No announcement yet.

Cricket Captain 2014 release date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry mate I got a little bit heated, I just felt you were mocking me for predicting a release date( after all the thread is called ''cricket captain 2014 release date'')
    I agree with you that there is a lot of moaning and some of the stuff typed on the facebook page is disgusting but most of that dribble comes from teens I would imagine, anyway I think we both agree that the developers don't delay the release on purpose and we are both happy to wait patiently for the game.
    Thanks for a more mature response than mine(I've always admired how Chris and co conduct themselves in the face of abuse and criticism, they don't take themselves too seriously) and I apologise for the personal attack

Comment

Originally posted by sasnoz View Post
      Sorry mate I got a little bit heated, I just felt you were mocking me for predicting a release date( after all the thread is called ''cricket captain 2014 release date'')
      I agree with you that there is a lot of moaning and some of the stuff typed on the facebook page is disgusting but most of that dribble comes from teens I would imagine, anyway I think we both agree that the developers don't delay the release on purpose and we are both happy to wait patiently for the game.
      Thanks for a more mature response than mine(I've always admired how Chris and co conduct themselves in the face of abuse and criticism, they don't take themselves too seriously) and I apologise for the personal attack
      No not at all - it's the "the worlds ending" type posts that do my head in .... You were just being optimistic which should never be discouraged ... Cue my post on Sat 9th of "I told you so"

You could well be right regarding the ages of some of the moaners - I can moan with the best of them (just ask my wife!!!) but I can also put stuff into perspective which from reading your posts you can too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog View Post
        No not at all - it's the "the worlds ending" type posts that do my head in .... You were just being optimistic which should never be discouraged ... Cue my post on Sat 9th of "I told you so"

You could well be right regarding the ages of some of the moaners - I can moan with the best of them (just ask my wife!!!) but I can also put stuff into perspective which from reading your posts you can too.
        I second that, I don't understand the logic of sitting and moaning about something that is not life changing, or ridiculously important. ICC 14, whilst I'm looking forward to it, won't exactly drastically change my life (apart from a decline in social life perhaps). There's no point moaning about something we can't control, we're much better off waiting to see what happens!

And I agree about the "teenage dribble", the majority are petulant beasts. I should know, having recently been one, most have a tendency to whine when they don't get their own way.
        Nottinghamshire supporter and proud!

Comment

We understand and accept that people are going to be annoyed, we are as well in the delays. Ultimately, it's important to get the game in to a good state. I'd like to think that we have a reputation of releasing solid games and this new release should be the same (Putting words on the line there).

As always, constructive criticism is much easier for us to analyse and use for improvements, whether that's with delays or when you get your hands on 2014 and starting passing your feedback on to us. Unless they do go really over the top, we won't delete angry posts.

Whilst we're slightly off-topic with real world cricket...

Gary Ballance has been really impressive this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
            We understand and accept that people are going to be annoyed, we are as well in the delays. Ultimately, it's important to get the game in to a good state. I'd like to think that we have a reputation of releasing solid games and this new release should be the same (Putting words on the line there).

As always, constructive criticism is much easier for us to analyse and use for improvements, whether that's with delays or when you get your hands on 2014 and starting passing your feedback on to us. Unless they do go really over the top, we won't delete angry posts.

Whilst we're slightly off-topic with real world cricket...

Gary Ballance has been really impressive this summer.
            Ballance is looking very impressive, I just wish the umpires would wait until he hit the ball before giving him out...

Comment

Originally posted by DaveK93 View Post
              Ballance is looking very impressive, I just wish the umpires would wait until he hit the ball before giving him out...
              Gary Ballance is on this forum - I've never seen him and Scritty in the same place!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog View Post
                Gary Ballance is on this forum - I've never seen him and Scritty in the same place!!!
                All we need now is a few words from the great man himself!

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
                  Ultimately, it's important to get the game in to a good state. I'd like to think that we have a reputation of releasing solid games and this new release should be the same.
                  So no plans to have the fielders stand around throwing the ball to each other while the batsmen run 100 times.

Comment

Thanks Chris. You're doing the right thing in wanting to release a well polished game.

Comment

Originally posted by GrahamB View Post
                      Thanks Chris. You're doing the right thing in wanting to release a well polished game.
                      Definately

Comment

Now August... who'll be the first to complain they haven't got the game within the first 24 hours of the month?

Sidenote: Sods law dictates, the game will be released whilst I'm not at the computer....

Comment

With respect, I think the developers misunderstand what the complaining is about. People wouldn't care about the later release date - anyone who does has unrealistic expectations of a small development team.

The problem is the long months of silence from the development team, which got to the point that people deadset thought the company had gone under. I don't necessarily mean that there needs to be daily updates, but you've got to give people a carrot - something to be excited for. I mean, I've been waiting two years for a new Mac version. It's been promised and then scrapped a couple of times without any explanation. Throw us a bone (or some screenshots). Sim some matches or something.

It's a bit frustrating that the developers have consistently failed to address these types of criticisms, and have instead focused on the stock-standard "we're just getting the game right" response. People will appreciate honesty more than complete silence.

Comment

^He's got it, no ones moaning about the release date. They're moaning about the month s between replies from the developers even then giving us next to no information or answers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongrel View Post
                              With respect, I think the developers misunderstand what the complaining is about. People wouldn't care about the later release date - anyone who does has unrealistic expectations of a small development team.

The problem is the long months of silence from the development team, which got to the point that people deadset thought the company had gone under.
                              This ^^^^^^

Not a release date issue. More of a communication issue.
                              Just post something every week or two. It would take 2 minutes and prevent a lot of rumour mongering and potential ill feeling.
                              The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

I perhaps wasn't clear about what I meant. In no way am I suggesting that the communication is good. I agree that there could be more communication between devs and customers, but that would be an issue that they need to sort out. I was merely making a light hearted jibe towards the odd few that would immediately jump on the fact that it was now August, so it must be out.

Comment

Working...
                                X