No announcement yet.

bug - pure virtual function call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had anyone had a crash since the 14.09 update? I fixed an issue that could have been causing the problem but, as it didn't happen on my machine, the only way I can tell is if it stops happening for everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Child View Post
      Had anyone had a crash since the 14.09 update? I fixed an issue that could have been causing the problem but, as it didn't happen on my machine, the only way I can tell is if it stops happening for everyone else.
      Will play a bit tonight so will report back then

Comment

Happened second game I played this morning unfortunately.

Comment

This must be particular to something a few of you have. Need to narrow it down.

- Can you post a screen shot when it happens.
          - Also any details of what stage you were in when playing (in match, interval, main game hub etc.).
          - Playing in full screen or windowed.
          - Any other programs running when playing.
          - Playing with space bar, clicking play over, auto-play.
          - Also machine specs (windows version, laptop/PC type).
          - Virus checker type.

Comment

- Also any details of what stage you were in when playing (in match, interval, main game hub etc.). ...... INTERVAL
            - Playing in full screen or windowed. ....... FULL
            - Any other programs running when playing. .... NO
            - Playing with space bar, clicking play over, auto-play. CLICKING ON THE "END OF DAY" POPUP
            - Also machine specs (windows version, laptop/PC type). ...... WINDOWS 8 - HP 15 TOUCH-SMART NOTEBOOK PC
            - Virus checker type. ....... AVG

Managed to play a few 20/20 games and ODIs with no issues at all.
            Just loaded my Yorkshire save and I got the error after clicking in the END OF DAY 2 popup.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog View Post
              - Also any details of what stage you were in when playing (in match, interval, main game hub etc.). ...... INTERVAL
              - Playing in full screen or windowed. ....... FULL
              - Any other programs running when playing. .... NO
              - Playing with space bar, clicking play over, auto-play. CLICKING ON THE "END OF DAY" POPUP
              - Also machine specs (windows version, laptop/PC type). ...... WINDOWS 8 - HP 15 TOUCH-SMART NOTEBOOK PC
              - Virus checker type. ....... AVG

Managed to play a few 20/20 games and ODIs with no issues at all.
              Just loaded my Yorkshire save and I got the error after clicking in the END OF DAY 2 popup.
              Thanks for this. Just had a thought that this could be related to the mouse pad too. Might be a 'left over' click that causes a problem.

Can others report if they are using a mouse-pad too. It's possible the bug would still happen with a mouse, but if we're seeing it more with the mouse-pad it could be a clue.

Also need to make sure you have the 2nd update to 14.09 (close cricket captain re-start steam and it should check for the update).

Comment

I just use a mouse (no mouse pad) and I seem to have stopped getting the error

Comment

That sounds encouraging. I'm pretty sure I fixed the error in-match (not intervals), so if we've just got the interval one and it's happening more with mouse-pads then I should be able to fix it.

Comment

Thanks for this. Just had a thought that this could be related to the mouse pad too. Might be a 'left over' click that causes a problem.

Can others report if they are using a mouse-pad too. It's possible the bug would still happen with a mouse, but if we're seeing it more with the mouse-pad it could be a clue.

Also need to make sure you have the 2nd update to 14.09 (close cricket captain re-start steam and it should check for the update).
                    Cheers Chris - will check to see if the 2nd update was installed

Comment

Hi Chris

Bad news I'm afraid - has happened twice during a different sessions of an ODI.
                      The second time I had just selected a field if that helps

Comment

I suspect your computer is registering multiple clicks when you click. This might cause it to do odd things when you're using dialogue boxes. Do you sometimes get another screen pop up (like a players record) when you select a new bowler?

When you say 'select a field' is this by clicking on one of the presets or saved fields in the list, or did it crash when you pressed ok?

Any more info on this or the other bug, plus screen-shots (f12 in steam) if it happens again?

Comment

I suspect your computer is registering multiple clicks when you click. This might cause it to do odd things when you're using dialogue boxes. Do you sometimes get another screen pop up (like a players record) when you select a new bowler?

When you say 'select a field' is this by clicking on one of the presets or saved fields in the list, or did it crash when you pressed ok?

Any more info on this or the other bug, plus screen-shots (f12 in steam) if it happens again?
                          I can never give you guys a screen shot - as soon as I get the error message the background goes completely white.

I was selecting a user field setting then selected ok - then it crashed.

I've never seen anything untoward when choosing a new bowler.

Comment

Do you ever get the field editor window pop up when you select a new batsman (or ok when the opponent loses a wicket)?

Comment

Do you ever get the field editor window pop up when you select a new batsman (or ok when the opponent loses a wicket)?
                              Hi - no never

I even stopped playing it via the touch screen in case that was causing it.

Was weird as I played it for about 3 hours last night with no problems then 2 crashes in a very short space of time when playing as Yorkshire during a FC game.

This lunchtime I tried again and with a brand new save in case the old save was a contributing factor - crash halfway through the third ODI of a new Australia international save.
                              Last edited by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog; 08-31-2014, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Have you tried playing windowed? It might be worth giving that a try now that we've fixed the issues we had at release. I'm wondering if something in your setup is causing the game to crash in full screen, but wouldn't in windowed.

Thanks for all the feedback here. Invaluable.

Comment

Working...
                                X