bug - pure virtual function call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris Child View Post
    Hi. Just got back from a weekend away to find our web-site was down and this error, that I thought we'd dealt with, is still happening. We'll be working on this next.

If anyone can grab screen-shots when it crashes please post them.

How regularly is it crashing? Is it happening during first class matches only or during one-day as well?
    Hi Chris

How dare you take a weekend off

Seems to be all formats for me so far - no patterns from what I can see

Comment

I did spot when doing some research on this error that in some instances driver updates were being recommended.

DVDDD - I know from another post you mentioned that you have a new laptop. The game doesn't support Microsoft drivers and these can sometimes be installed with new Windows installs.

Press Windows key + R at the same time on your keyboard
      In the command box type “devmgmt.msc” (without quotes) and press enter.
      Open ‘Display adapters’, right click on your display adapter (take a note of the name of your display adapter) and select properties.
      Click on the ‘Driver’ tab and check the name of the provider. Is the driver provider Microsoft?

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
        I did spot when doing some research on this error that in some instances driver updates were being recommended.

DVDDD - I know from another post you mentioned that you have a new laptop. The game doesn't support Microsoft drivers and these can sometimes be installed with new Windows installs.

Open ‘Display adapters’, right click on your display adapter (take a note of the name of your display adapter) and select properties.
        Click on the ‘Driver’ tab and check the name of the provider. Is the driver provider Microsoft?
        Cheers SS - much appreciated

I will have a go tonight

Comment

mine is not microsoft. it says the latest ATI Mobility Radeon under display adaptors. no microsoft anywhere. theres still no interface its the latest Radeon for me

Comment

We've made really good progress on this today. One of those nightmare bugs that just don't repeat easily, so you can never quite tell if you've fixed it, but found a bug that seems to happen in a place that matches these reports. More work to do tomorrow, but we're getting there.

Comment

Hi

Driver provider is "advanced micro devices inc."

Microsoft windows hardware compatibility publisher listed as the Driver Signer
              Last edited by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog; 08-26-2014, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Okay, thanks for checking.

Comment

Okay, thanks for checking.
                  Sorry mate - what does that mean

Is it not what you thought?

Comment

It was just a case of checking driver issues as a possibility, which was based on me remembering you saying elsewhere that your machine is very new and thus might be susceptible to having the wrong drivers on it.

Comment

It was just a case of checking driver issues as a possibility, which was based on me remembering you saying elsewhere that your machine is very new and thus might be susceptible to having the wrong drivers on it.
                      Hi

I just wasn't sure if that meant it wasn't the driver issue after all .... in fact I'm still not 100%

Comment

I wanted to rule it out being a driver issue, now I'm fairly confident it isn't.

Comment

I wanted to rule it out being a driver issue, now I'm fairly confident it isn't.
                          great .. or not if you see what I mean

Really appreciate you trying though mate.

Comment

Really hope you guys find a fix for this, the game is unplayable at the moment for me - happening pretty much every game.

Comment

I think we need to find the common factor. It could be something in the set up of PCs/Laptops it's not running on. As for me I have had 2 crashes in 51 hours of playing and both of those were in the same session before the last patch. Since then been very stable, bound to fall over the next time I play.

I'm using a self built PC with AMD FX 8350, Nvidia GTX660 over clocked, Win7 home professional 64bit with SP1. 8Gbs of memory. Everything up to date.
                              Last edited by mereman; 08-28-2014, 02:32 PM. Reason: correcting spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog View Post
                                great .. or not if you see what I mean

Really appreciate you trying though mate.
                                Yes, I know what you mean.

We're working hard on this issue and other stability issues. We'll update when we know more.

Comment

Working...
                                X