This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys, this is pretty much cut off for this weeks patch now.

Quick bit of feedback.

Vernon Philander, he's played a bit of FC for Kent (2 matches, no wickets), no List A,
    but I don't know whether to make him main overseas or not (no other overseas player), it will mean he's likely to play a lot of the season in game though. Bit awkward, either way isn't totally realistic. I'm still erring towards leaving him as 20 over player.

He's off to play in the Caribbean 20 over league, in fact going by dates he must be there now.
    Yeah, best to leave him as a T20 player.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
      Thanks for the feedback guys, this is pretty much cut off for this weeks patch now.

Quick bit of feedback.

Vernon Philander, he's played a bit of FC for Kent (2 matches, no wickets), no List A, but I don't know whether to make him main overseas or not (no other overseas player), it will mean he's likely to play a lot of the season in game though. Bit awkward, either way isn't totally realistic. I'm still erring towards leaving him as 20 over player.

He's off to play in the Caribbean 20 over league, in fact going by dates he must be there now.
      I agree, leave him as a T20. What has happened to the UK climate? VP must have been licking his lips when he was booked for the Kent gig, but barely a wicket fell in the games he played! He will be disappointed I reckon though as he is better than just keeping a nice economy rate..

Comment

This is too late for the patch I'm guessing, but why not mention it anyways... Stephen Moore of Lancashire should be a regular in all formats but isn't in game. Needs a boost.
        Also, Arron Lilley is playing T20s for Lancs and also needs a boost since in game he's not picked at all in any format.

Ross Whiteley has moved to Leicestershire from Derbyshire.
        Last edited by Alrounder80; 07-30-2013, 03:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alrounder80 View Post
          This is too late for the patch I'm guessing, but why not mention it anyways... Stephen Moore of Lancashire should be a regular in all formats but isn't in game. Needs a boost.
          Also, Arron Lilley is playing T20s for Lancs and also needs a boost since in game he's not picked at all in any format.
          Stephen Moore... such a good opening batsman, however, never really done it for us in the Championship since he joined us a few years ago. Last year he was abysmal and averaged about 17 so this year he's been dropped from that team and players like Proctor and Reece have been opening instead. However, domestically he's probably been one of the best opening OD batsmen in the country over the past few years. Always averages well with a fantastic strike rate. Maybe giving him a big OD bias to his ability could be a good solution but it's still possible he could regain his 4 day form given another chance in the side so it's a tricky one.

As for Lilley, I didn't think we'd see much of him this year but he's appeared for us in the T20s, his bowling is pretty tidy. At the start of the T20s when we played 2 spinners it was him and Parry selected over Kerrigan, though I think the main reason for that is so Kerrigan could focus purely on developing his 4 day game. His batting is also pretty useful and thats a side of the game he'll probably improve a fair bit in the next few games. He's probably a long way from the Championship side but he looks like he'll be a regular in our OD set up going forwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham_5000 View Post
            It might be worth classifying Elgar as an opener. He bats 1-4 for the Knights and opens regularly for SA A. Given that Smith and Petersen are fairly old current openers I reckon Elgar might slot in at the top of the order one day.

If he were to be reclassified as an opener he could still bat at 4 of course in the game, seeing as he also occupies this position fairly regularly. For SA he has so far been a middle order batsman only because it would be silly to tamper with the top of a working order and he was a straight swap for the injured Duminy for the tests he has played..
            Get cricket scorecard of 2nd unofficial Test, SA-A vs AUS-A, Australia A tour of South Africa and Zimbabwe 2013 at Olympia Park, Rustenburg dated July 31 - August 02, 2013.

He is opening again for SA A. Any thoughts on this?

Comment

Working...
            X