No announcement yet.

NZ under GrahamB (story)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a bit awkward for me, but how do you place the screenshot straight onto the post rather than having it on a thumbnail?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alrounder80 View Post
      This is a bit awkward for me, but how do you place the screenshot straight onto the post rather than having it on a thumbnail?
      You place the link to the image in between [IMG][/IMG] tags.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chasjs View Post
        You place the link to the image in between [IMG][/IMG] tags.
        Ah, I need to find an image hosting site then. Cheers

Comment

Ah, I need to find an image hosting site then. Cheers
          I recommend imageshack.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chasjs View Post
            I recommend imageshack.
            Yes - that's the one that I use.

Comment

• I've been playing on, experimenting as I go. I'll try to post some screenshots later.
              Once the next patch comes out though, I might start afresh. Not sure yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrahamB View Post
                I've been playing on, experimenting as I go. I'll try to post some screenshots later.
                NO! I've grown too attached to your New Zealand side

Comment

• Originally posted by GrahamB View Post
                  I've been playing on, experimenting as I go. I'll try to post some screenshots later.
                  Starting fresh is not a good idea Continue this only after patch

Leave The history behind
                  After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
                  Is my Next Dream

Comment

NO! I've grown too attached to your New Zealand side
                    Okay.

Comment

• NZ v ENGLAND (1st Test 2013)

Batting first we were put to the sword by a fired up Anderson. Initially things looked good with an opening stand of 65, but then three quick wickets fell to put us on the back foot.
                      Dean Brownlie and Jesse Ryder took us through to 145/3, but then the wheels fell off again, with only Colin de Grandhomme offering any real resistance.
                      Anderson finished with a superb 6/46, almost singlehandedly destroying us.

Strauss and Cook set the tone for the English reply, with a century opening stand.
                      Strauss' magnificent innings of 168 was accompanied by half centuries to Cook, Prior, Taylor and Broad as the visitors took control with a daunting 501/6 declared.

The home fans were hoping for a spirited fightback by the NZ lads in their second turn at bat, but they were to be sadly disappointed.
                      Anderson carried on from where he'd left off, but this time it was Broad with an inspired spell that put the icing on the cake for the English.
                      Only keeper, Derek de Boorder, was able to get himself established, but he ran out of support as our tail showed their fickle nature.

A big loss and a sobering dose of reality after some good overseas performances.

Comment

• NZ v ENGLAND (2nd Test 2013)

Disappointed by our bowling efforts in particular, the selectors wielded the axe in selecting the team for the all important second test.
                        Fit again Ross Taylor returned to the side at the expense of all-rounder Colin de Grandhomme, who looked rather toothless with the ball in the first test.
                        With the pitch expected to take some turn later on, Todd Astle came back into the side as well. Brent Arnel and Trent Boult were dropped as Mark Gillespie was given the task of supoorting Matt Henry and Daryl Tuffey in a three pronged pace attack.

We batted first again.
                        After the early loss of Stephen Murdoch, Jeet Raval showed why the selectors kept faith in him, as he and Brownlie put together a century stand for the second wicket.
                        Unfortunately, both then fell in quick succession, leaving Taylor and the remaining batsmen with the responsibility of rebuilding the innings.
                        Taylor and De Boorder established themselves at the crease, but were unable to go on to much needed bigger scores.
                        The tail again crumbled and our final total of 286 was a lot less than what we'd hoped for.
                        Anderson and Broad were again the pick of the English bowlers.

Andrew Strauss also carried on from where he'd left off in the first test, with another big hundred.
                        At first, we were keeping ourselves in the contest with Henry and Gillespie taking wickets at the other end to have England at 188/4.
                        However, James Taylor marched to the wicket and proceeded to plunder our bowling with a sustained period of aggression that brought him a very quick century.
                        Strauss selflessly declared at 504/5, when he was closing in on a double century.
                        Todd Astle has had a blessed start to his test career, but was brought back down to earth here, bowling 36 overs without reward.

Stephen Murdoch really is having a poor series, but after his early dismissal again, Raval and Brownlie gave our supporters hope as they took us to 196/1.
                        Then we were stunned as we lost four wickets in quick succession before stumps on the third day, to leave us teetering at 196/4!
                        Williamson, Ryder and De Boorder all showed good grit and determination to 358/6, but our tail let us down horribly again and we lost our lost four wickets for only 25 further runs.
                        It was Stephen Finn's turn to shine this time with a five wicket haul, but Ben Stokes proved to be a useful partnership breaker.

England required an awkward 167 runs to take the match and the series, but Strauss and Cook made it a no contest, as they knocked the runs off themselves.
                        Strauss has now scored 424 runs in three visits to the middle, only being dismissed once!

Comment

• NZ v ENGLAND (3rd Test 2013)

One change to the English side, with Trott coming in for Bopara.

Two changes to the NZ side with Boult and Arnel replacing Gillespie and Tuffey. We just can't get our bowling right against this formidable English team.

We batted first again and with Raval, Brownlie and Ryder all showing great support for young Kane Williamson, we looked like we might be turning the corner at 305/4.
                          However, upon Ryder's dismissal, we again collapsed, losing our last six wickets for 81 runs.
                          A score of 385 was good, but could have been oh so much better.
                          Finn again proved a handful with his pace, taking 5/105.

We finally snared Strauss cheaply, but with five English batsmen going past 50 (including Broad hammering 75 no), the visitors racked up a lead of over 100 before ending at 497 all out.
                          Matt Henry showed his class with 6/140, but there was little else to cheer about.

The English bowlers came out pumped and our top order just couldn't cope.
                          Anderson ripped out three batsmen and Finn two and we were in dire straits at 81/5, in danger of utter humiliation!
                          Ryder and De Boorder put together a century stand, but once they were gone, it was all over Rover.
                          All out for 235, leaving the visitors a paltry 124 runs to chase down for a series whitewash.

Comment

• NZ v ENGLAND (1st ODI 2013)

Bloody Cook and Trott!

Comment

• NZ v ENGLAND (2nd ODI 2013)

Hadn't hit upon my new bowling tactics at this stage, otherwise I reckon I'd have taken this one.

Comment

• NZ v ENGLAND (3rd ODI 2013)

New bowling tactics for the first time, but our batting let us down. Still working on that!

Comment

Working...
                                X