This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imager36 View Post
    Nah... his career T20 strike rate is 97 He's only costing me £28k! Might be cause he had a great 2015 ODI World Cup?
    Well I think the cheaper/older guys in the county games are £30K or less but in the IPL that seems to equate to less than $250K ... ish

He might just be a bargain .. especially after his WC performance from what you've said

Comment

Mohmmed Irfan and Hammad Azam still hugely under-rated
      and F Zaman is way Over -rated
      Azams batting still avarages under 20 in all forms of the game.. and irfan ends up avaraging in tests 42 with the ball in one of my seasons.. in another 38.. and another 39.

Please sureshot make some changes
      Last edited by CharlesDarwini; 07-12-2013, 03:14 PM.

Comment

U have put richard haddle as Sir Richard Haddle, But why u havent put Len Hutton, Vivian richards, Don Bradman, Garfield sorbers, Frank worrall and others as Sir. Coz they also have received kinght of queen.

Can u allow us to make a world XI and Asia XI squad in 2 player Game?

Comment

Veerasammy Permaul is a SLA not OB bowler (West Indies)
          Hamilton Masakadza is a RM bowler not LS (Zimbabwe)

Comment

I reckon Bradman would be very aggressive.

Comment

Thanks for the updates so far. Just a few from me regarding youngsters in County Cricket mostly- it makes me a little sad to see how quickly fake regen players leapfrog the youngsters that start off in County squads and I can't help but think that a lot of them are set too low for potential. Specifically these names:

Craig Miles (Gloucestershire) is breaking through at the minute and averaging mid 20s while bowling fast- bump him up to RFM and improve his ability significantly- he's got a second team average of 35 on the current patch!

The Overton twins (Somerset) are very highly thought of-Craig went on the Lions tour last winter and Jamie is tipped for this winter- they're still raw fine, but they need to be developing into first team players at Somerset averaging sub 30 with the ball- Jamie is a little faster and Craig gets more bounce, if there's any way of simulating that

Mark Wood (Durham) is better than a 2nd team average in the mid 30s- he's played most first class games this year

Adam Rossington (Middlesex) is a very decent aggressive batsman and an automatic pick in limited overs formats for Middlesex- as is Paul Stirling who isn't very good in this incarnation

Oli Stone (Northants) was brilliant for England U19 and probably needs a slight bump up

Jack Shantry (Worcs) is a very fine limited overs bowler

Comment

Originally posted by Long Hop View Post

Adam Rossington (Middlesex) is a very decent aggressive batsman and an automatic pick in limited overs formats for Middlesex- as is Paul Stirling who isn't very good in this incarnation

Paul Stirling was rated almost perfectly in ICC2012, but seems to have been significantly nerfed this version. Not sure why, he's been performing even better than last year irl...

Comment

Originally posted by Alrounder80 View Post
                  Paul Stirling was rated almost perfectly in ICC2012, but seems to have been significantly nerfed this version. Not sure why, he's been performing even better than last year irl...
                  Yes, please up Stirling's ability with bat and also Ireland as a team's ability. They never seem to cause the upsets they do in real life.

Comment

On my save it says the Warwickshire won the CB40 last year and Hampshire are Runners-up but it was the otherway round

Comment

Chris Woakes' batting is freakishly good, probably better than his bowling which i would say is the wrong way round as he gets in England's one day side on his bowling ability.

Also I think Danny Briggs' bowling is something to be looked at, seems to be much worse than he should be, bearing in mind he's probably 3rd or 4th choice spinner for England.
                      Last edited by Steely123; 07-15-2013, 08:02 PM.

Comment

I think the Pakistan database might be too far leaning towards young batsmen who have yet to play test cricket. There's nothing wrong with young players making their debut in place of others, but I encountered this in the second season of the game playing as Australia, so the October 2014 series in Pakistan. First test, Pakistan give test debuts to not 1, 2, 3 or even 4 players, but 5. It is highly unrealistic that any team would do this nowadays unless it was one of the bigger teams playing against a country like Zimbabwe, but even still 5 players is a stretch.

Can something be done so such unrealistic scenarios are less likely to occur?

Comment

I think this is by far the biggest database mistake - Misbah Ul Haq has agressive batting style.

Comment

I've gone about 3 seasons into a county career and this is what I've noticed on the English Domestic Circuit:

Underrated

Chris Liddle for Sussex is very underrated. Never picked in game. He's a regular for Sussex in OD and T20 formats. Used to be average, but has learned to change up the pace and has decent pace as well.

Matthew Fisher for Yorkshire is not good at all which is fine since he's only 15, but he stays consistently bad throughout (at least in the 3rd season he's not improved). If he's already turned out for Yorkshire at this age, he's got to be a potential performer in the county scene.

Same for Will Rhodes of Yorkshire. Must I mention again how underrated basically all the youngsters are in English domestic cricket!?!

Brett D'Oliveira of Worcestershire, another extremely underrated youngster.

Matt Machan of Sussex is very underrated. Never picked in game. He's starting to become a big hitter for Sussex and is now a regular in OD and T20.

Graham Napier of Essex is severely underrated in the bowling department. Just watch how well he's bowled in the Sky games.

Chris Cooke of Glamorgan is still underrated. He's played 2 T20 games in 3 seasons in my save and nothing else, regular in OD and T20 irl.

Alex Jones and Will Owen of Glamorgan both underrated, Alex Jones (plays T20s often) more so then Will Owen (infrequently selected this season). Both never picked in game.

Nick James of Glamorgan is an alrounder. Should bowl a bit more often than he does in game.

Stephen Parry of Lancashire is very underrated in game. Never picked. Irl, he's one of the top OD and T20 spinners in the country.

