X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarksNotts View Post
    Great work on the update Nige, Just being picky now
    Mainly AI selection issues. NOTTS - the AI seems to select Opener Duckett as the wicket keeper, thus not selecting our IRL 1st choice gloveman Tom Moores.
    NORTHANTS - Luke Proctor hasn't opened since being at Northants he bats at 7 or 8. Vasconcelos has opened this season with either Newton or Curran.
    LEICS - The AI selects IRL reserve wicket keeper Harry Swindells as opener, Ateeq Javid has opened with Horton in every 1st Class match this season, Lewis Hill is 1st choice Keeper. Also Hasan Azad is not an overseas player, he was signed from Loughborough Uni and was previously at the Notts Academy, also he is not an opener, he has batted at 3 in every FC game this season.
    If memory serves, Luke Procter did open for Northants a couple of times last season, but that was perhaps in an emergency because there wasn't anyone else (it was before Ben Curran had been signed I think). I also seem to remember quite a big thing being made over Ben Duckett "having" to keep for one match last year (I forget which), suggesting that he is a bit rusty in any case and could potentially be switched to a keeper-batsman - if only to solve the Tom Moores problem. Just two thoughts, though - nitpicking is indeed the word...

Some subtle tweaks to try and get the AI to pick Moores. Don't really want to change Duckett to a part-time keeper, as then Notts only have 1 full-time keeper, and Duckett would probably un-rust his skills if Moores got injured for a few months.
    Last edited by Sureshot; 06-04-2019, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by biggy09 View Post

Any word on this? Or is it more of a bug, should I go to that thread?
      Bugs would be more appropriate, Chris is investigating this in conjunction with the possibility of adding rain-affected OD games, which he's done backroom legwork on, which will hopefully allow addition of in a few weeks time.

Comment

Kent:
        Zak Crawley is an opener in first class and he should maybe also be aggressive batsman.

Changed to an opener, for now, don't agree with a change to aggressive. Some quicker innings lately, but not quite enough of a sample size

Joe Denly bats at number 3 and not opener in FC for some time now.

Changed.

Rouse is picked over Ollie Robinson as wicket keeper in all formats even though Robinson has been Billings understudy with 2 first class centuries this year. Robinson should also be average aggression and should also be picked over Alex Blake in FC when he doesn't have the gloves.

Changed Robinson to average and significantly improved his batting.

Matt Milnes is never picked even though he is Kent's leading wicket taker this year.

Improved Milnes.

Kuhn has never opened for Kent and usually bats at 4 or 5 now.

Changed

Bell-Drummond hasn't opened in FC since mid point on last season. Not sure if he should be made middle order or not. He does seem to bowl more now in FC and LA games, but don't think he is an alrounder.

Hmm, dropped DBD to OD/20 over opener.
        Last edited by Sureshot; 06-04-2019, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Fabian Allen of West Indies is shown as a batsmen and doesn't bowl any overs in-game. Irl he is a bowling all-rounder who bowls at least some overs every game and bats 7/8. Converted to an all-rounder.

Mosaddek Hossain of Bangladesh should be classed as an all-rounder instead of a batsman and should bowl more often in-game. Irl he has bowled in every international game he has played with the exception of one game.
          That's a fair call, have changed.

Kevin O'Brien of Ireland should be classed as an all-rounder instead of a batsman. 113 wickets in ODIs and 58 in T20Is, and currently doesn't get a bowl at all in-game.

He doesn't bowl much any more, 14 20 over internationals last year, 11 overs bowled.

Paul Stirling of Ireland should be classed as an all-rounder instead of a batsman. He bowls often enough here and there to be considered as such (has over 200 wickets across all formats).

About 150, again, doesn't bowl much any more.

Gulbanin Naib should be a RFM as opposed to RM. he bowls 80mph+ irl.

I've been watching him in the World Cup and he's mid 70s, at best.
          Last edited by Sureshot; 06-04-2019, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Just looking at Somerset, in terms of roles etc, I think you guys are pretty close. I would probably just say that Lammonby should maybe be an all-rounder. He's more of a batting all-rounder for sure, but he's not too dissimilar to Ben Green ability wise (batsman and occasional bowler) just without being an opener.

Changed Lammoby to AR.

I haven't played enough to comment on ability in the game, but as someone else mentioned, Banton has had a break out season in One Day cricket and Bartlett is doing similar in First Class cricket, with a couple of tons to his name and some decent smaller knocks in One Day cricket to back up his ability. This might already be reflected in the game though, so if so, ignore me!

Improved Bartlett a bit, Banton already improved from earlier feedback.
            Last edited by Sureshot; 06-04-2019, 12:57 PM.

Comment

So in the New Zealand system there are a bunch of South African players who are only playing here for one reason - to play international cricket (the pay is not that good!)

