This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Few things I've noticed;

Australia : Hazelwood still doesn't open the bowling. Something amiss. Also, Lyon gets only 1 Test out of 5.
    England : Moeen Ali doesn't seem to bowl enough overs, I think he's more of a batting all-rounder in the game.
    India : reduce bowling skills of Shreyas Gopal (Karnataka). Presently, if I play him, he averages 7 wickets per Test!
    New Zealand : Jesse Ryder still playing ODI's regularly. He probably should, but I'm not sure he ever will!
    Pakistan : Yasir Shah is their primary spinner now, not Saeed Ajmal. Skills need to be tweaked.
    Sri Lanka : Angelo Mathews always plays No. 3 in all formats. Need to push him down to 4 or 5
    West Indies : Darren Sammy is out of contention in ODI's & Tests. Sometimes he opens the bowling in ODI's and bowls his complete 10 overs!
    Bangladesh : Please improve the skills of the new teenage sensation, Mustafuzir Rahman
    Zimbabwe : Hamilton Masakadza to bat No. 3 and not lower at 6,7.

I must say though, 15.02 is a great improvement. Kudos!

Comment

Originally posted by ruby23 View Post
      Few things I've noticed;

Australia : Hazelwood still doesn't open the bowling. Something amiss. Also, Lyon gets only 1 Test out of 5.
      England : Moeen Ali doesn't seem to bowl enough overs, I think he's more of a batting all-rounder in the game.
      India : reduce bowling skills of Shreyas Gopal (Karnataka). Presently, if I play him, he averages 7 wickets per Test!
      New Zealand : Jesse Ryder still playing ODI's regularly. He probably should, but I'm not sure he ever will!
      Pakistan : Yasir Shah is their primary spinner now, not Saeed Ajmal. Skills need to be tweaked.
      Sri Lanka : Angelo Mathews always plays No. 3 in all formats. Need to push him down to 4 or 5
      West Indies : Darren Sammy is out of contention in ODI's & Tests. Sometimes he opens the bowling in ODI's and bowls his complete 10 overs!
      Bangladesh : Please improve the skills of the new teenage sensation, Mustafuzir Rahman

Haven't played the new patch version yet. Is Soumya Sarkar and Sabbir Rahman getting picked regularly in ODIs and T20s? And what about Taskin Ahmed?

Comment

Few things I've noticed;

Thing is with Moeen, he is really a batting allrounder, why England bat him at 8 and use him as a primary spinner i don't know. So I think that the game is pretty accurate in that respect. Plus, Worcestershire don't use him in the same manner as England do.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomod View Post
          Hope this is the right place - just surprised that Alex Davies at Lancs is classified as 'defensive' on his profile. He seems pretty attacking to me (aggressive rather than v. aggressive I think) especially after hitting six sixes in an over for the second team and playing increasing amounts for the limited overs team...

Thanks!
          Yes, right place. I agree on this. He's played a few more matches this season and his stats are a bit more reliable now.

Comment

Adam Hose needs adding to Somerset, attacking opening bat in OD, T20

Comment

Hugh Bernard should probably be added to Kent too. 18 year old right-arm fast-medium.

Kent Cricket Academy scholar Hugh Bernard has signed his first professional contract. The 18-year-old seamer represented England Under-19s in Australia this winter, taking 5-14 in...

Read about Hugh Bernard cricket player from England profile, stats, rankings, records, videos, photos at ESPNcricinfo

Comment

Some more observations in the Database

After playing another couple of days, further observations are;

South Africa : Peidt gets more opportunities than Harmer in the spinning role. Duminy should bowl at least a few overs in ODI's; I went through a 7 match ODI series between SA and Ind in India and Duminy bowled only 2 overs the entire series! Also, ABD should bat 4 or 5 in Tests & ODI's, not 3. FAF should bat 3 in all formats as is settled now.

West Indies : Gayle will probably play only one every 5 Test matches going on. Badree, Permaul & Bishoo are almost never chosen even on spinning tracks, wehreas Nurse gets to play a lot of ODI's.

Bangladesh : No mention of Mustafuzir Rahman, the teen bowling sensation in any format. Mahmudullah is a batsman who bowls occasionally and will bat at 4 or 5 permanently across all formats. Nasir Hossain, Sabbir Rahman to bat 6 or lower in ODI's.

India : Please play Pujara at 3 in Tests and don't choose him as default captain. Kohli to be default captain, Rohit & Raina as deputies in shorter formats.

BTW, I agree about Moeen Ali, I still think he's a class bat pushed into a bowler's role! Same as Ashwin, who used to open the batting in state cricket...

Comment

I've played as Essex and noticed Jaik Mickleburgh should be an opening batsman and defensive rather than very defensive

Nick Browne should be neutral rather than very defensive

Jamie Porter should be about as good as Reece Topley, he's got a great record albeit in only about one season

Adeel Malik was, in real life, signed on a three month contract rather than a 3 year one

very often teams don't pick a spinner, something needs doing about that

Comment

Andre Adams has retired (Hampshire)...

Comment

Northants: Olly Stone needs to be RF, he consistently touches 90mph

Comment

South Africa : Peidt gets more opportunities than Harmer in the spinning role. Duminy should bowl at least a few overs in ODI's; I went through a 7 match ODI series between SA and Ind in India and Duminy bowled only 2 overs the entire series! Also, ABD should bat 4 or 5 in Tests & ODI's, not 3. FAF should bat 3 in all formats as is settled now.
                        Harmer is selected in Tests in my game, but I agree he has shown a lot of potential. Piedt's shoulder injury at the end of last year came at an unfortunate time for him.

I agree that AB should be 4 or 5 - does the game perhaps put the team's best batsman at 3? I think it is worth waiting to see which way round Faf and Amla go. Faf originally stepped up to 4 after Kallis retired, but the order has been a little fluid, so let's wait and see how the order settles down. There are one or two positions not nailed down with Smith, Petersen and Kallis gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomod View Post
                          Hope this is the right place - just surprised that Alex Davies at Lancs is classified as 'defensive' on his profile. He seems pretty attacking to me (aggressive rather than v. aggressive I think) especially after hitting six sixes in an over for the second team and playing increasing amounts for the limited overs team...

Thanks!
                          It was Jordan Clark who hit six sixes in an over - but yes I agree I'd increase Davies' aggression to at least standard. Slightly more defensive in first class cricket (has batted at 3 on a couple of occasions this season) but definitely more aggressive in the one day formats, especially as he often has come in late in the T20s this term.

Comment

Cook should be leg side preference rather than off side

Comment

Originally posted by Bearded View Post
                              Cook should be leg side preference rather than off side
                              I think he is a pretty good cutter of the ball personally?

Comment

If anything cook is neutral between the sides, he is strong back foot preference but then once there he can cut and pull really well

Comment

Working...
                                X