Desired features/changes for Cricket Captain 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog View Post
    The age old argument of whether to improve the gameplay including adding new enhancemnts .... Or adding new leagues

New gameplay for me
    Everytime for me as well, too many leagues is a bad thing.
    Nottinghamshire supporter and proud!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveK93 View Post
      Everytime for me as well, too many leagues is a bad thing.
      I personally don't know how it could be a bad thing. You may feel that there are other priorities, but it would (in my opinion) be a bit bizarre to feel that the addition of the Indian Domestic Conpetitions (for example) has made the game worse. As someone who likes to play club and country saves, I feel it has made managing India better - mainly because I now feel I get to know some of the fringe and regen players domestically (by playing against and with them) before selecting them internationally.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham_5000 View Post
        I personally don't know how it could be a bad thing. You may feel that there are other priorities, but it would (in my opinion) be a bit bizarre to feel that the addition of the Indian Domestic Conpetitions (for example) has made the game worse. As someone who likes to play club and country saves, I feel it has made managing India better - mainly because I now feel I get to know some of the fringe and regen players domestically (by playing against and with them) before selecting them internationally.
        What I typed, and what my sleep addled brain meant were different things entirely, so my apologies. I like the addition of new leagues, and the challenges they bring; I've personally enjoyed a save within India. What I was aiming for though is that I'd rather see features prioritised over leagues in most cases. There are areas the game can be worked on, and whilst people are very keen to see all these T20 competitions added, I'd rather see features - maybe something to do with increased stats.

Would love to see the South African domestic circuit in though, that could be fun.

Comment

Any plans to add Irani Cup ?

We have a strike retention option and to link aggression while batting, a mode can be added where the batsman just has to score a run(even running a bye) like you do in the last over of a t20.

Is the Auction format is going to remain same ?

Comment

What I typed, and what my sleep addled brain meant were different things entirely, so my apologies. I like the addition of new leagues, and the challenges they bring; I've personally enjoyed a save within India. What I was aiming for though is that I'd rather see features prioritised over leagues in most cases. There are areas the game can be worked on, and whilst people are very keen to see all these T20 competitions added, I'd rather see features - maybe something to do with increased stats.

Would love to see the South African domestic circuit in though, that could be fun.
            Gotcha, no worries! I also feel that whole domestic competitions rather than T20 stand-alone competitions should be added. I guess the IPL is a bit of an exception though, given its global reach and independence from the rest of the domestic setup in India.

Comment

I would like to see distinct player effect in 3d game engine , like some bowlers bowl good outswinger at 140k than it should reflect in 3d engine , similarly if bowlers specializes in cutters and bowls around 130k then it should also get reflect , for batsmen there should be a distinction b/w power player who whacks the bowl hard and some one who just purely times it. For spinner some one prefers to bowl fast ,some darts some spin it little and some spin it big.

I know I am just dreaming
              Last edited by muhammad saad; 03-30-2016, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Gotcha, no worries! I also feel that whole domestic competitions rather than T20 stand-alone competitions should be added. I guess the IPL is a bit of an exception though, given its global reach and independence from the rest of the domestic setup in India.
                Adding new leagues and competitions requires a new database of players - probably a lot more to it than that's but that it in basic terms

Adding new additional detail to the game may be more complicated - the specifics of real pitches/grounds info that was mentioned last year, variations on finances perhaps, increased squad numbers (have just seen AUS name a 16 man ODI squad).

The Devs have a hard decision (albeit one that has already been made) whether they appeal to a new audience by offering new leagues like they did with the Indian leagues last year
                .... Or they tweak and add stuff that the existing players have been requesting/demanding for the least few years.

New leagues will of course increase revenue from that specific country but I imagine not improving gameplay in areas that are crying out for an update could mean some "lifers" might not buy the game this year.

Selfishly I know what I'm hoping for but I can see both sides from the Devs PoV.

Comment

Originally posted by muhammad saad View Post
                  I would like to see distinct player effect in 3d game engine , like some bowlers bowl good outswinger at 140k than it should reflect in 3d engine , similarly if bowlers specializes in cutters and bowls around 130k then it should also get reflect , for batsmen there should be a distinction b/w power player who whacks the bowl hard and some one who just purely times it. For spinner some one prefers to bowl fast ,some darts some spin it little and some spin it big.

