This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13.03 Database errors

Please make sure you are running a new save before making suggestions for database improvements, as the database fixes from patch 13.03 will only work on new save games.

Patch details

Bugs need to be reported here:
    Bug reports

--------

Database errors are:
    Wrong teams
    Player types
    Bowling types (remember, RMF is faster than RFM)
    Hair colour and styles
    Aggression rating and preferences
    Retired status
    Player abilities (Please see below)
    Player’s not being picked for teams (international or domestic)

Remember all data should be correct up until the start of 2013 season (31st March cut off). So if someone retired from One Day International in May but played an ODI in April, they shouldn’t be corrected.

As in previous years we have had to split up the Australian system. The state sides are correct for the new season, the 20 over sides are not, these aren’t being finalised until late November if I remember correctly, so we will be using the 20 over squads from 2012/13.

Player abilities
    We are always happy to review player abilities, but it is important that if you think someone isn’t rated properly that you review your opinion on this over several seasons and different save games. Please mention that you have done this as it makes it easier for us to decide if the ability needs changing.

Comparing to other player abilities is good.

On all of the points above, the more information you give and the layout makes things not only easier for us, but also easier for other people on the forum to agree/disagree with your point (though some issues may not be opinion based).

Please keep database errors and bugs separate (we may move/delete/merge ones in the wrong place), please keep database errors in this thread and don’t post them in other threads, it’s hard to keep track of a potential issue if it is stored in a story thread, etc. Please make us aware of any misplaced posts.

Just to get things started, I said before, Arul Suppiah has retired due to a recurring knee injury. But I'm not sure how you could implement this because he did play a few games this season before retiring. Anyways, he's not retired in the new patch.

Comment

RMF is faster than RFM??? Really?

I'd say that Tymal Mills should be LF

Comment

my thoughts on improvments:
        could each innings have a run rate indicator? i'd like both current and required in all innings.
        more green top wickets that seam rather than break up.
        More effect of injuries - Ryan Harris seems to never break down.
        Fielding and keeping training - I hate dropping catches

Comment

James Anderson no longer gets picked as England's number 1 bowler in match selection, has he been patched down a bit?

Comment

Alviro Petersen should be Somerset's main overseas player, with Dean Elgar the reserve. Although both have played FC and LA matches Petersen is first choice.

Comment

selection of the squad for online games is still not understandable

Comment

Originally posted by Alrounder80 View Post
                Just to get things started, I said before, Arul Suppiah has retired due to a recurring knee injury. But I'm not sure how you could implement this because he did play a few games this season before retiring. Anyways, he's not retired in the new patch.
                No way of making someone retire at x date at the moment, I'm about to put up a Feature Request sticky, so put it in there and we can have a ponder about it.

Comment

Mahela seems very poor in the game

Comment

Playing as Victoria, Brad Hodge is part of the squad even though he is retired from FC and one day games - just playing 20/20. Surely if he can't play for Victoria then he shouldn't be in their squad should he ?

Shaun Tait and Dirk Nannes are also only available for domestic and international 20/20 games ... My question is whether they are part of any of the Aussie 20/20 League squads at the start of the game ?
                    or can they be signed from the domestic players list ?

Edit - have just checked the 2012 game and Hodge only appears in the 20/20 league squad.
                    Nannes & Tait are also only in the 20/20 squads so I think the required change is simply to remove Brad Hodge from the Victoria squad.
                    Last edited by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog; 07-12-2013, 09:57 AM.

Comment

I think the database is improving all the time.

Beuran Hendricks (like Philander or Duminy) is of mixed Afrikaans and African heritage, so should have a darker skin colour in the game.

Liebisch was signed at the beginning of season one by a county in my game (can't remember which one), and is doing really well. Seeing that he has only played for his franchise once, I wouldn't expect him to be a potential signing for a foreign team. In fact, van Buuren is also often available to sign, and is quite expensive like Liebisch. Lots of up and coming SA batsmen seem to be available to sign, but never any of the young bowlers like de Lange, Hendricks, Viljoen, Maharaj, Gqamane etc, although Abbott often is to be fair.

I'll keep playing the patched game before I make more observations... Keep up the good work!

Comment

I did nerf Liebisch even more in the recent patch, hmm, maybe needs more of a tweak.

Comment

I don't know how the game selects which players to go to the IPL but, and this happened on ICC2012 as well, the now 36 year-old Ed Joyce (2015), with a pretty dreadful T20 record (I haven't had him in my Sussex T20 side), has just been selected to play in an overseas league! (My overseas player, JP Duminy, wasn't!)

This could be a database error on Joyce, it could be an error with the way IPL players are selected. As I say, it happened in ICC 2012 too, but then I just thought it was amusing!
                          Last edited by Imager36; 07-12-2013, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Imager36 View Post
                            I don't know how the game selects which players to go to the IPL but, and this happened on ICC2012 as well, the now 36 year-old Ed Joyce, with a pretty dreadful T20 record (I haven't had him in my Sussex T20 side), has just been selected to play in an overseas league! (My overseas player, JP Duminy, wasn't!)
                            I can only think he was less than $100K or even cheaper !!
                            I remeber last year I managed to get Malinga and Parnell for a combined $160K

Is he lsisted as aggressive or very aggressive ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog View Post
                              I can only think he was less than $100K or even cheaper !!
                              I remeber last year I managed to get Malinga and Parnell for a combined $160K

Is he lsisted as aggressive or very aggressive ?
                              Nah... his career T20 strike rate is 97 He's only costing me £28k! Might be cause he had a great 2015 ODI World Cup?
                              Last edited by Imager36; 07-12-2013, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X