No announcement yet.

No task is too challenging - An Essex story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, for a few days don't expect updates because I don't have access to my match reports.

Comment

Originally posted by KGKOOLKAT777 View Post
      Yeah, Gloucs won't release him but I would grab him.
      In the end, my contracts section took a rather interesting turn, so I couldn't get hold of him. Shame really, he'll come back to haunt me again this season I would think.
      Nottinghamshire supporter and proud!

Comment

Sorry everyone for the lack of updates but I busted my ankle so I have been in bad shape the last few days but I will definitely get some updates going as soon as I can.

Comment

Sorry everyone for the lack of updates but I busted my ankle so I have been in bad shape the last few days but I will definitely get some updates going as soon as I can.
          No rush mate - sure they'll be worth the wait!!

Hope you get better soon

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog View Post
            No rush mate - sure they'll be worth the wait!!

Hope you get better soon
            Thanks, it does get exciting, I will try and up the post rate!

Comment

Thanks, it does get exciting, I will try and up the post rate!
              Well see how you go - we can wait

Comment

The return

One Day Friendly – Pakistan

I disagree with a lot of the AI’s selections but anyway. We bowled first until a lower order partnership between Afridi and Hafeez took the game away from us. Our batting was woeful as at one point we were 7-41! Anyway… it was a learning curve.

Comment

T20 update

WE WON!!! They are important funds.

Comment

Challenge Trophy Update:

Oh well, a quarter final loss isn’t so bad but I must say our bowling is woeful.

Comment

• CCD1 – Yorkshire – Chelmsford

A strong Yorkshire team awaits. Keogh provided a well needed spark at the top before the rest of the team collapsed. In return, Yorkshire were 6-50 before Bresnan and Plunkett rescued them, so much so they grabbed the lead. Our top order fell cheaply, but Gillet, on debut and Bairstow and ten Doeschate dug in and made useful runs. Yorkshire were in trouble but an unbroken 63 run stand sealed the win for them.

Batting Award: -

Bowling Award: Tim Southee – 7 important wickets

Championship State: You know the drill, secret for now. Next up Notts in Nottingham.

Comment

• CCD1 – Nottinghamshire - Nottingham

My England players are back and come in for this crucial game. I want to keep a trial on my youth players and so retain them, at the expense of Bopara who seems to be out of touch. We batted first and Cook got us off to a good start before Kumar knocked over our top order leaving ten Doeschate and Southee to pick up the pieces. The quality of the Notts batting line-up was clear as they pummelled our world-class bowling attack to all corners.

Then we collapsed horribly, with Notts opening pair of Broad and Kumar (against Corbett and Southee – they must be the top 4 bowlers in the world) doing most of the damage. Cook managed to hold the innings together but in the end not much happened. The top 3 went early but a 93 run stand sealed the win.

Batting Award: Alistair Cook – the captain showed why he has the role

Bowling Award: Tim Southee – but no one really impressed

For the final game we play Somerset at home

Comment

• CCD1 – Somerset – Chelmsford

We field an unchanged team and bat first. Westley scored a 50 but we were in trouble before Southee’s 50 gave us a decent total. Then, former Essex man Browne scored 96, combining well with Haque before keeper Jones provided some fireworks lower down the order, to give Somerset a large lead.

Matthie and Cook combined for a decent stand of 192 but that was pretty much it but it gave us a decent target to bowl at and we just defended it. We got a fair amount of points but will it be enough for the title?

Batting Award: Nicholas Matthie/Alistair Cook- without either we would have lost

Bowling Award: Tim Southee- got the key wickets

Comment

• And the winner is…

Well, not this year. Yorkshire looked like a strong team and I wasn’t surprised but Gloucs really surprised me with their run to second. I had them down as relegation favourites. Kent, I was right about but I predicted a top 5 finish for Notts. Overall, we could have done a bit better but we had a decent season.

Comment

• How did my ex-players do? (These are only the players I can find as there are too many)

Phil Bowles – a regular in the Durham team before sustaining a long term injury

Garry Park – average season for him, 13 games average of 20

Sajid Mahmood – not much in his 3 games

Nick Browne – 15 games and 675 runs, not bad

Tom Craddock – 71 FC wickets this season, why oh why did I drop him

Comment

• Full season wrap up

8 – Nicholas Matthie – amazing start to career, didn’t quite reach top form but the sign are promising (3 awards)

Alistair Cook – tough year for him, being dropped from England but played decently (3 awards)

Ryan ten Doeschate – amazing double but patchy form. (1 award)

Simon Gregson – very good season for him until he got injured. (2 awards)

7.5 – Steve Corbett- not great form this year but still a valuable asset (4 awards)

7 – Reece Topley –consistent without thrilling all season (3 awards)

Tim Southee – not quite the standards expected but still a decent job (4 awards)

Tom Westley – not quite peak form but still a rock at the top (2 awards)

6.5 – Jonny Bairstow – stats look good but he can do much better (1 award)

Alex Wyatt – came in at the end of the season and did a decent job (1 award)

6 – Ravi Bopara – not as good as we expect (1 batting, 1 bowling award)

5 – Chris Tremlett – pretty average

Dan Cowe – bowling was ok and batting was ok, in all just ok (1 batting, 1 bowling award)

Rob Keogh – did his job when required

3- Ryan McLaren – not great, gets an extra mark for batting (1 award)

Charles Dixon – average stats

Craig Kieswetter – did alright in his one game

2- Christian Gillet – did ok but not enough to get a new contract

James Fuller – one game, did a tidy job

1.5 – Steve Copperfield – tried to give him a chance but only 2 wickets in 3 games

1 – Ned Eckersley – nothing in his one game

James Legg – an average of 10 won’t cut it sorry, maybe he had bad form but unlikely to gain a new contract

Overall, I didn’t do as well as I hoped, my batting was great sometimes and horrible at others and my bowling was rarely good. At the start of the season, I started off amazingly with a few innings wins but the season trailed off towards the end.

Comment

Working...
                                X