a bug but don't want to make a new topic. Just wondering where do I find scorecards that I've saved?
                                Press Windows key and R at the same time on your keyboard
                                In the run box enter, "%AppData%\Childish Things\Cricket Captain 2016\Saves" then press enter.

You'll see them as a .txt in here.

Comment

Working...
                                X