Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As you can all see by my user name, I`m a little obsessed by South African Cricket, more so the Late 1950`s thru till the early 1990`s. I love the Cricket Captain game because it enables me to pit S.A. against the teams they never played due to Apartheid. I have just one more name to the list I previously posted, that being G.F.Dakin. I realise that some people who read these posts, are probably rolling their eyes, saying not him again, but I, as a 65 year old retired bloke, get many hours of pleasure indulging in playing fantasy cricket test matches. It also keeps me out of the wife`s hair. Hope I`ve not bored you all silly. thanks for your time if you`ve read this post.

Comment

• So here I am again, once again putting forward 2 more names for inclusion in the next update/patch, or CC2020. They are, surprise, surprise, both South African
      L.J.Barnard & G.L.G.Watson. Last but not least, MERRY XMAS TO YOU ALL.

Comment

• Jack Taylor at Gloucestershire should probably be a very aggressive batsman, his strike rates in all three formats are very high.

Comment

• A little adjustment on players could always be nice, but forms go up and down. Much more concern with player missing like some in BBL this season.
          First one I spotted was Lance Morris in Melbourne Stars/W.Australia
          http://www.espncricinfo.com/australi...r/1125317.html
          Of course Haris Rauf (perhaps a bit more boost in him) should have been squeezed into Stars lineup, even if it's hard with the games contract issues. Rauf replced Pat Brown, who replaced an half-injured Dale Steyn as an overseas player. Steyn is in team but injured but Pat Brown I think never got to the team because of an injury

If it of any use or meaning I might dig up more totally missing players for a hopeful new patch to get some lineupes in order. Sure even the other "winter" leagues got misses in them.
          So a yearly overhaul perhaps with focus more on who's in and who's not.
          But please if players recently (like Dale Steyn) decided to not play International anymore. DON't make him so since this game version starts in April and then he was a possibility for the World Cup. Any change of player in commitment during the year should indeed not be put in this version, but in CC20.
          Last edited by clamel; 01-10-2020, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• Hayden Walsh is not part of the West Indies player records - can he be added as he's now in their one day teams?

Comment

• Hi all, on the 1/1/20, I posted a message re: adding more South African players from years past, and now that CC2019 has been updated, and this didn`t happen, I would like to suggest something for CC2020.
              Whilst I enjoy playing matches from bygone eras, I don`t believe many play matches with or series before WW1. I suggest that removing these players, this would free up space for players who were selected for tours, but never played Test matches to be included. Now being a boring old fart, I believe this would remove 341 players from the all time greats,
              99 Australians, 170 English & 82 South Africans.
              Now I appreciate how busy the developers are, improving & tweaking the current game, so I would be more than happy, as a retired bloke with time on his hands, to go through the archives for the players from Australia, England, India, New Zealand, Pakistan, South Africa & West Indies, that fit the criteria I`ve suggested, but only after WW2.
              I believe that for players who enjoy playing matches from yester years, this would make the game much more interesting.
              Please anyone, let me know what you think of this idea.

Comment

• Hi all, having posted 2 messages re: adding players from yester year, and possibly removing 341 pre WW1 players, I have looked through the records on 2 web sites, Test Cricket tours & Cricket Archive, and found that the total players who were selected to tour, but never played Test Cricket amounts to 64.
                I admit that I have left a couple out, they had very short careers, and added a few gifted, but unlucky players.
                The breakdown is as follows, Australians 9, English 6, Indians 6, New Zealanders 4, Pakistanis 13, South Africans 16 & West Indians 10
                If anybody is interested, and wants the names, I have them, and can post them if required.

Comment

• Tom Price, Ollie Price and Dominic Goodman have all signed pro deals at Gloucestershire.

Likewise Kasey Aldridge, Sam Young and Lewis Goldsworthy at Somerset.

Comment

• Played a couple of long games as Pakistan. I would say my feedback on those players starting the game:

Fakhar Zaman overrated for Tests
                    Baber Azam a little underrated for Tests
                    Mohammed Rizwan overrated in all formats
                    Shahdab Khan has overrated Test match bowling
                    Mohammed Abbas underrated
                    Naseem Shah seems very underrated albeit it would have been hard to know a year ago how good he is
                    Yasir Shah seems very overrated

Other random players who seem to have a bit too much in game ability:

Iftikar Ahmed
                    Haris Sohail
                    Sarfraz Ahmed

Great game as ever. And I love using players who are brilliant, but those who are brilliant despite not being good IRL is a bit odd

Comment

• Starbiz News Pakistan is a treat for fashion enthusiasts. It is your friend to entertainment – from Pakistan. Grab for exciting news related to fashion Cricket News

Comment

• Naseem Shah is way underrated, will there be anymore database updates coming out or will we have to wait for the 2020 version?
                        Last edited by muzzy; 04-08-2020, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• I'd just like to know if the player ratings for greats are ever altered. Playing CC2013 (as it's the last game with 2 player mode) and I can't help but notice that A. Flower is absolute garbage despite being comfortably the greatest Zimbabwean in history and G. Flower is apparently better in this game. Streak is also underrated. I'd hope you would have improved this but if you haven't please do, not that I'll play an All-time great series on the new games where there is no 2-player (watching players like Hashim Amla bowl grinds my gears so I prefer to control both sides). Also, I'm a kiwi, but in every game I've played including CC2019, the NZ greats are clearly overrated.
                          Last edited by CardboardBox; 04-22-2020, 05:10 AM.

Comment

• Not player related, but as a fan of authenticity, I was wondering if we could get a kit update for CC20? For example, New Zealand in-game play ODI's and T20i's in a black kit with a blue back, and a fern. They haven't used that kit in almost 4 years and I would like to see new kits put in the game to allow for more authenticity. NZ would play in a plain black kit with white trim, and some other international teams, such as Ireland and England, no longer use the kits they have in-game and would also require a change. I would also like to see more associate nations like PNG and Namibia added to the game to play with and against in custom games, as these teams have both qualified for the T20 World Cup in real life. If this is in the wrong forum, let me know and I'll post it in the right one.

Comment

Working...
                            X