Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting so annoyed with not being able to play this game now, was excited and looked forward to playing it but now nearly 2 weeks after purchase I haven't got past the first loading page. Tried all the suggested fixes to no avail, why release a game that has so many glitches and flaws?

Comment

• Originally posted by aruncc View Post
      Hi All,

Excited about the Mac version coming out in a few weeks - but have a question for fellow users and/or administrators before I buy!

On all previous versions that I can remember, there is an obvious glitch (to me) where, when you are watching highlights of your game, for every over where this is going to be a wicket, the highlight loads slightly quickly than other overs. This makes it REALLY obvious when there is going to be a wicket and takes away the fun/suspense/surprise element of the game. This is actually a buy or not buy deal breaker for me - as I can predict, with 100% accuracy, when there is going to be a wicket - which should not be happening.

I hope I have explained this issue well, but would welcome feedback from people who have already played the latest version.

Thanks!
      It's on the fix list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Child View Post
        Thanks - all helpful. Do you know if it said "pure virtual" on these crashes?
        Think the one in between games was yes - but not 100% sorry.

The save and exit one was a generic "Cricket Captain has stopped responding" .... Happened again in exactly the same scenario when trying to leave the game this evening
        It did save the game though so the error might be showing instead of the home screen if that makes sense.
        Last edited by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog; 08-17-2014, 10:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog View Post
          Think the one in between games was yes - but not 100% sorry.

The save and exit one was a generic "Cricket Captain has stopped responding" .... Happened again in exactly the same scenario when trying to leave the game this evening
          It did save the game though so the error might be showing instead of the home screen if that makes sense.
          Can you send us the saved game that went wrong. Would be great if we could get a repeatable crash on this. If you don't have it. Do you know if it was saved in a match or in the interface.

Comment

Can you send us the saved game that went wrong. Would be great if we could get a repeatable crash on this. If you don't have it. Do you know if it was saved in a match or in the interface.
            Saved in the interface

Comment

• Originally posted by jlr86 View Post
              getting so annoyed with not being able to play this game now, was excited and looked forward to playing it but now nearly 2 weeks after purchase I haven't got past the first loading page. Tried all the suggested fixes to no avail, why release a game that has so many glitches and flaws?
              We should have the logging info set up shortly so that we can sort issues like this out.

Comment

• Much appreciated Sureshot, cheers

Comment

It's on the fix list.
                  That's great. Please fix asap - Im not normally one to moan about the odd glitch here and there (and havent even posted since buying the 2010 version), but for it to be predictable in a cricket simulation game that a wicket is about to come is a pretty big fault!

Cheers,
                  Arun

Comment

• Just about to start a match lost toss and out in to bat - selected "bat" with the cursor
                    .... Initialising match

White screen ... "Cricket2014.exe has stopped working"

(A problem caused the programme to stop working correctly. Windows will close the programme and notify you if any solution is available)

Why couldn't it have crashed a day earlier before Luke Wright got injured for a month in the middle of the first run of 20/20 games

Comment

• Originally posted by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog View Post
                      Just about to start a match lost toss and out in to bat - selected "bat" with the cursor
                      .... Initialising match

White screen ... "Cricket2014.exe has stopped working"

(A problem caused the programme to stop working correctly. Windows will close the programme and notify you if any solution is available)

Why couldn't it have crashed a day earlier before Luke Wright got injured for a month in the middle of the first run of 20/20 games
                      I've had this a couple of times as well.

Comment

• I still can't get past loading the game. Every time I've got the "Cricket2014.exe has stopped working" message on a white screen.

I've tried -

1) Running as admin
                        2) Troubleshooting program and trying recommended settings
                        3) Removing Steam overlay
                        4) Running the game on Windows Service Pack 2
                        5) Verifying integrity of the game cache
                        6) Deleting local content and re-installing
                        7) Updating drivers

This problem is really frustrating me.

Any help is much appreciated
                        Last edited by Nick134; 08-19-2014, 01:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by aruncc View Post
                          On all previous versions that I can remember, there is an obvious glitch (to me) where, when you are watching highlights of your game, for every over where this is going to be a wicket, the highlight loads slightly quickly than other overs. This makes it REALLY obvious when there is going to be a wicket and takes away the fun/suspense/surprise element of the game. This is actually a buy or not buy deal breaker for me - as I can predict, with 100% accuracy, when there is going to be a wicket - which should not be happening.
                          I am really glad this is going to be fixed as I have noticed this too. It's not quite a deal breaker for me but having uncertainty on each highlight would be nice. I've been really enjoying the game so far (when I've have the chance to play!)

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Runtime Error.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	4.7 KB
ID:	53359

I get this error. I was continuing after tea on day 4 of the 1st Test between Eng v Aus in 2015.

Comment

• Each time I try to play the second game after I've opened the game it crashes with the "Cricket2014.exe has stopped working". It crashes once I select batting or bowling.

Comment

• Originally posted by bnd3 View Post
                                Each time I try to play the second game after I've opened the game it crashes with the "Cricket2014.exe has stopped working". It crashes once I select batting or bowling.
                                This .....

Comment

Working...
                                X