X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alexholowczak
    replied
    Originally posted by galvatron View Post
    I also think retired hurt happens way too often. Playing a test match V Pakistan and we've both had a player retired hurt in the first innings. It doesn't happen that often at all...
    I've just had my third player go down retired hurt seven matches into a Sheffield Shield season. It never seems to happen in limited overs cricket?

My impression from "real life", without having any statistics to back this up, is that the far more common injury is that a bowler breaks down in the middle of a bowling spell and be unable to bowl for the rest of the innings/match. It might also mean he is unable to bat, but usually they manage that with reduced ability.

I remember back in the original version of this game in 1998 bowlers could break down, but it doesn't seem to happen anymore.

Edit, a few hours later: Make that four players in eight!
    Last edited by alexholowczak; 07-01-2020, 12:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rafat23
    replied
    Originally posted by Cricstarz View Post

Understand that but whilst international tours cant be changed as part of the FTP, they would never clash with the BPL or PSL in real lifeso therefore these international tours should occur both before or after the domestic league. It is important that local international players are fully available for atleast their domestic t20 league to both test their own skills but more importantly to test upcoming youngsters against them.
    I understand this is extremely difficult, but hopefully some sort of solution can be achieved
    Yeap, that is exactly my point. PSL or BPL will never clash with international matches of Pakistan and Bangladesh respectively. BPL and PSL doesn’t have any fixed window in real life. These two tournament gets reshuffled every year, 15-20 days here and there to adjust with international schedule . But I guess it’s kind of tough to do that in the game, that's why I said that they could just try to reschedule BPL or PSL so that international players can atleast play most part of the league if not the complete tournament .

Leave a comment:

• Cricstarz
    replied
    Originally posted by Rafat23 View Post

Had the same problem with BPL, asked Sureshot about it, he said they follow FTP for international tours so it can't be changed, (international tours can't be actually shuffled because it is related to the test Championship) while I agree to that but I also think domestic T20 can be shuffled a bit, like 15-20 days forward or backward. I don’t know about PSL but BPL starts maybe in mid-October or mid November (can't quite remember now) maybe it can be rescheduled to a time when Bangladeshi international players will be available, atleast for 80% of the tournament . It would be very nice if it can be done.
    Understand that but whilst international tours cant be changed as part of the FTP, they would never clash with the BPL or PSL in real lifeso therefore these international tours should occur both before or after the domestic league. It is important that local international players are fully available for atleast their domestic t20 league to both test their own skills but more importantly to test upcoming youngsters against them.
    I understand this is extremely difficult, but hopefully some sort of solution can be achieved

Leave a comment:

• Rafat23
    replied
    Originally posted by Cricstarz View Post

Could you please have a look at this Sureshot , it's really annoying that I miss most of the t20 league during my international save and this would never happen in real life.

Think this also reiterates the need of a fixture editor or arranging fixtures/series urself rather than using the current schedule in tlwhich becomes pretty repetitive and boring.

in terms of working in the game maybe at the start of the season you could get a screen saying would you like to arrange/cancel any tours and send offers to other cricket boards in the same way that you would send offers to players in t20 leagues.
    Had the same problem with BPL, asked Sureshot about it, he said they follow FTP for international tours so it can't be changed, (international tours can't be actually shuffled because it is related to the test Championship) while I agree to that but I also think domestic T20 can be shuffled a bit, like 15-20 days forward or backward. I don’t know about PSL but BPL starts maybe in mid December (can't quite remember now) maybe it can be rescheduled to a time when Bangladeshi international players will be available, atleast for 80% of the tournament . It would be very nice if it can be done.
    Last edited by Rafat23; 07-01-2020, 10:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Cricstarz
    replied
    Originally posted by Sheharyar View Post
    I am not sure if it will count as a bug but for Pakistan the premium domestic T20 league I guess only for the 1st or 2nd year into the game it gets a separate window but in future years most part of the league coincides with international commitments. There are no international commitments during that time in real life. Is it something which can be adjusted by incorporating the international commitments of the coming years around it without coinciding with the league? Thanks.
    Could you please have a look at this Sureshot , it's really annoying that I miss most of the t20 league during my international save and this would never happen in real life.

Think this also reiterates the need of a fixture editor or arranging fixtures/series urself rather than using the current schedule in tlwhich becomes pretty repetitive and boring.

in terms of working in the game maybe at the start of the season you could get a screen saying would you like to arrange/cancel any tours and send offers to other cricket boards in the same way that you would send offers to players in t20 leagues.

