Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luke Evans of Northamptonshire is over-rated. IRL he isn't being picked by the 1st team this season, but in game he gets selected by England as early as the second season of the game when plenty of other bowlers like Woakes, Harris, Meaker, Rankin, etc. are all way ahead of him IRL.

Also as others have said, Paul Stirling is massively under-rated. IRL he's hit big scores against teams like Pakistan and Australia, while in the game he's barely even picked for Middlesex. He isn't the finished product in first-class cricket, but in limited-overs at least he is brilliant.

Comment

This isn't a database error, but it would be nice when managing SA and a county if some of the young, promising quicks were available as overseas players eg Williams, B Hendricks, Gqamane etc.

Comment

Dimitri Mascarenhas is Retiring:
        When Dimitri Mascarenhas, who has had to give up his perennial struggle with injuries and who will retire at the end of the season, made his first-class debut in 1996, it was a heady time indeed for Hampshire.

Comment

Flintoff bowling should be better in the Ashes classic series. Jones/Hoggard/Harmison are getting bulk of the wickets, and Flintoff barely bowls.
          Check out my ICC fixture editor

Comment

Apart from de Lange, all the other promising SA bowlers and batsmen seem to be overtaken by regens I've noticed. It could be because I have suggested so many nerfs! Lol. I reckon it might be worth considering boosting one or two out of Rossouw, De Kock, B Hendricks, Gqamane, L Williams, Maharaj and Savage. I can't predict exactly who will step up to the mark but I'm sure a couple of them will beat regens/newbies to the mark.

I notice this in my England and Somerset game where SA have slid to 6th. Steyn, Philander and 2 regens are the main bowlers, whilst there are 3 regens, Amla, de Villiers, Duminy and du Plessis in the top 7
            Last edited by Graham_5000; 07-25-2013, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Isura View Post
              Flintoff bowling should be better in the Ashes classic series. Jones/Hoggard/Harmison are getting bulk of the wickets, and Flintoff barely bowls.
              The tough thing with rating Flintoff is that he only ever played well in one series (ashes series at least)

In 2005 he averaged 27.79, but in the following 2 series he was at 43 and 52. Must be nearly impossible to rate him right.

Comment

It might be worth classifying Elgar as an opener. He bats 1-4 for the Knights and opens regularly for SA A. Given that Smith and Petersen are fairly old current openers I reckon Elgar might slot in at the top of the order one day.

If he were to be reclassified as an opener he could still bat at 4 of course in the game, seeing as he also occupies this position fairly regularly. For SA he has so far been a middle order batsman only because it would be silly to tamper with the top of a working order and he was a straight swap for the injured Duminy for the tests he has played..
                Last edited by Graham_5000; 07-25-2013, 02:49 PM.

Comment

PS I see in my game where I am feebly attempting to get Zimbabwe up the rankings that Levi has been selected in 2014 as a test opener? He actually has a surprisingly good FC record, but I doubt he will ever get near the test team! Possibly making Elgar an opener (seeing as he often does), will remove the likelihood of Levi replacing Smith or Petersen at the top of the order?

Thanks so much for listening to all these subjective view
                  Last edited by Graham_5000; 07-25-2013, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Chris Dent (Gloucs) is an opening batsman/part-time keeper, in fact I don't think he keeps at all now.

Chesney hughes at Derby opens in all formats now and Wes durston opens in OD/20/20, also noticed wayne madsen no longer opens in any formats.
                    Proudly supporting Nottingham Forest and Nottinghamshire CCC.

Comment

I posted these on the last one but I think I was too late.

Scott Borthwick (Durham) – Batting is underrated, batting at 3 successfully for Durham irl.
                      Callum Thorp (Durham) – Hasn’t retired from limited-overs cricket, has played a few OD games this season.
                      Alex Wyatt (Leicestershire) should be RFM.
                      Simon Katich (Lancashire) has retired from Australian FC cricket – should he be a Kolpak player?
                      The statistics of Scotland players are wrong.
                      Ateeq Javid (Warwickshire) should probably be a batsman with some bowling ability – he doesn’t bowl as much as a frontline spinner would.
                      Worcestershire are missing Tom Fell ( http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/conte...er/471210.html ).
                      Gloucestershire are missing Miles Hammond ( http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/conte...er/460079.html ).
                      Evan Gulbis (Australia) should be an all-rounder.
                      Nathan Hauritz (Australia) should have a batting average of around 25.
                      Ashish Reddy (India) should be an all-rounder.
                      Jimmy Neesham (New Zealand) should be Very Aggressive.
                      Dilshan Munaweera (Sri Lanka) should be Very Aggressive.
                      Samuel Badree (West Indies) should have an economy rate of about 3.
                      Gurinder Sandhu (New South Wales) should have a bowling average in the low 20s.

