Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Giraffe744 View Post
    I agree to pretty much everything said here. Some more ideas
    -Ability to skip through a period of time. For example, I may want to skip the first season just so I can see how my players can perform without wasting too much time and get stuck straight into recruiting on eyear later. Another example for me is that I dislike one dayers so the ability to quickly skip through that competition
    You can pick what match types you want to play when setting up your save game.

Some interesting discussions in here.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
      You can pick what match types you want to play when setting up your save game.

Some interesting discussions in here.

It would be nice to be able to change the match types in your career you want to play during the season or before the start of the next season.

Comment

Kindly revamp the players/regen generation and development!!!
        Its been sooooooooooooo similar for so long now that it is becoming quite boring (having invested 1000+ hours now in ICC games) I literally can tell every single players initial talent and how much potential they have , (having used the scout for so long I came to know that the players only improve slighly and its their initial talent which tell whether a player is good or not , i-e if he had good initial talent then he will be decent/good, I think this should be changed as it becoming so boring that I eventually found no challenge in playing the game as I already pick the player based on initial talent (through scout or 2nd team avgs) and after few season they become good to great depend upon the talent they have.
        I think initial talent should not be such important attribute instead players should develop more dynamically in order to feel that game environment is changing.

Comment

Well to follow Mr Saad on his player development idea, i think injuries could be something that hampers player development, some more long term injuries could say ruin a promising fast bowlers career so that could bring a bigger focus on a players workload.

Comment

True, it would be nice to be able to say, stop playing 20/20 and then pick it up a couple of seasons later.

Comment

I would like to see the commentary change and a return to be able to make notes on the players screen

Comment

I agree with the sentiments about the regen system - its starting to feel a little one dimensional to me as well. I would love to see a revamp of the injury system more though, and some good ideas in here about that too.

Comment

With the whole autosave and anti-cheating point, I have an interesting opinion onto the matter. First of all, it should be noted I mostly play on ios so I will be referring to that. So, I am the type of guy that if we need 3 runs to win of the last over, i will quickly save so if we dont get it we can try again. The only times I will do this if we have worked really hard all game to get this win yet we got denied by our batsmen blocking out the last over or something stupid like that. Also, if a batter I really like is in the 90's, I will do the samething in case he chokes and fails to get his 100. Shamefully, I have also "cheated" to win a game that for some damn reason I just believe I shouldn't lose, even though I have no right to win. I probably do use this little trick more than I should, however if it was removed it would definitely take away from my experience. That said, I do not play online and the only thing it is for is my own personal glory

Comment

With the whole autosave and anti-cheating point, I have an interesting opinion onto the matter. First of all, it should be noted I mostly play on ios so I will be referring to that. So, I am the type of guy that if we need 3 runs to win of the last over, i will quickly save so if we dont get it we can try again. The only times I will do this if we have worked really hard all game to get this win yet we got denied by our batsmen blocking out the last over or something stupid like that. Also, if a batter I really like is in the 90's, I will do the samething in case he chokes and fails to get his 100. Shamefully, I have also "cheated" to win a game that for some damn reason I just believe I shouldn't lose, even though I have no right to win. I probably do use this little trick more than I should, however if it was removed it would definitely take away from my experience. That said, I do not play online and the only thing it is for is my own personal glory
                    Another thing I forgot to mention above was that I do it with contracts as well. In my opinion the current contracts system is fairly rubbish and needs a massive overhaul. First off, you have absolutely no idea who are doming off contracts unless you manually scroll through each team and even that is incosistent. As someone already suggested, a list of off contract players would be very nice. Imo it also should include a larger range of overseas players and the ability to search for one of you want a specific player. Also, you should be allowed to sign free agents and overseas players/reserves whenever you want. The eligibility rules for a reserve also needs changing.

Comment

Are there any changes to add more features to the score line ? Can refer to the new ipl 8 style.

Comment

Bangladesh failed to score 2 runs off 3 balls against India in the T20 World Cup - it can happen. I find in the game that losing makes victory all the more sweet when it comes! I personally don't see the appeal of replaying matches over and over until I get a victory, but I guess some people play the game differently. Perhaps on a tablet people use it more as a casual pick up and play e.g. when on a train etc.

Comment

I'd like a more in depth player rating. Right now it's pretty bare and plain but I think it should be more then just ability and then preferences. Also I agree the regens should be looked as I think it needs a revamp. Playing as associates would be great aswell as having more domestic leagues to play in...