Leave a comment:

• Sheharyar
    replied
    I am not sure if it will count as a bug but for Pakistan the premium domestic T20 league I guess only for the 1st or 2nd year into the game it gets a separate window but in future years most part of the league coincides with international commitments. There are no international commitments during that time in real life. Is it something which can be adjusted by incorporating the international commitments of the coming years around it without coinciding with the league? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• galvatron
    replied
    When it comes to selecting an England squad. If the CPU picks one of my county players but then I take them out of the squad there training allocation is removed.

Can this be altered please? It's really annoying if I'm trying to use training on a player and it's taken away, sometimes you're away with England for months and don't get to allocate your county training.

Leave a comment:

• Jamesy1984
    replied
    I also think retired hurt happens way too often. Playing a test match V Pakistan and we've both had a player retired hurt in the first innings. It doesn't happen that often at all...
    Hoping not to jinx it but I've seen it less on this game so far... shame when it does happen the player never comes back out where as real life some do

Leave a comment:

• galvatron
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bobbyb
    replied
    Originally posted by Jamesy1984 View Post

To follow on from that I think Caught and Bowled percentage needs to drop a bit and also LBW's from round the wicket when a right handers bowls at at right hander or left v left

It's a tactic that gets used a lot on the game compared to real life, when do you really see a right handed bowler going round the wicket to a right handed batsmen
    I still think there are too many wickets that are just bowled in first class matches on the game - granted I don't have statistics to back that up but I feel like bowled is way too high and caught in the corden isn't high enough.

Especially in swinging conditions - when you're bowling well those seem to manifest themselves as more bowled or LBW than caught in the corden, where's generally in real life I'd say swinging conditions generally lead to more edges.

Leave a comment:

• Jamesy1984
    replied
    I still think there are too many wickets off no balls... I play tests and FC with wickets and chances on and there are usually two wickets from no balls in each test and FC game. This seems wholly unrealistic.

I just checked and there were only around 21 no balls in the entire England V South Africa series recently, several of the innings yielded 0 no balls.

It's just not something that happens this frequently.

Can this be looked at please?
    To follow on from that I think Caught and Bowled percentage needs to drop a bit and also LBW's from round the wicket when a right handers bowls at at right hander or left v left

It's a tactic that gets used a lot on the game compared to real life, when do you really see a right handed bowler going round the wicket to a right handed batsmen

Leave a comment:

• galvatron
    replied
    I still think there are too many wickets off no balls... I play tests and FC with wickets and chances on and there are usually two wickets from no balls in each test and FC game. This seems wholly unrealistic.

I just checked and there were only around 21 no balls in the entire England V South Africa series recently, several of the innings yielded 0 no balls.

It's just not something that happens this frequently.

Can this be looked at please?

Leave a comment:

• Rafat23
    replied
    Okay, so I have faced this bug in previous editions of Cricket captain as well. Firstly, I should mention that I am not really into newgen players when it comes to international cricket but at some point of the game you have to play newgens to your international team. Now it is kind of easy to judge them with countries that have a playable domestic cricket but problem happens with Bangladesh as only BPL is playable. So the problem is every year when newgens become available, it becomes really tough to judge them until they play Domestic FC and List A matches, but most of these newgens generated in Bangladesh save don't get domestic contract, doesn’t matter how good they play in BPL or even in national team, they just don't get domestic contract. If you ask percentage then I would say almost 50% of these newgens don’t get domestic contract, surprisingly the good ones are mostly the players who don't get Domestic contract. Playing 10-15 years in a game save, it gets annoying when this happens, I really think that this should be fixed .

Leave a comment:

• galvatron
    replied
    Originally posted by bobbyb View Post
    Not sure this is strictly a bug, but does the game consider a bowler to have an equal chance of getting a wicket regardless of which side of the wicket he is bowling from?

Only, instances where you have a left armer bowling around the wicket at a left handed bat, or right armer bowling around the wicket to a right handed bat 1) seem to happen way too often and 2) seem to result in just as likely a chance of getting a wicket.

This... should not be the case. LBW's happen way too often and (while I know the animations are what they are) some of the ways batsman get out caught/bowled in this manner clearly look odd. I feel the game should factor this into account and AI should do it less. Feels like cheating.
    I agree with this. Why I always like to have a left arm bowler in the team as it means I can get some dodgy LBWs that pitch outside of the RHB leg stump!

Leave a comment:

• bobbyb
    replied
    Not sure this is strictly a bug, but does the game consider a bowler to have an equal chance of getting a wicket regardless of which side of the wicket he is bowling from?

Only, instances where you have a left armer bowling around the wicket at a left handed bat, or right armer bowling around the wicket to a right handed bat 1) seem to happen way too often and 2) seem to result in just as likely a chance of getting a wicket.

This... should not be the case. LBW's happen way too often and (while I know the animations are what they are) some of the ways batsman get out caught/bowled in this manner clearly look odd. I feel the game should factor this into account and AI should do it less. Feels like cheating.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X