Comment

Originally posted by royzan92 View Post

Scott Borthwick (Durham) – Batting is underrated, batting at 3 successfully for Durham irl.
                        Callum Thorp (Durham) – Hasn’t retired from limited-overs cricket, has played a few OD games this season.
                        Alex Wyatt (Leicestershire) should be RFM.
                        Simon Katich (Lancashire) has retired from Australian FC cricket – should he be a Kolpak player?
                        The statistics of Scotland players are wrong.
                        Ateeq Javid (Warwickshire) should probably be a batsman with some bowling ability – he doesn’t bowl as much as a frontline spinner would.
                        Worcestershire are missing Tom Fell ( http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/conte...er/471210.html ).
                        Gloucestershire are missing Miles Hammond ( http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/conte...er/460079.html ).
                        Evan Gulbis (Australia) should be an all-rounder.
                        Nathan Hauritz (Australia) should have a batting average of around 25.
                        Ashish Reddy (India) should be an all-rounder.
                        Jimmy Neesham (New Zealand) should be Very Aggressive.
                        Dilshan Munaweera (Sri Lanka) should be Very Aggressive.
                        Samuel Badree (West Indies) should have an economy rate of about 3.
                        Gurinder Sandhu (New South Wales) should have a bowling average in the low 20s.
                        Katich is listed as Lancashire's overseas player so guess he should be the same in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by royzan92 View Post

I think he's fine as he is. He's bowled in almost all T20 matches irl and there are other 'alrounders' like Mike Yardy who don't bowl at all in game.

Comment

Jordan Silk for Tas/Aust should be an Opener in all formats!
                            And his fielding is exceptional, he's batting should be increased as he is a fringe Australia player and will be playing for Aust in the near future!
                            ===========

~I Love Lamp~

Comment

New Zealand Players
                              Brendon McCullum's batting ability needs improving, he barely gets a game after the first season in several saves.
                              Corey Anderson's batting ability should be higher, he has received a national contract, and he should have a strong leg side preference. He should be picked in the ODI and T20 teams with a view to Test in future.
                              Tom Latham's batting potential and ability should be higher, he is the next in line for a Test batting and/or keeping spot.
                              Will Young's batting potential should be higher, he will play a lot of cricket for NZ.
                              Jesse Ryder is rated too highly, he is always #3 for NZ for the first several seasons in Test and ODI when in fact he has not played international cricket (for well known reasons) for some time.
                              Agree that Kane Williamson is slightly underrated at test level.
                              Mathew Sinclair has retired.
                              Harry Boam has taken 12 months off cricket.
                              Jacob Oram has retired from FC and OD cricket.
                              Mark Gillespie's bowling is overrated, he should only be picked after all of Bracewell, Southee, Wagner, Boult, McClenaghan. Wagner is slightly underrated as he never gets selected.
                              Jimmy Neesham should have batting ability that puts him on the fringes of the national ODI and T20 side. And Aggressive.
                              Bruce Martin should at the absolute minimum be in a squad of 18 in Test cricket, so his bowling is underrated.
                              Hamish Rutherford should have a slight off side preference as he almost exclusively hits through the off side against pace bowlers, but works spinners on both sides of the ground and over mid on.
                              Dean Brownlie should have a strong back foot preference.
                              Last edited by Bomb63; 07-29-2013, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys, this is pretty much cut off for this weeks patch now.

Quick bit of feedback.

Vernon Philander, he's played a bit of FC for Kent (2 matches, no wickets), no List A, but I don't know whether to make him main overseas or not (no other overseas player), it will mean he's likely to play a lot of the season in game though. Bit awkward, either way isn't totally realistic. I'm still erring towards leaving him as 20 over player.

He's off to play in the Caribbean 20 over league, in fact going by dates he must be there now.

Comment

Working...
                                X