Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm another who can't load the game at all using Vista. I filled in the support bit on the website on Saturday but haven't received a reply.

I've tried pretty much everything in this thread but all to no avail. What do you suggest?? I'm getting quite frustrated!!

Comment

Whenever I bat as England I don't see the words - "Batting Card" on the 1st tab.

Comment

Is anybody having problems with the Highlights ? 7 times out of 10 my bowler freezers just as hes about to bowl his delivery and it just skips back to the bowling menu

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
          This was aimed at boonz101, we are looking at the issues you have reported.

Boonz - Can you try this:

Whilst logged in to Steam, locate this folder:
          C:\ProgramFiles\Steam\steamapps\common\Cricket Captain 2014

In this folder will be an Application called Cricket2014. Right click on this and select properties, then click the Compatibility tab. Select Run this Program in compatibility mode for and then select XP Service Pack 3 in the drop down menu. Click Apply and Ok.

Then right click on the Cricket2014 application (here: C:\ProgramFiles\Steam\steamapps\common\Cricket Captain 2014) and select Run As Admin.

I tried this, XP service pack 3 was not available, so I did service pack 2.

I didn't work, thanks for the help though

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
            This was aimed at boonz101, we are looking at the issues you have reported.

Boonz - Can you try this:

Whilst logged in to Steam, locate this folder:

In this folder will be an Application called Cricket2014. Right click on this and select properties, then click the Compatibility tab. Select Run this Program in compatibility mode for and then select XP Service Pack 3 in the drop down menu. Click Apply and Ok.

Then right click on the Cricket2014 application (here: C:\ProgramFiles\Steam\steamapps\common\Cricket Captain 2014) and select Run As Admin.

I tried this, XP service pack 3 was not available, so I did service pack 2.

I didn't work, thanks for the help though

Comment

Please disable the Steam overlay:

- Right click on the game in the library.
              - click properties
              - un-tick 'enable the steam overlay while in-game'

Try and run the game, if that doesn't work:

Right click on Cricket Captain 2014 in the Steam library and select properties. In Local Files click Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

Go to:

Right click on Cricket2014.exe and select Troubleshoot Compatibility. You should get 'Try recommended settings', click this and try to run.

If that doesn't work, can you go back to Troubleshoot Compatibility and run through Troubleshoot Program. This will give you various questions, can you answer these and tell me what the result is after?

Comment

tried all suggestions the troubleshooter came up with and still getting same error, still not getting a childish things folder even after verifying integrity of game cache.

Comment

In Vista, how do you get the troubleshoot compatibility option? I have a compatability tab which allows me to run the program as win XP for example but this doesn't work.

Nothing in the above list works for me.

Comment

I tried to play my second game today But not get feeling as before version

two main thing I noticed

1- Team selection(international) is now very confusing You have to do all counting manually you will never know how many batsman you have selected,how many bowlers etc ..

2- Highlight bug : In the first Attempt I noticed this

3- While playing Left pane of scorecard (ball tracker part) is now squeezed very much which looks bad and unable to see and feel as before

These things I noticed while playing second game cannot afford to play more 2014 until these thing resolve , Going back to 2013
                    After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
                    Is my Next Dream

Comment

I've emailed through the support page a number of days ago but am still without a response.

I have up to date drivers for my graphics and have disabled the steam overlay but I still can not play the game properly. I have checked my graphics driver both through the dell website and manually through windows. The text is white and the background box is not visible the all the text overlaps and is impossible to read.

I am on Vista.

Can anyone offer any possible solutions?

Comment

I've gotten an error a couple of people have mentioned before, but I'm not sure whether it's been acknowledged or not. Every now and then, often during thrilling run chases (which makes it even worse), the game crashes with a runtime error and something about a pure virtual function call.
                        The error: http://i.gyazo.com/af72d1434207ab66b6729203c85785b1.png
                        My game when it crashed: http://i.gyazo.com/d7731e0964abb2f0a69ab74a4e5d71e3.png

Comment

Originally posted by ab5ides1 View Post
                          I've gotten an error a couple of people have mentioned before, but I'm not sure whether it's been acknowledged or not. Every now and then, often during thrilling run chases (which makes it even worse), the game crashes with a runtime error and something about a pure virtual function call.
                          The error: http://i.gyazo.com/af72d1434207ab66b6729203c85785b1.png
                          My game when it crashed: http://i.gyazo.com/d7731e0964abb2f0a69ab74a4e5d71e3.png

Do you remember if you'd been looking at the score-cards of other matches when this happened? And/or were you looking at player analysis screen or score-cards in your match?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Child View Post
                            Do you remember if you'd been looking at the score-cards of other matches when this happened? And/or were you looking at player analysis screen or score-cards in your match?
                            No, it just seems to happen when I'm spacebar-ing through the overs in a game. The given screenshot was the first time it had occurred between sessions, the other couple of times it's happened have occurred just whilst in a normal passage of play.

Comment

cricket captain2014

Originally posted by fitzherh View Post
                              I've emailed through the support page a number of days ago but am still without a response.

I have up to date drivers for my graphics and have disabled the steam overlay but I still can not play the game properly. I have checked my graphics driver both through the dell website and manually through windows. The text is white and the background box is not visible the all the text overlaps and is impossible to read.

I am on Vista.

Can anyone offer any possible solutions?
                              i have the same problem, from what i have read there has been no solution to the start up. not what you want when spent good money.

Comment

We're hoping to release an updated version tomorrow that will help us pin down where your problem is occurring (as well as fixing lots of the other issues on the forum). Once we've got this up, we'll contact people who've emailed us with the problem and we should be able to find the cause.

Comment

Working...
                                X