Comment

Originally posted by Graham_5000 View Post
                            Bangladesh failed to score 2 runs off 3 balls against India in the T20 World Cup - it can happen. I find in the game that losing makes victory all the more sweet when it comes! I personally don't see the appeal of replaying matches over and over until I get a victory, but I guess some people play the game differently. Perhaps on a tablet people use it more as a casual pick up and play e.g. when on a train etc.
                            Exactly, I barely ever would play for more than one hour at a time. I am cool with losing however I just hate when I spend 3 days and 2 sessions of tough work before getting bundled out losing 7/50 or something and end up losing. In a tough fought game or one in which I am getting smashed I have no problem whatsoever most of the time accepting the fact I lost.

Comment

I really do hope that in future games they have a situation where you and the AI (AI acts a several members of selection committee) debate on who to pick on the next tour or the 12 man side for your home games. You pretty much have the choice which maybe great for some people but I would really like a situation where you as the player get to pick 11, and the committee picks there 11 and we have a debate (similar to the new contracts for new players) to decide who is in the squad. Otherwise you could just be biased towards people you like or your home counties, or possibly other sides so your county benefits. Does anyone else like this idea or have something they would like to see which is similar?

Comment

Hi all

CC2015 is the first iteration of the game I've played and I'm really enjoying it so far. The match simulator is brilliant, producing so many different types of games and results and a level of unpredictability that really echoes the real life game. That said, and although I don't have the experience of other forum members - and there are many terrific suggestions on this thread - I'd like to give my own little bit of input about potential improvements for the next installment which we're eagerly awaiting.

1) I think player regeneration is a key issue for playing long saves and the main thing I'd love to see changed. I understand that having a new influx of made up players is important to keep the game fresh at domestic level but it seems to skew the international game very quickly and break down the sense of realism (which is the aspect that is normally the most enjoyable in management sims). For example, every international save I've had you play England in 2018 or later and there are nearly always two regen batsmen (almost always from Yorkshire) who have averaged 65 plus at county level and then are quickly racking up similar figures for England. Such players would really be once in a generation or less and it can be frustrating when other aspects of the game are so realistic. I don't think regen players should emerge as fully fledged and complete players. Better would be to make all regen players youth teamers (aged 16-19) and develop it so that improvement is much more gradual. In that way players will slowly grow into becoming international class players and the timeframe would seem more realistic. Weaker nations with more limited resources might select such players earlier but England, Australia, India and so on will probably not select them until 4-5 seasons after they have played domestic cricket. The odd freak - like Amir - might be ready to play top level cricket at 17 but this should be very rare in the game. Also if the database contained more real-life young players (at least the full squads for the U-19 WC, for instance) it would negate the need for too many regen players too quickly.

2) The setting of board or club targets and the possibility of getting sacked seems to me a very simple way to improve the longevity, realism and competitive edge of the game. It should be that every match feels meaningful but it's too easy in the game currently to lose or win without any consequences.

3) It's clear that, nowadays at least, groundsmen prepare pitches to suit home teams in international cricket as well as domestic cricket. When playing as a test nation you should have some input into what pitches you would like when playing at home.

4) Playing at home you should also be able to have knowledge of the pitch and weather conditions before you pick your 12 man team for a test match. Currently in the game, home nations are actually at a disadvantage compared to touring teams because their squad is that much smaller - this is very odd because in reality home nations benefit from the knowledge and resources of playing at home. For example, if you only have room for one spinner in your 12 player selection but then end up playing on a spinning pitch the touring team (which has 15 or 18 players to choose from) can select two spinners.

5) Pitches could be rated for speed as well as bounce and turn. Quick pitches can be great for fast bowlers on day one even when the bounce is true (like many Australian wickets) whereas a slow pitch, even with variable bounce, is easier to bat on.

6) It would be nice to have more variety in the players, especially bowlers. For example, in the game a RFM is always more likely to take wickets by swinging the ball in overcast conditions. But in reality some fast medium bowlers barely swing the ball at all and take their wickets through variations of pace, cutters and so on (Mostifizur Rahman seems to be the latest of these). The batsmen have preferences but the bowlers aren't differentiated at all. It would be good to have a sense of difference between different players (eg. likes to bowl yorkers, good death bowler, preference for bowling to lefties etc etc).

7) Training is limited at the moment and its tricky to gauge its effectiveness. Maybe just a series of coach reports would be a quick fix for this and give the players more individuality - a coach report might tell you, for example, that a batsman has improved his back foot defence but is getting old and his running between the wickets has detiorated. Or perhaps the ability to select or even view net sessions? You could then have data as to how many times a player nicked off after facing 60 balls or see what other strengths and weaknesses they had against different types of bowling.

8) Much less importantly, I don't think many umpires feel the need to raise their finger when a batsman has had his middle stump uprooted as happens in Cricket Captain!

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                                X