Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Left-arm wrist-spin is not leg-spin. Obviously it turns the opposite way - if anything it is offspin. To classify it as 'LS' in the game is a deliberate mistake. Legspin and 'SLA' (ie. left-arm finger-spin aka 'left arm orthodox') have their own field settings, although their stock balls turn the same way. What is preventing them from introducing a new bowler class (eg. LWS, LC?), and adding one more fields subfolder. Failing that, chinaman bowlers should use offspinners' fields, not legspinners' or left-arm finger-spinners'.

It seems a little bit ostrich-like when bugs like these are not fixed from year to year. I can take it when my dream enhancements don't make it into the new version each time. But it does frustrate me that reported bugs like this one get ignored.

Comment

Originally posted by 6ry4nj View Post
      Left-arm wrist-spin is not leg-spin. Obviously it turns the opposite way - if anything it is offspin. To classify it as 'LS' in the game is a deliberate mistake. Legspin and 'SLA' (ie. left-arm finger-spin aka 'left arm orthodox') have their own field settings, although their stock balls turn the same way. What is preventing them from introducing a new bowler class (eg. LWS, LC?), and adding one more fields subfolder. Failing that, chinaman bowlers should use offspinners' fields, not legspinners' or left-arm finger-spinners'.

It seems a little bit ostrich-like when bugs like these are not fixed from year to year. I can take it when my dream enhancements don't make it into the new version each time. But it does frustrate me that reported bugs like this one get ignored.
      It seems like it should be relatively easy to fix, too - if the bowler has the LWS or LC designation, just allocate the same field placements as the off-spinner (until they set specific fields for this type of bowler)...
      World Serious Cricket

Comment

Another way of calling left arm "wrist spinners" is Slow Left Arm Unorthodox, so calling them SLA like the Slow Left Arm Orthodox "finger spinners" could be an idea.

Alternatively you could re-abbreviate left-arm fingerspinners as SLO (Slow Left arm Orthodox) and then you can have SLU (Slow Left arm Unorthodox).

But everyone is so used to the SLA abbreviation and there are so few unorthodox bowlers around these days. Of the top of my head, I can only think of one: Simon Katich of Australia, and he mainly bowls chinaman deliveries which turn the same way as Orthodox balls. Therefore it's probably better to label both as simply SLA.

That's my opinion anyway.
        My collection: ICC 2005 || ICC 2009 || ICC 2011 || ICC 2012

Comment

Originally posted by 6ry4nj View Post
          Failing that, chinaman bowlers should use offspinners' fields, not legspinners' or left-arm finger-spinners'
          They should use reversed leg spinners fields. As they do in game, not sure how you can call this a bug.

Comment

Originally posted by Themer View Post
            They should use reversed leg spinners fields. As they do in game, not sure how you can call this a bug.
            You're saying that in the case of left-arm LSs, the field reverses based on the handedness of the bowler? I agree that would not be a bug, and I don't play as Australia very often so I can't comment. I do remain sceptical however, as that would be the only case in which an auto 'handedness adjustment' of the field was due to the handedness of the bowler, rather than the batsman as per normal.

Comment

Working...
            X