• Show
Clear All

I will try that later tonight

Comment

Great. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog View Post
        I will try that later tonight
        Windowed mode seems to be working fine for me, the only crash I've had was the entire laptop giving up. Admittedly, we may be running different specs etc, but it's a promising thought nonetheless.
        Nottinghamshire supporter and proud!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveK93 View Post
          Windowed mode seems to be working fine for me, the only crash I've had was the entire laptop giving up. Admittedly, we may be running different specs etc, but it's a promising thought nonetheless.
          The only other thing that it could be is the stupid popups that my anti virus software keeps throwing at me!
          One of them is a 30 day job which expires tomorrow so I will soon find out it that the trigger!!

Comment

Hmm... pop-ups could easily kill a full-screen game but not windowed. Promising indeed...

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Child View Post
              Hmm... pop-ups could easily kill a full-screen game but not windowed. Promising indeed...
              About 90 mins and no issues with the new windowed view - progress

Finch and Warner took apart a Pakistan bowling attack in a one-off T20

Comment

Fingers crossed for you

Comment

Originally posted by mereman View Post
                  Fingers crossed for you
                  Cheers mate - appreciate it

Comment

I'll be very happy if we've found the cause of this. Which virus checker do you use and what are the pop-ups it throws at you?

Weirdly - I was 'testing' (playing - awesome 10 run win setting Lancashire 244) the game tonight in full screen on my windows 8.1 touch screen lap-top and it kept kicking me back to the desktop. No crash and the game was fine, but haven't worked out why yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Child View Post
                      I'll be very happy if we've found the cause of this. Which virus checker do you use and what are the pop-ups it throws at you?

Weirdly - I was 'testing' (playing - awesome 10 run win setting Lancashire 244) the game tonight in full screen on my windows 8.1 touch screen lap-top and it kept kicking me back to the desktop. No crash and the game was fine, but haven't worked out why yet.
                      AVG but I'm getting McAfee stuff stuff (which came pre-installed on the laptop) for the last few days - the will expire soon so I should find out nice and for all.

Yeah that's happened to me too - weird but as not a crash as such I didn't mention it.
                      Last edited by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog; 09-01-2014, 09:36 AM.

Comment

I'd strongly advise against having AVG and McAfee installed at the same time (even if McAfee is on a trial), sounds like progress has been made on this which is great.

Comment

Yeah I'm not 100% as to why the McAfee stuff has suddenly started really!!

Both trails end this week I think so will just go with one.

Comment

I'd go with AVG. I have AVG on my Win 8.1 laptop and it was working fine.

Comment

In that case I'll deactivate the McAfee stuff tonight.

Its the popups that irritate me - can never find the setting that basically tells it to do it itself and not ask my permission!!

Comment

My wife has AVG and I use Avast. Both seem to be no problem. Both free versions. As soon as I post this I bet all hell breaks loose

Comment

Working...
                                X