X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bug - pure virtual function call

Runtime Error!
    R6025 - pure virtual function call

crashes the game, happens randomly through a match, has happened several times now and there is no patten, I have updated my drivers. Help from tech staff please?

Hi,

Scritty reported an error like this. He said he'd been pressing the space bar, and the error occurred in the middle of a match. I think he was watching with highlights on.

Can you let us know:
    - do you use the space-bar?
    - do you exit highlights early by pressing space-bar?
    - does the crash happen mid-match?
    - which game mode are you playing?
    - anything else you think might be relevant.

Comment

Hi and thanks for the reply - no I do not use the space bar at all. I was playing a Test match first as England and then as India, international career and happened during a match, though not during highlights.

Comment

Just received this error for the 2nd time today! It happens during game randomly, the latest 1 happened as I was about to start my 2nd innings and I clicked on game summary screen.

Comment

We're having trouble working out what's happening with the pure virtual function call error. This screen shot is very helpful though as it shows the stage of the game. If anyone else gets this can you grab the full screen shot like this one.

Comment

Didn't get a screenshot, unfortunately, but it's happened twice to me today. Both times in the fourth innings of a Test match (on International career).

Can you let us know:
            - do you use the space-bar? Yes
            - do you exit highlights early by pressing space-bar? Yes
            - does the crash happen mid-match? Yes
            - which game mode are you playing? International career
            - anything else you think might be relevant.

Comment

This has happened with less frequency of late - I save compulsively to try and get around it, but happened again today. The one thing I can say is it always happens within a match, though not during a highlight.

I'll keep an eye on this thread and hopefully it will soon be solved.

Comment

If you can grab a screen-shot of the whole screen when it crashes, that would be very helpful. We've has a few reports of it happening just after an interval when you click "match analysis". I think others have had the issue in different places though, and a screen-shot will help us identify the match state.

If you know anything about the match state when it happens, let us know:
                - just after an interval/just after a change of innings/middle of a session?
                - clicking play over or something else? What had you just done?
                - match type and how far through the match (4th innings seems to be common)

Comment

Just got this error again, this time just as I went to start the match!

Comment

Happened to me as well, the details I can give was, I was playing as Lancashire and the opposition was 9 down and 9 and 11 were batting, in the last game of the season and I had two quick bowlers bowling around the wicket short stuff on full aggression when it crashed.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Child View Post
                      If you can grab a screen-shot of the whole screen when it crashes, that would be very helpful. We've has a few reports of it happening just after an interval when you click "match analysis". I think others have had the issue in different places though, and a screen-shot will help us identify the match state.

If you know anything about the match state when it happens, let us know:
                      - just after an interval/just after a change of innings/middle of a session?
                      - clicking play over or something else? What had you just done?
                      - match type and how far through the match (4th innings seems to be common)
                      I do remember it has typically been late in the match yes - I will try and take a screenshot next time but it was pretty normal stuff, during a match - it was middle of a session, I wasn't starting anything

Comment

Can you tell us if you play the match using "space bar". I've found an issue with that that might be causing the problem.

Comment

Great - I think we might have nailed it then. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Just had this error for the first time - half way through a game
                            No use of the space bar

Comment

I do not use space bar but this has happened less of late

Comment

Working...
                              X