So could we have them all changed to NZ nationality? I see you have already done it with D.Foxcroft. The others are (with media links to verify their quest for eligibility)
              W.Ludick
              M.Nofal
              D.Conway

All changed, thanks.
              Last edited by Sureshot; 06-04-2019, 01:01 PM.
              YouTube
              Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by DanSH119 View Post
                Albeit with my Kent-tinted glasses on, Zac Crawley and Ollie Robinson seem a bit underrated with the bat. Crawley especially.
                No tinting, I think you're right, both improved.

Comment

Originally posted by bryce87 View Post
                  With the new patch here is the AI's squad for Bangladesh's first post world cup test match
                  Click image for larger version Name:	bang.JPG Views:	0 Size:	85.3 KB ID:	66069
                  Some key omissions there with Shakib, the world's leading allrounder being the most notable. He should be making it as a batsman or bowler alone!
                  Mahmudullah and Mominul Haque also should definitely be in there.

EDIT: Also Pujara is opening in test matches, so better change him to FC#3
                  Changed Pujara to a 20 over opener only.

I've made some AI tweaks to the Bangladesh team and improved Mahmudullah. Shakib and Haque were getting picked in a 13-man squad when I checked this. Were they injured/unavailable?

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post

Changed Pujara to a 20 over opener only.

I've made some AI tweaks to the Bangladesh team and improved Mahmudullah. Shakib and Haque were getting picked in a 13-man squad when I checked this. Were they injured/unavailable?
                    No they were not injured.

For the November tour of India, Shakib made the 18 man test match squad but Mahmudullah did not. Shakib was left out of the XI though so did not even play a test.

Both of them are playing limited overs though. Shakib's case probably has something to do with the AI not liking balanced allrounders in test matches. Taijul is getting picked to partner Mehedi when Shakib should be picked as a frontline spinner, as well as batting in the top six.
                    YouTube
                    Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by bryce87 View Post
                      No they were not injured.

For the November tour of India, Shakib made the 18 man test match squad but Mahmudullah did not. Shakib was left out of the XI though so did not even play a test.

Both of them are playing limited overs though. Shakib's case probably has something to do with the AI not liking balanced allrounders in test matches. Taijul is getting picked to partner Mehedi when Shakib should be picked as a frontline spinner, as well as batting in the top six.
                      Hmm, Shakib made my 13 man Test squad. Anyway, rather moot, as I just wanted to check on the injury bit. I've made adjustments for the AI to pick those guys.
                      Last edited by Sureshot; 06-04-2019, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Please do something about Virat Kohli, I've been playing for a year now, and he's terrible... No ODI centuries over 30 odd matches... Using exactly the same aggression as Rohit, Dhawan and while they've scored over 10 centuries in the same number of matches with averages over 70, Kohli has 6-7 fifties with an average of 30 in the same time!

Comment

Originally posted by ruby23 View Post
                          Please do something about Virat Kohli, I've been playing for a year now, and he's terrible... No ODI centuries over 30 odd matches... Using exactly the same aggression as Rohit, Dhawan and while they've scored over 10 centuries in the same number of matches with averages over 70, Kohli has 6-7 fifties with an average of 30 in the same time!
                          In the top 3 best batsmen in the world, in the top 3 best batsmen in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by steelback View Post
                            Some subtle tweaks to try and get the AI to pick Moores. Don't really want to change Duckett to a part-time keeper, as then Notts only have 1 full-time keeper, and Duckett would probably un-rust his skills if Moores got injured for a few months.[/B]
                            Yes I agree with that Nige, Duckett has kept this season for an innings when Moores got a knock.
                            Proudly supporting Nottingham Forest and Nottinghamshire CCC.

Comment

Appreciate you guys regularly looking at the this thread to tweak players as well as being proactive in who you end up deciding to change!

Patrick Brown of Worcestershire is perhaps a bit overrated, as he gets selected for England in Test matches quite soon by the AI and does very well. Irl he is definitely a talent, but not been selected for England Lions even yet, let alone being considered for England. He's also currently only getting selected for limited over formats irl. The likes of James Porter, Lewis Gregory, Olly Stone, Saqib Mahmood, etc are guys that could more realistically get picked for England in the near future (all either represented England Lions or actually already played for England as is the case for Olly Stone).

Fair point, he was brilliant in the 20 Over comp last season, but he's probably a bit too good at the moment. Slightly nerfed.

Australia:

D'arcy Short is a T20I regular for Australia irl but doesn't really get picked in-game by the AI for this format. He's also on the fringes of the ODI side but that isn't reflected in-game>

Marcus Stoinis is another one who frequently gets selected for the limited over formats irl but in-game is almost never picked.

Tweaked the ODI team.

Tim Paine is the current Australian captain irl but almost never gets selected for the test side by the AI.

Tweaked.

Marcus Harris doesn't get selected at all in-game tests but is the current test opener irl.

Kurtis Patterson doesn't get selected at all in-game in tests but recently scores a century for Australia so should be better/selected more in-game.

Shaun Marsh gets selected occasionally by the AI in tests but irl he will probably never be selected again due to several failures, old age and youngsters like Kurtis Patterson and some others performing in his place.

Made some improvements to the Test side, this has been a bit distorted in the last year with Warner/Smith ban.

