This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rock_cool2003 View Post
    Game is too laggy and slow. Use of keyboard arrow keys is not there anymore and have to use mouse instead which is a negative thing. Earlier pressing the spacebar quickly resulted in quick change in overs but here its not the case and we have to press spacebar slowly in order to play the overs which is very irritating and makes the game very very slow.
    We're working on a fix for the space-bar. You can use auto-play for faster play at the moment.

Comment

game has crashed for the third time in 30 mins during the IPL auction ..... the scroll bar works but all buttons are unresponsive

Seems to freeze at the auction nearly every time - lots of minimising of the game which sometimes works but very frustrating
      Last edited by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog; 08-10-2014, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Have you got some steps we can take to reproduce this, DVDDD?

What year are you in? Does it freeze with Budget or Offers open, after accepting offers, making offers, etc.

Comment

It's during the auction - nine of the tabs can be selected, and neither can any of the players ... Only thing that works is the scroll bar.
          Occurs just before the start of the 2nd season - so the first auction

Comment

Does this happen during the re-signing part of contracts or the new signings section?

I've got a repro for the bug you reported with regards to clicking on the scroll bar and it not going to where you clicked on the scroll bar. Can you repeat this on the scroll bars in contracts?

If so, on which window, Domestic, Overseas, Squad, Offers, Latest Signings?

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
              Does this happen during the re-signing part of contracts or the new signings section?

I've got a repro for the bug you reported with regards to clicking on the scroll bar and it not going to where you clicked on the scroll bar. Can you repeat this on the scroll bars in contracts?

If so, on which window, Domestic, Overseas, Squad, Offers, Latest Signings?
              The scroll bar is basically anywhere where there are more listing than can be fitted on a single screen
              - squad selection
              - latest signings
              - domestic players available
              - overseas players available
              - squad overview

like I said I'm not sure if this is a bug ... it could just be me hanging on too much to how things were last year

The freeze seems only to occur during the "contracts" section .. haven't seen it anywhere else

Comment

There is a delay when going between Overseas and Domestic, I can repeat this and I suppose you could call it a freeze. Is this what you are referring to?

Comment

As soon as I open the game, I get the message that Data Execution has prevented the game from starting, which means I haven't even been able to open and play the game yet.

I tried disabling Data Execution for Cricket Captian, but it wouldn't let me saying that it was required for the game to run.

Please help!!! I was really looking ford to playing this game

I have Windows Vista.

Comment

There is a delay when going between Overseas and Domestic, I can repeat this and I suppose you could call it a freeze. Is this what you are referring to?
                    No the freeze is that none of the tabs at the bottom (domestic, overseas, squad & offers) are responsive and none of the players on the screen that you are left on react when you attempt to select them (to view profile or attempt to sign).

Happened to me twice yesterday, the third time I minimised the screen, then went back and it seems to be working again
                    - did try that for the first two occurrences but had no joy.

Comment

Originally posted by boonz101 View Post
                      As soon as I open the game, I get the message that Data Execution has prevented the game from starting, which means I haven't even been able to open and play the game yet.

I tried disabling Data Execution for Cricket Captian, but it wouldn't let me saying that it was required for the game to run.

Please help!!! I was really looking ford to playing this game

I have Windows Vista.
                      Is Vista completely up to date?

Have you added the Steam.exe to the DEP exceptions list?

Comment

Should be - only got the laptop a week ago

No I haven't added the steam.exe ... is there a guide how to do that anywhere

Comment

I tried to add the Steam.exe to the exceptions list but it said that it wasn't able to, just like the actual Cricket Captain game.

As far as I know, I am up to date.

Is there possibly maybe an update to fix this issue in the future? Reading further down the thread I saw someone with a Vista with the same problem.

Honestly, I do appreciate the work you guys put in for the game. Maybe my computer is to old or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog View Post
                            Should be - only got the laptop a week ago

No I haven't added the steam.exe ... is there a guide how to do that anywhere
                            This was aimed at boonz101, we are looking at the issues you have reported.

Boonz - Can you try this:

Whilst logged in to Steam, locate this folder:
                            C:\ProgramFiles\Steam\steamapps\common\Cricket Captain 2014

In this folder will be an Application called Cricket2014. Right click on this and select properties, then click the Compatibility tab. Select Run this Program in compatibility mode for and then select XP Service Pack 3 in the drop down menu. Click Apply and Ok.

Then right click on the Cricket2014 application (here: C:\ProgramFiles\Steam\steamapps\common\Cricket Captain 2014) and select Run As Admin.

Comment

Sometimes when I am selecting squad and I use the scroll bar it wont allow me to click anywhere else. Moving my mouse up and down only moves the scroll bar

Comment

I have another bug, in the middle of a FC game and it suddenly crashed after getting a wicket, it says it is a pure error function call

Comment

Working...
                                X