Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could Fabian Cowdrey be made an all-rounder? Especially in one-day cricket he's probably more effective with the ball these days.

Comment

Hampshire are missing young leg spinner Mason Crane who has made an extremely promising start to his career solidifying a place in all 3 format and ahead of Danny Briggs in fc and one day cricket!

Jake Foley should probably be removed from the squad given he has never been a real member of it bad a 2 game trial last season for what was basically the 2nd XI.

Also still hold the belief Fidel Edwards is a bit underrated in the game given he's started to become an instant pick for Hampshire now he appears to have found his mojo (and is back from the CPL).
      Last edited by Hampshire; 08-01-2015, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Middlesex: Dawid Malan needs to be an opener in OD, T20

Comment

Tom Curran at Surrey has his batting massively underrated. Averaging below 4 with the bat in my save after a season when he's a pretty handy tailender - batted at 5 today for Surrey in One Day stuff (in which he averages nearly 20 at a very handy SR)

Comment

I've also noticed in my save that England quite often pick someone like Finn and, even if the rest of the bowlers aren't doing anything special, he'll still get about 2 overs per match. Not sure his batting's quite up to all-rounder standard!

Comment

Tom Curran should be eligible to play for England like his younger brother. He will be able to play from 2016 so becomes inaccurate after the first season, as at some point he will likely play.

Comment

Originally posted by evansjr View Post
                Tom Curran should be eligible to play for England like his younger brother. He will be able to play from 2016 so becomes inaccurate after the first season, as at some point he will likely play.
                Are they brothers? Sam was born in Northamptonshire or somewhere like that.

Comment

Yeah they are brothers, but Sam is eligible anyway through being born here and Tom is eligible in 2016 through residency I think. They are both quality.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Comment

I think though that Darryl Brown could be nerfed for SA (he is sometimes signable as an overseas), whilst Phangiso, Leie and Bavuma could perhaps be boosted (enough so that the former two get selected by the AI for the occasional limited overs game, and Bavuma the odd Test match). Bavuma has been playing since a teenager so his FC average is rather depressed by initial mediocre seasons. He has improved phenomenally over the last couple of years though. I also think that de Villiers shouldn't have strong batting preferences - it isn't a major thing at all but I personally feel he is content on the front and back foot as well as both sides of the wicket.

Comment

Ryan Stevenson should be added to Hampshire:

Read about Ryan Stevenson cricket player from England profile, stats, rankings, records, videos, photos at ESPNcricinfo

Hampshire sign fast bowler Ryan Stevenson on a deal until the end of the season, after a successful trial.

Comment

Working...
                        X