FC/Test scoring rate still too high

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by outbreak View Post
    Even in saves where I'm another country the australians have him dominating in tests pretty quick which seems odd for an average guy who isn't young. Is there a way to edit and check players ratings if they seem too high all the time?
    I reckon you should post this guy in the Database thread..

Comment

I think ODI scores are too high too. I am yet to see a game where 230 is defended by either team. It seems easy for a team to slog their way out of trouble everytime they are put under a bit of pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham_5000 View Post
        I think ODI scores are too high too. I am yet to see a game where 230 is defended by either team. It seems easy for a team to slog their way out of trouble everytime they are put under a bit of pressure.
        Agreed, team batting second tends to have a very high chance of winning since hitting out is so easy. Irl, teams chasing 300+ will always be under pressure and have a psychological disadvantage. But I should stress, I totally prefer these high scoring games compared to last year's version where scores where very low in ODIs.

Comment

Originally posted by Alrounder80 View Post
          Agreed, team batting second tends to have a very high chance of winning since hitting out is so easy. Irl, teams chasing 300+ will always be under pressure and have a psychological disadvantage. But I should stress, I totally prefer these high scoring games compared to last year's version where scores where very low in ODIs.
          Fair enough. I like those low scoring games though, where you can't hit out, but have to earn your runs!

Comment

I'm not finding tests to be too high scoring. In the 12 tests I've played I have been bowled out twice under 150 and four other times under 200.

I have bowled the opposition out 4 times under 200, another 2 times under 150 and once for 60.

So playing as New Zealand I have collapsed 6 times in 12 tests (pretty realistic imo) and gotten opposition to collapse 7 times in 12 tests (possibly a little too high considering a couple of times it was against India and bowling the Windies out for 60 was just amazing ).

Comment

Originally posted by cardassian View Post
              I'm not finding tests to be too high scoring. In the 12 tests I've played I have been bowled out twice under 150 and four other times under 200.

I have bowled the opposition out 4 times under 200, another 2 times under 150 and once for 60.

So playing as New Zealand I have collapsed 6 times in 12 tests (pretty realistic imo) and gotten opposition to collapse 7 times in 12 tests (possibly a little too high considering a couple of times it was against India and bowling the Windies out for 60 was just amazing ).
              What was the rate of scoring?
              Are you playing the games with highlights on or simming them?

Comment

Originally posted by GrahamB View Post
                What was the rate of scoring?
                Are you playing the games with highlights on or simming them?
                Depends on the innings obviously. I've had teams score 120+ in a session and team score as low as 52 in a session against me. So I'll give you the economy rates of by bowlers as it should provide more useful data.

Name In game e/r Real life e/r
                Southee 2.88 3.16
                Boult 2.60 2.94
                Bracewell 3.46 3.38
                Williamson 3.52 3.37
                Munro 3.19 2.12*
                *Please note in real life Munro has only played 1 test match bowling 18 overs. In first class cricket his e/r is 2.97. I would expect test e/r long term to be slightly higher than his first class e/r due to the better class of batsmen he will be bowling against.

So as you can see my economy rates are about right for my team, some players performing slightly better, some performing slightly worse.

I play with highlights 4s+ when batting and chances+ when bowling.

Comment

I would say the average number of runs is about 350 per day. So some bowlers will go at above 4, others less. I personally think this is still too high. 90% of days should involve a score of 210-300 runs I reckon depending on conditions.

My bowlers' averages are climbing! The oppositions aren't climbing as much as their matches are autoplayed when they aren't playing me presumably? I am still winning more than losing, it is just games are high scoring.

Comment

The scores in county matches has inreased since last update. Plus most matches end up being a draw. Need 5 days for county matches.

Comment

Try playing as Kent...

But seriously, we've been working hard on this and it shouldn't be long now until next patch, thus why we've been a bit quiet the last few days!

Comment

Thanks Sureshot

Comment

I really haven't noticed the problem at all since 13.03 came out. I even had a test where my openers got to 0/130 by TEA..

Comment

I think the outcome of scores is depending on which way you watch the match, Ive found there no problem with ball by ball, But when you fast sim the match you going to get higher scores. As ball by ball you can adjust bowler settings with every ball bowled, Which in my view is going to make a big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by fudgecat View Post
                              I think the outcome of scores is depending on which way you watch the match, Ive found there no problem with ball by ball, But when you fast sim the match you going to get higher scores. As ball by ball you can adjust bowler settings with every ball bowled, Which in my view is going to make a big difference.
                              Nope, I play over by over when bowling and auto when batting

Comment

Although I'm enjoying playing County Championship cricket much more with the latest patch, you still occasionally get situations like this:

Comment

Working...
                                X