NZ under GrahamB (story)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alrounder80 View Post
    See, after trying for a while you're getting better. You'll soon get the hang of t20s as well!
    No. If I can get enjoyment and success playing sports management games like Fifa Manager and Madden on the hardest modes (and with further self-imposed challenging restrictions), I really don't see why ICC2012 has to make ODs and 20/20s so difficult.
    I'm seriously thinking of resorting to easy mode to see the difference, or just forgetting about yet another version of the game. Hopefully I might get the enjoyment I'd like in easy mode.
    I don't care what anybody says regarding "getting the hang of it" in normal mode. It's just too difficult for the average user.

Comment

SOUTH AFRICA v NZ (2nd ODI 2013)

Doesn't matter what I try with batting tactics, I just can't score at a decent rate without losing cheap wickets.
      In contrast, it's amazing how often the opposing team can hit at least three fours in one over on too many occasions.

Comment

I haven't actually bought the game yet, played the trial and still mulling over whether to buy it or not but I went back to 2011 and its amazing how much more enjoyable it is. In saying that I only tried international mode on 2012, so probably need to try the domestic mode to really judge the game but I agree that it does seem really hard compared with previous versions. I have had absolutely no problem with the test format but ODIs and T20s are just so difficult that the game is not enjoyable. I am finding the same problems you are, that the other team is consistently getting totals of 280-320 and I'm struggling to get 200. I think it definitely depends which team you use though as it would naturally be a lot easier playing with Australia, England or India.

Comment

Originally posted by gunot5827 View Post
          I haven't actually bought the game yet, played the trial and still mulling over whether to buy it or not but I went back to 2011 and its amazing how much more enjoyable it is. In saying that I only tried international mode on 2012, so probably need to try the domestic mode to really judge the game but I agree that it does seem really hard compared with previous versions. I have had absolutely no problem with the test format but ODIs and T20s are just so difficult that the game is not enjoyable. I am finding the same problems you are, that the other team is consistently getting totals of 280-320 and I'm struggling to get 200. I think it definitely depends which team you use though as it would naturally be a lot easier playing with Australia, England or India.
          Thanks. The more that say something, the better chance that something might be done about it.

Comment

SOUTH AFRICA v NZ (3rd ODI 2013)

Different tactics tried - same result. In fact, in each of the ODIs, I've become progressively more aggressive with my batting tactics, but you'd never know it from the scores. Besides, if you look at how quickly my scores have been chased down, I wonder whether higher scores would have made much difference anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by GrahamB View Post
              SOUTH AFRICA v NZ (3rd ODI 2013)

Different tactics tried - same result. In fact, in each of the ODIs, I've become progressively more aggressive with my batting tactics, but you'd never know it from the scores. Besides, if you look at how quickly my scores have been chased down, I wonder whether higher scores would have made much difference anyway.

This is so unrealistic Chasing score 226 in 36.5 overs
              After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
              Is my Next Dream

Comment

Although I did not had any problems in OD and T20 when I played trial version, but I am now sure that there is some things wrong. In all three ODI you played against SA, you scored around 225 runs in each match which were chased down successfully in roughly 40 overs.
                Lot of people are complaining for the difficulty level in OD and T20s, and I things Chris should look into the issue more seriously.
                Last edited by habib; 07-10-2012, 05:48 AM.
                You can learn little from victory, but you can learn everything from defeat

Comment

Originally posted by habib View Post
                  Although I did not had any problems in OD and T20 when I played trial version, but I am now sure that there is some things wrong. In all three ODI you played against SA, you scored around 225 runs in each match which were chased down successfully in roughly 40 overs.
                  Lot of people are complaining for the difficulty level in OD and T20s, and I things Chris should look into the issue more seriously.
                  If he values his customers or potential customers, I think that he should.
                  The user's batting needs to be tweaked slightly, whereas the opposition's batting needs to be diminished slightly.
                  That way, we'll at least get some close games.

One also needs to remember that if you're playing in International mode, you don't get the opportunity to give sustained technique coaching to your players as you'd be able to do in county mode.
                  I wonder therefore whether the effect of coaching should be slightly enhanced in International mode.

I do hope that Chris reads this and that he does consider it seriously.

Comment

NZ Squad for the 20/20 Internationals in South Africa 2013

M.Guptill
                    M.Sinclair
                    D.Mitchell
                    J.Franklin
                    C.Munro
                    C.Merchant
                    T.Latham
                    D.de Boorder (wk)
                    G.Elliott
                    I.Robertson
                    K.Williamson
                    D.Vettori (captain)
                    T.Boult
                    A.Milne
                    M.Henry

Comment

• SOUTH AFRICA v NZ (1st 20/20 International 2013)

LOL - so much for new tactics! At 27/6, we risked possibly a record low score for a 20/20 International.
                      Fortunately, Vettori and De Boorder restored some respectability, but our 113/7 was never going to be enough.

Comment

• SOUTH AFRICA v NZ (2nd 20/20 International 2013)

With the pitch favouring pace, Vettori was left out and Sinclair was given the captaincy.
                        A further change of tactics saw us rack up a much more competitive 148/4, but the dangerous De Villiers smashed 51 off just 24 balls to destroy our hopes.

Comment

• Last up in what has been a hectic first season is the visit to NZ by the formidable English side.

With Ross Taylor still out injured, Dean Brownlie fills the captaincy role for the 1st Test.
                          The two playing elevens have been announced.

NZ
                          S.Murdoch
                          J.Raval
                          D.Brownlie (capt)
                          K.Williamson
                          J.Ryder
                          D.de Boorder (wk)
                          C.de Grandhomme
                          D.Tuffey
                          M.Henry
                          T.Boult
                          B.Arnel

ENGLAND
                          A.Cook
                          A.Strauss
                          K.Pietersen
                          M.Prior (wk)
                          R.Bopara
                          J.Taylor
                          B.Stokes
                          S.Broad
                          G.Swann
                          J.Anderson
                          S.Finn
                          Jeet Raval has had a superb season and gets to nod to open the batting with Murdoch, ahead of the equally in-form BJ Watling.
                          Colin de Grandhomme gets another chance in the all-rounder's role, after his fighting knock that helped save the 2nd Test against the South Africans. However, he'll need to contribute more with the ball if he's to hold his place ahead of the up and coming Harry Boam.
                          With the conditions expected to be mainly cloudy, and with the pitch already looking as it will favour the seamers, leg spinner Todd Astle is our twelfth man.
                          Our pace bowlers haven't really delivered this season, although they do have the potential to do so. We've gone with the two old heads of Tuffey and Arnel (both of whom have had a tremendous domestic season) plus the youth and vigour of Henry and Boult.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrahamB View Post
                            SOUTH AFRICA v NZ (1st 20/20 International 2013)

LOL - so much for new tactics! At 27/6, we risked possibly a record low score for a 20/20 International.
                            Fortunately, Vettori and De Boorder restored some respectability, but our 113/7 was never going to be enough.

I am very sorry my tactics didn't work for you. I am always in positions like that but I somehow always manage at least 180.

Comment

• SA is very strong team in real life to NZ

Waiting for tours of NZ Vs Bangladesh or NZ Vs Zim
                              After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
                              Is my Next Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by KGKOOLKAT777 View Post
                                I am very sorry my tactics didn't work for you. I am always in positions like that but I somehow always manage at least 180.
                                To be fair to you, I was still experimenting myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X