Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just noticed this bug and I'm not sure if its happened in previous seasons. In the Final of the NZ One Day Cup the playoff system is set up incorrectly.

Screenshot - https://postimg.org/image/45jv02g3b/

The Problem seems to be with the second qualifier.

On the table Central Districts came first, Canterbury Second, Northern third and Auckland 4th.

This means the playoffs should be

Qual 1: CD V Canterbury
    Qual 2: Northern V Auckland (Loser is Eliminated)
    ELIMINATOR: Loser Qual 1 V Winner Qual 2
    FINAL: Winner Qual 1 V Winner Eliminator

In this particular circumstance I was Canterbury and should have had a second chance but didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by dsedani View Post
      Thanks 'Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog' : You are 100% correct - in Aus league during the Big bash Aus do play international cricket - however, for most of the part the tournament all of their players are available as EVERY players just loves $$$ :-)

However, Indian league issue is a bug as without main player available there is no league at all. I am sure 'Sureshot Administrator' and team will be working on bug to fix this as this this was not the case before. Overall game is as realistic sim one can get so can't wait to play Indian league with all of the main Indian team players :-)
      I haven't played the IPL this year but that is definitely different to last years version - like you say everyone want the money so no Indian fixtures occur at all during the wale tournament

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

That's good, in a way, as that matches what we're seeing in our code with how we handle tied games.

This is crashing when you select continue from the match summary post-match?

Have you got a save from during this match (before it crashed)?
        I've just had the problem again. Is there a way I can send the file to you?

It happens directly after the 20th over (its only ever happened on T20s)

Comment

Originally posted by KiwiDan View Post

I've just had the problem again. Is there a way I can send the file to you?

It happens directly after the 20th over (its only ever happened on T20s)
          Yes please, access your saves folder from this:

Press Windows key and R at the same time on your keyboard
          "%AppData%\Childish Things\Cricket Captain 2016\Saves" Type or copy this in to the dialog box and press enter.

In this saves folder find the relevant save game (that needs to be from before the crash happens, ie, before you bowl last over in match).

I'd then advise, zipping up that save game and e-mailing it to us (file size limits on here are small), I'll PM you our e-mail address.

A save game for this that repeats for us will make it easier to fix.

Trying to repeat the issue with NZ One Day Cup too, we think it's when you finish top of the group, but not sure. Seemingly only happens to user team.

As a general notice, anyone who gets a crash, if you have a save game from before it happens, and the save repeats, we would to have that save, as we want to fix issues, needless to say.

Nigel

Comment

Im on Mac, where is the saved file kept on there?

Comment

Trying to repeat the issue with NZ One Day Cup too, we think it's when you finish top of the group, but not sure. Seemingly only happens to user team.

Nigel
              Unfortunetly I don't have a save for this as I've continued to play, but I came second, not top, just for when you are re-creating it.

Comment

Im on Mac, where is the saved file kept on there?
                It's a fairly long winded path.

Go in to the Load Game and Press Fn + F1, this will bring up the help text that has the file path in.

On the NZ OD trophy, interesting. So you came 2nd in group and lost qualifier 1?

Comment

It's a fairly long winded path.

Go in to the Load Game and Press Fn + F1, this will bring up the help text that has the file path in.

On the NZ OD trophy, interesting. So you came 2nd in group and lost qualifier 1?
                  Yes, so I should have gone to the Eliminator as the loser of qual 1.

Comment

Yes, so I should have gone to the Eliminator as the loser of qual 1.
                    Okay, just trying to work this out. There's a problem there, but it seems to work with non-user teams.

Did you find the save games on your Mac?

Should be:

You can find the CC save directory by opening the “Go” menu and then click “Go To Folder” option. Type “~/Library/Containers/uk.co.kavcom.cricketcaptain2016/Data/Library/Application Support/Cricket Captain 2016”.

Comment

I don't know if this had been mentioned before, but I could not progress to the 20/20 finals in the NZ competition. My last match was a simple equation for me: win and I go through and lose I don't qualify. However, as soon as I hit the winning runs I immediately crashed out. Thinking it was just a glitch, a replayed the match again, winning it and it crashed once again. I used the save button when I needed 20 runs to win this time but whenever I hit that run I immediately crashed. After 6-7 failed attempts, I gave up and conceded to a loss just so I could progress my career. I am on iPad air. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Giraffe744 View Post
                        I don't know if this had been mentioned before, but I could not progress to the 20/20 finals in the NZ competition. My last match was a simple equation for me: win and I go through and lose I don't qualify. However, as soon as I hit the winning runs I immediately crashed out. Thinking it was just a glitch, a replayed the match again, winning it and it crashed once again. I used the save button when I needed 20 runs to win this time but whenever I hit that run I immediately crashed. After 6-7 failed attempts, I gave up and conceded to a loss just so I could progress my career. I am on iPad air. Cheers
                        A few others have reported this, but we can't repeat (yet). If we had a save for this from before it broke we could fix quickly. I assume you no longer have that save?

1) What group position were you in before that game?
                        2) When you won, do you know what position you would have finished?
                        3) With the win, would you have finished in the play-off positions based on more points than anyone else or better NRR, etc?
                        4) Were you playing someone that was ahead of you in the table?

Comment

I can't run the game anymore since the update. When I try I get "Steam not initialized. The Steam Client must be open to play this game." I've verified my game cache and I can run other steam games so I don't think it's a steam problem...

Edit: Redownloaded it and it seems to running fine now...
                          Last edited by markkkkk; 07-19-2016, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by markkkkk View Post
                            I can't run the game anymore since the update. When I try I get "Steam not initialized. The Steam Client must be open to play this game." I've verified my game cache and I can run other steam games so I don't think it's a steam problem...

Edit: Redownloaded it and it seems to running fine now...
                            Seen this a few times, it seems to be related to either account permissions or anti-virus software.

Sometimes just restarting your machine can sort this kind of issue out, or like below it just sorts itself out.

Looking online, there seem to be many "fixes" for this. Start off with restarting machine as that's probably easiest. Mind you, with the game being such a small size, reinstalling completely shouldn't take long.

Comment

Okay, great news. We've reproduced the NZ 20 over crash bug. This will be fixed in the next patch.

Big relief, it was awkward to repeat.

Comment

Players returning from international duty generally seem to come back with almost no form.

Comment

Working...
                                X