I know I am just dreaming
                  Worry about the 3d engine after, in the scheme of things, it isn't as important as other updates.

Comment

It is as important as any other feature because it will create an immersion of actually managing a team with specific weakness / strengths instead of just numbers

Comment

Originally posted by muhammad saad View Post
                      It is as important as any other feature because it will create an immersion of actually managing a team with specific weakness / strengths instead of just numbers
                      How? Cosmetics are all well and good, but you need the basic stats and features first. You can make something as pretty as you want, but it is nothing without substance behind it.

Comment

How? Cosmetics are all well and good, but you need the basic stats and features first. You can make something as pretty as you want, but it is nothing without substance behind it.
                        I agree totally. Cricket Captain already has better graphics than Football Manager in my opinion anyway.

I once chatted to someone about their online team (years back). He told me that he Ctrl-Alt-Deletes multiple times at the contract screen in order to get his squad "right". He said he also boosts the form of his players by Ctrl-Alt-Deleting when things aren't going his way in matches (in order to get each over "right"!). This obviously improves his team when he takes it online! It is obviously a pathetic thing to do and destroys the point of playing the game. I never go online with a team nowadays as I remember how ridiculous some of the teams were. There must be a few people who manipulated their teams in this manner, as I remember facing several unbelievable teams, with all players with 5 stars of form. I wonder whether auto-saving would be a good feature to prevent this - or even making Ctrl a shortcut for save?!
                        Last edited by Graham_5000; 04-01-2016, 04:37 PM.

Comment

I agree totally. Cricket Captain already has better graphics than Football Manager in my opinion anyway.

I once chatted to someone about their online team (years back). He told me that he Ctrl-Alt-Deletes multiple times at the contract screen in order to get his squad "right". He said he also boosts the form of his players by Ctrl-Alt-Deleting when things aren't going his way in matches (in order to get each over "right"!). This obviously improves his team when he takes it online! It is obviously a pathetic thing to do and destroys the point of playing the game. I never go online with a team nowadays as I remember how ridiculous some of the teams were. There must be a few people who manipulated their teams in this manner, as I remember facing several unbelievable teams, with all players with 5 stars of form. I wonder whether auto-saving would be a good feature to prevent this - or even making Ctrl a shortcut for save?!
                          I wouldn't say adding an anti-cheat function is a priority .... But that's just my opinion
                          They'll always find a way to do this

Never have played online and based in the complaints I see in this and other forums for multiple games I never will

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog View Post
                            I wouldn't say adding an anti-cheat function is a priority .... But that's just my opinion
                            They'll always find a way to do this

Never have played online and based in the complaints I see in this and other forums for multiple games I never will
                            Yes you're probably right!

Comment

The 3D engine and graphics of matches really doesn't matter. It's not an active part of the game, the stats are the active side of it. I personally skip through highlights. I have to admit I ctrl+alt+del at the contracts screen if the game hasn't released any half-decent players. This is mostly as I tend to play as the worst teams possible (Leics, Glamorgan, etc) so I do want to be able to bring at least one good player that I'm interested in into the team. However, I can see how this might be an issue in online play (which I personally don't do) as it can influence the quality of youth players and form of others. I would be a little sad to see the ability to do this removed, but if it would help with the integrity of online play then it might be important to explore adding a latent saving feature that means you can't save before the contracts screen then close the game, and then if it does happen on the contracts screen the game resumes in the next season, perhaps with random signings or as if you didn't enter into it. Obviously there would be issues if the game just crashes on that screen, but it does stop those trying to influence their games unfairly online? Or perhaps you can save on the screen, so that when it closes and opens it just opens to the same contracts?

Comment

I've probably mentioned this before, this thread has gotten so long I can't remember what I've suggested. But I still think a better overseas section should be implemented. I don't mind the whole "you can't have a reserve more expensive than your main overseas" - though when you've given a cheap overseas in the first year and you can't get a reserve is annoying - but that you can't have overseas from the same country is a bit naff.

Comment

Working...
                                X