• Show
Clear All

I meant the road you were playing on.

Comment

Originally posted by Imager36 View Post
      I meant the road you were playing on.
      Ahh. Gotcha!

Comment

I recommend giving Guptill and Franklin if some of your guys don't perform!

Comment

Originally posted by Alrounder80 View Post
          I recommend giving Guptill and Franklin if some of your guys don't perform!
          I've tried Franklin in tests. He's okay, but nothing special.
          Haven't tried Guptill in tests and unlikely to need to. However, he's done well for me in the shorter forms of the game.

Comment

In Srilanka Pitches are batsman friendly Can look the recent Pak-Srilanka Match
            After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
            Is my Next Dream

Comment

SRI LANKA v NZ (2nd Test 2012)

The changes to our playing eleven were mentioned in my previous post.

The Sri Lankans made one change. Spinner Herath had been felled by a nasty Southee bouncer in the 1st Test and x-rays revealed a fracture to his arm. His spot has been taken by fellow spinner Randiv.

SRI LANKA
              T.Piranavitana
              T.Dilshan
              A.Mathews
              K.Sangakkara
              T.Samaraweera
              M.Jayawardene
              D.Chandimal (wk)
              K.Kulasekara
              S.Randiv
              T.Thushara
              C.Welagedara

NZ
              S.Murdoch
              B.Watlin (wk)
              D.Brownlie
              K.Williamson
              R.Taylor (capt)
              J.Ryder
              T.Astle
              M.Henry
              T.Southee
              T.Boult
              J.Walker
              Our gamble to go in with one batsman less paid off, largely thanks to a third wicket stand of 337 between Murdoch and Williamson.
              The home side replied with a similarly impressive score. Their batsmen were more consistent though, with all getting starts. Our spin duo of Astle and Walker took eight wickets between them, the former claiming a five wicket haul upon debut.
              With too little time left to get a result, our batsmen got in some valuable practice on a sharply turning pitch, before we declared with one session to go.

And so the test series was drawn.

Comment

Originally posted by GrahamB View Post
                SRI LANKA v NZ (2nd Test 2012)
                Our spin duo of Astle and Walker took eight wickets between them, the former claiming a five wicket haul upon debut.
                Astle looks to be a good find but we will see how much consistent he could be.
                You probably used your spinners much more than your seamers. How many overs did they bowl.Looks like they gave away roughly 325 runs for those 8 wickets which is not bad comparing 200/2 by seamers.
                You can learn little from victory, but you can learn everything from defeat

Comment

Originally posted by habib View Post
                  Astle looks to be a good find but we will see how much consistent he could be.
                  You probably used your spinners much more than your seamers. How many overs did they bowl.Looks like they gave away roughly 325 runs for those 8 wickets which is not bad comparing 200/2 by seamers.
                  Astle was quite expensive though. I'm more impressed with 20 year old Joe Walker. I'll be taking Walker on future tours, giving him as much technique training as possible. Hopefully it will be time well spent.
                  Another young bowler worth investing some time in could be 20 year old fast bowler Adam Milne.
                  Last edited by GrahamB; 07-06-2012, 08:21 AM.

Comment

NZ ODI Squad in Sri Lanka (2012)

M.Guptill
                    R.Nicol
                    M.Sinclair (wk)
                    T.Latham (wk)
                    C.Munro
                    K.Williamson
                    R.Taylor (capt)
                    D.Brownlie
                    J.Franklin
                    J.Oram
                    M.Henry
                    T.Boult
                    A.Milne
                    J.Walker
                    J.Boult
                    Jono Boult is a 26 year old offspinner who has an impressive record in One-Dayers.
                    Last edited by GrahamB; 07-06-2012, 09:07 AM.

Comment

SINGHA v NZ (One-Dayer 2012)

All of bowlers put in good spells as we restricted Singha to under 200.
                      Then Guptill and Sinclair pretty much took us to victory on their own.
                      Can't say I was all that impressed with Latham's wicketkeeping though.

Comment

SRI LANKA v NZ (1st ODI 2012)

SRI LANKA
                        M.Jayawardene
                        D.Karunaratne
                        A.Mathews
                        K.Sangakkara
                        D.Chandimal (wk)
                        T.Samaraweera
                        S.Eranga
                        K.Kulesekara
                        S.Senanayake
                        T.Thushara
                        S.Prasanna

NZ
                        M.Guptill
                        M.Sinclair (wk)
                        C.Munro
                        T.Latham
                        K.Williamson
                        R.Taylor (capt)
                        J.Franklin
                        A.Milne
                        M.Henry
                        T.Boult
                        J.Boult
                        Disaster when the first wicket fell, as four wickets fell for two runs to leave us reeling.
                        Guptill and Taylor were beginning to rescue matters with a fine partnership, before Guptill was sawn off by a poor LBW decision.
                        We endeavoured to build a competitive total, but kept losing wickets to be all out in the 42nd over.

The Sri Lankans found life tough too when they went into bat. Our bowlers took wickets regularly, but we unfortunately didn't have enough runs on the board.

Comment

Can you Also add MOM

Session team Result , highest Run scorer and wkt taker As well as Award in the end of Final session

This will make story more interesting
                          After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
                          Is my Next Dream

Comment

Originally posted by cricfan1 View Post
                            Can you Also add MOM

Session team Result , highest Run scorer and wkt taker As well as Award in the end of Final session

This will make story more interesting
                            To be honest, I'm waiting until all the patches have been finished. Then I'll probably restart.

But yes - I could certainly make the story more interesting. It's just that playing the actual game is addictive and time consuming (I play with all runs and wickets highlights shown).

Comment

Originally posted by GrahamB View Post
                              It's just that playing the actual game is addictive and time consuming (I play with all runs and wickets highlights shown).
                              All runs did you say!?!?! That must take a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Alrounder80 View Post
                                All runs did you say!?!?! That must take a long time.
                                I enjoy it that way. Once upon a time, I used to watch every ball.

Comment

Working...
                                X