Michael Lumb of Nottinghamshire is underrated in T20 games. Should be good enough to be selected for England in T20s. Alistair Cook and Jonathan Trott shouldn't be playing T20s for England (maybe that will help get Lumb and Hales get into the team.

Alex Hales of Nottinghamshire, look above.

Overton twins of Somerset, still both never picked in game. Very underrated.

Jason Roy is slightly underrated. Performs fairly poorly in OD and T20s when irl those formats are probably his forte.

Nathan Buck of Leicestershire is underrated. Although he in and out of the team irl, he's never picked in game. He should be a good young talent.

Azharullah of Northamptonshire is underrated in OD and T20s. This guy is incredible in the death and a clever bowler from what I've seen of him. I recon he could be better in game.

Matthew Spriegel of Northamptonshire is very underrated in game. Never picked. Irl, he's a good alrounder who's a regular in OD and T20s and plays occasionally in FC matches.

Zafar Ansari of Surrey is underrated. He's never picked in game. Irl, he's playing often in OD and T20 for Surrey and the odd FC match as well.

Matt Hobden is underrated. Plays for my club so maybe I'm biased, but has turned out once for Sussex in OD cricket and proved very good. He got injured though which is why he's not played any more since then but certainly one for the future.

Adam Rossington is a regular in OD and T20s for Middlesex, bit of a biffer as well. Is effectively never picked in game (with a shocking second team average of 15!) and should be listed as very aggressive or at least aggressive.

Sam Billings of Middlesex is almost never picked in game and has far too low of a second team average of 23. Should be improved as he's played often in T20s irl and is one for the future.

Mark Wood of Durham is very underrated with the ball in game. The very rare occasion he is picked in game he is hardly bowled at all. Irl, he's turning out to be a very good bowler in OD and FC cricket with a fair bit of pace (not quite performing in T20s yet).

Josh Cobb of Leicestershire is very underrated with the bat in game. He is the captain in T20s and also a regular in ODs but not quite in FCs. In game, he's never picked.

Arron Lilley of Lancashire is underrated. Never picked in game with a terrible average with the ball at 39. In irl, he's played 3 T20s so far and kept the runs down, should be a regular the rest of the season in this format at least irl.

Rich Pyrah of Yorkshire is very underrated with ball. Regular in T20s and ODs irl, very rarely picked in game and doesn't bowl at all when picked.

Steven Mullaney of Nottinghamshire is a regular in all formats (not 100% certain if so in FCs). Doesn't get picked much in game if at all. Needs an improvement with both bat and ball.

Paul Stirling of Middlesex, as others have said, is VERY underrated with the bat. Doesn't even get selected for Ireland in game (he's probably their best bat behind Ed Joyce)!

Overrated

Alex Wyatt of Leicestershire is overrated. Averages 22 and 18 in OD and T20 respectively, which is too good for my liking Irl he's mostly playing second eleven cricket with the very odd FC match and the 1 T20 match.

Rob Newton of Northamptonshire is overrated. Yes he's a good talent and is performing quite well for his county, but he shouldn't be averaging 50 regularly most seasons in game.

Rory Burns of Surrey is overrated, averages 45+ in game. That's a bit too high, averages that high on english pitches suggests he's very good which is not the case irl.

Lewis Hatchett of Sussex is slightly overrated. He's a regular for Sussex in OD and FC cricket but he hasn't/isn't doing very well this season irl.

Keith Barker of Warwickshire is very overrated with the ball in OD and T20 cricket. Irl, he's done very well with ball in FC cricket but hasn't even played a single OD match this season and has not bowled a ball the T20 matches he has played.

Jonathan Clare of Derbyshire is very very overrated with the ball. Averages 40 and 57 with the ball in OD and T20 cricket. In game, he does FAR better.

Huw Waters of Glamorgan is very overrated in OD and T20 cricket. Never gets picked in these formats irl (averaging 60 and 39 in OD and T20 respectively with the ball). IN game he even averages below 20 in both formats in some seasons but usually low 20s, too good.

Ben Harmison of Kent is too good with the ball in all formats in game. He doesn't bowl irl, in OD and T20 (unless the team is desperate) and occasionally bowls in FC matches. He is really much more of a batsmen than bowler but in game it's completely the other way around.

Luke Evans of Northamptonshire is very overrated. Not played a single game in any format this season irl, but is always picked in game and does very well.

Chris Metters of Warwickshire is, again, very overrated. Not played a game for his county in, not one, but two whole seasons irl. In game he is picked very often and is not bad either.

Liam Norwell of Gloucestershire is very overrated with the ball, so much so that he even got picked for England in 2014 in my save. Irl, he's playing quite a lot of FC cricket but no OD or T20s. In game, far far too good a bowler across all formats.

Jigar Naik of Northamptonshire is a bit too good with the ball in game. Not the best OD and T20 bowler irl but in game is very good in these formats.

Richard Jones of Worcestershire has only played one County Championship match this season irl but in game is a regular across all formats.

Also, just to mention, Tom Cooper who plays for Netherlands and South Australia doesn't have his matches for his state and for the Renegades (Aus T20 league as I'm sure you're aware of). This is similar problem to associate nation players playing 'locally' in the English domestic circuit.
                            Last edited by Alrounder80; 07-18-2013, 01:48 PM.

Comment

You mentioned Steven Mullaney of Lancashire but hes actually with Notts

Comment

Originally posted by Lanky View Post
                                You mentioned Steven Mullaney of Lancashire but hes actually with Notts
                                Sorry, I'll change it now. He moved to Lancs in my save!

Comment

Working...
                                X