Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can all Vista users experiencing the DEP issue please double check their graphics drivers are up to date. A customer has been able to fix this issue by updating their drivers.

Open Steam, click Steam from the top toolbar. Select Check for Video Driver Updates.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Child View Post
      We're hoping to release an updated version tomorrow that will help us pin down where your problem is occurring (as well as fixing lots of the other issues on the forum). Once we've got this up, we'll contact people who've emailed us with the problem and we should be able to find the cause.
      I use an Acer (Apsire 5732Z) and I've somehow managed to get it working after hours of trying. Not even sure how I fixed it, something along the lines of going to Device Manager -> Display Adaptor and choosing to manually update the driver software. My current driver was "Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)" and I changed the model to the one available before this, which was "Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Chipset Family". I can't recall whether I downloaded this off of the Acer website or not. In any case Chris, you guys need not reply to my email asking for help a couple of hours ago...

Comment

Originally posted by Alrounder80 View Post
        I use an Acer (Apsire 5732Z) and I've somehow managed to get it working after hours of trying. Not even sure how I fixed it, something along the lines of going to Device Manager -> Display Adaptor and choosing to manually update the driver software. My current driver was "Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)" and I changed the model to the one available before this, which was "Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Chipset Family". I can't recall whether I downloaded this off of the Acer website or not. In any case Chris, you guys need not reply to my email asking for help a couple of hours ago...
        This is something I mentioned to Chris and thought had been updated on the FAQ. The important bit here is your previous graphics drivers were from Microsoft. It is essential (especially if using Windows 8/8.1) that you use manufacturer specific drivers and *NEVER* use Microsoft ones. For technical minded Microsoft removed support for OpenGL above 1.1 and Cricket Captain 2014 requires OpenGL.

Comment

Three guesses why Microsoft dumped OpenGL

Comment

Have had the virtual function call issue twice in a few hours - no both mid-match

The game isn't playable so hope the new patch will rectify this and a few other issues I'm experiencing

Comment

As DVDDD has said, I'm having the same issue. The game closes and a pop-up window appears stating: Runtime error... R6025.. pure virtual function call.

Has happened twice to me so far, in the second game after every start up. Occurs when simply pressing space bar to bowl overs during a game.
              Last edited by C.Turner; 08-16-2014, 09:07 AM.

Comment

New patch doesn't help, the game still won't work at all for me.

Comment

This update does not address the crash at startup errors. The member of our team who was looking at this was ill on Friday, so we'll have another update early next week.

Comment

Ok, no worries, hope he's feeling better!

Comment

• My graphics card drivers are 100% up to date any my screen looks like this- no interface just white text on clouds - bought the game but cant play it so need a fix or a refund ASAP

Click image for larger version

Name:	cc2014.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	53336

Comment

• Hi All,

Excited about the Mac version coming out in a few weeks - but have a question for fellow users and/or administrators before I buy!

On all previous versions that I can remember, there is an obvious glitch (to me) where, when you are watching highlights of your game, for every over where this is going to be a wicket, the highlight loads slightly quickly than other overs. This makes it REALLY obvious when there is going to be a wicket and takes away the fun/suspense/surprise element of the game. This is actually a buy or not buy deal breaker for me - as I can predict, with 100% accuracy, when there is going to be a wicket - which should not be happening.

I hope I have explained this issue well, but would welcome feedback from people who have already played the latest version.

Thanks!

Comment

• 2 more crashes today

1 was thankfully when I selected save and exit and I had selected save only a minute before - feared the save would be corrupted but all ok.

Also crashed in between games.

Having to save after each hours cricket to ensure I don't lose too much of what I've just done which is less than ideal

Comment

• Originally posted by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog View Post
                            2 more crashes today

1 was thankfully when I selected save and exit and I had selected save only a minute before - feared the save would be corrupted but all ok.

Also crashed in between games.

Having to save after each hours cricket to ensure I don't lose too much of what I've just done which is less than ideal
                            Can you give me a bit more detail about your two crashes. It sounds as though one was when you exited the game. Did it crash before you got to the menu?

What happened with the other crash?

Screenshots are useful of you can get them when the game crashes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Child View Post
                              Can you give me a bit more detail about your two crashes. It sounds as though one was when you exited the game. Did it crash before you got to the menu?

What happened with the other crash?

Screenshots are useful of you can get them when the game crashes.
                              Cheers Chris

I didn't get to the main screen after selecting save and exit no.
                              Repeated it when I reloaded the save and second time round there was no issue.

The other crash was just after a training section had been completed - apologises for the vagueness but will look to get a screenshot next time this occurs.

Currently playing 2014, then occasional 2013 saves, then a 2012 save on the ipad mini this morning
                              ...... Immersed in this game

Comment

• Originally posted by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog View Post
                                Cheers Chris

I didn't get to the main screen after selecting save and exit no.
                                Repeated it when I reloaded the save and second time round there was no issue.

The other crash was just after a training section had been completed - apologises for the vagueness but will look to get a screenshot next time this occurs.

Currently playing 2014, then occasional 2013 saves, then a 2012 save on the ipad mini this morning
                                ...... Immersed in this game
                                Thanks - all helpful. Do you know if it said "pure virtual" on these crashes?

Comment

Working...
                                X