India:

Umesh Yadav probably deserves to be closer to test selection than he currently is in-game. Gets selected every now and then irl but isn't ever selected in-game.

Mohammad Shami is a test regular but in-game is never selected in tests. People like Jaydev Unadkat, Shardul Thakur and Deendyal Upadhyay are getting selected ahead of him.

Made some tweaks to the Indian test bowlers.

Yuvendra Chahal is a very consistent performer for India in limited over formats irl, and gets selected whenever Ravindra Jadeja/Kuldeep Yadav doesn't. In-game he almost never gets selected and players like Abrar Kaziz and Washington Sundar get picked ahead of him.

Made changes.

Vijay Shankar also almost never gets picked for India in-game, and on the one game he did get picked in one of my saves, he didn't bowl (which he tends to do when picked irl). Irl he is seen as a talented all-rounder and is on the fringes of the limited over sides.

Looking at his records, he's very much on the fringes, hmm, not sure I can change him much.

Kedar Jadhav seems to be underrated in-game. He performs very poorly when selected by the AI whereas irl he is a very consistent performer (averages in the 40s) when selected. Another one on the fringes who gets selected fairly frequently. He also doesn't bowl at all in-game, but irl he's almost become an all-rounder, having bowled in 21 out of the last 27 games he's played (in the games he didn't bowl, either India were bowled out very cheaply or the opposition were).

Have removed his pt keeper status. His batting rating is fine.

Dinesh Karthik should be closer to limited over selection in-game, considering he played a couple of the WC warm-up matches and played 12 ODIs and 19 T20Is in 2018-19 irl. Currently doesn't get selected at all in-game.

Very much at the end of his career though, Pant is all set to be the next keeper long term in all forms, isn't he?

Ambati Rayudu should also be much closer to limited over selection in-game. He averages 47 in ODIs irl and was incredibly unlucky to be not be selected ahead of Vijay Shankar. He will certainly be close to selection after the WC irl. Currently never gets picked in-game.

Khaleel Ahmed is a very talented youngster who has played 17 games between ODIs and T20s in 2018-19. In-game he never gets selected (so far in the couple of seasons I've played in my saves) in-game.

Tweaked his AI

New Zealand:

BJ Watling is an irl test regular but never gets selected in-game for this format. This may be due to the AI seeing Tom Latham as a full-time keeper so not seeing the need to pick another player who is picked as a keeper?

Have tweaked.

Blair Tickner should be closer to New Zealand selection in at least T20Is. He played a game recently for them and performed decently and rattled some batsmen.

He's only played one international match.

South Africa:

Rassie Van Der Dussen has started internation cricket with a bang and has become a regular in ODIs and T20Is, averaging 70 in ODIs and in the 30s in T20Is. In-game gets selected infrequently in tests, but never in limited over formats.

Have changed to a middle order batsman, and tweaked his AI for ODIs.

Dean Elgar is the first choice test opener irl but almost never gets selected in-game.

Elgar getting picked for me, but have made some tweaks to ensure AI picks him.

West Indies:

Alzari Joseph is a very talented fast bowler that's been selected in tests and ODIs quite a few times and performed very decently. In-game he never gets selected.

Tweaked

Oshane Thomas never gets selected in-game. Irl he is a talented player who just recently destroyed the Pakistan line-up in the WC game. He isn't a shoo-in for selected in every limited overs game, but is certainly competing with a few other seamers for regular selection.

Tweaked

Bangladesh:

Khaled Ahmed should be classed as an RMF as opposed to RM. He bowled 85mph+ in the tests he played recently. He is also never selected in-game and should be closer to selection than he currently is in-game.

Improved and tweaked.

Edabat Hossain is another who played a couple of tests recently and never gets selected in-game.

Slightly tweaked, again, not played much, and not done well really in those he has played.

Rubel Hossain is always near ODI selection irl having played 97 ODIs so far, but in-game is never selected.

Tweaked

Mahmadullah is very underrated in-game. Irl he a regular for Bangladesh and is consider one of the big four batsmen of Bangladesh (Mushfiqur, Tamin and Shakib being the other 3). In-game he gets dropped from the limited over formats fairly quickly and doesn't even get selected in tests. He should be a regular in every format.

Tweaked

Ireland:

Tim Murtagh in-game very rarely gets selected. Irl he is perhaps Ireland's best bowler and a regular in ODIs and Tests.

Getting picked for me and his ability is fine.

Afghanistan:

Rahmat Shah is fairly underrated. He is one of Afghan's best performers with the bat and should be a regular in Tests and ODIs. In-game he isn't picked often enough at all (picked in less than 50% of games).

Improved and tweaked

Mohammad Nabi doesn't bowl enough at all in tests in-game. Irl he is one of Afghan's main bowlers. He also gets dropped a few times in tests, when irl he will never get dropped in any formats.

Tweaked
                              Last edited by Sureshot; 06-05-2019, 11:53 AM.

Comment

This is the 6th bilateral series I've played with India and in all cases, Kohli's record has been comparatively poor to his actual records!

Comment

Working...
                                X