FC/Test scoring rate still too high

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FC/Test scoring rate still too high

When the norm is over 4 runs per over and often closer to 4.5 runs per over, that is too high.
    Whereas the OD/T20 match engine appears from all accounts to be much improved, I think that the FC/Test match engine has gone backwards a little because of these overly high scoring rates.

Perhaps Chris can tweak these downwards to make the longer form of the game more realistic and enjoyable?

Your thoughts?

I'm not generally seen those kind of rates often since the new patch has come out. My bowlers tend to go for between 3 and 3.5 runs an over.

Comment

Originally posted by bnd3 View Post
      I'm not generally seen those kind of rates often since the new patch has come out. My bowlers tend to go for between 3 and 3.5 runs an over.
      I'm using the latest version as well. Perhaps I've just been consistently unlucky.
      Must add that I use the default fields, but that shouldn't matter.

Comment

I tend to use the default fields as well. Starting with very aggressive fields for new batsmen and then moderating the aggression as they play themselves in.

My one comment at the moment on the longer formats is that there are not enough draws, especially in the County Championship. I've just finished a season and no team drew more than 2 matches. Whereas in real life, we're just over halfway through the season and no team has drawn less than 2, and most teams have already drawn 4 or 5 matches.

Comment

I completely disagree. I can struggle to get my batting strike rates above 40 and never does it go above 55 after about 30 balls (it might hover before that). But when I bowl, if my bowler goes for over 3 runs per over, I take him off and drop him for the next match. I also use the default fields mainly because I don't have the patience to create my own.

Comment

I tend to use the default fields as well. Starting with very aggressive fields for new batsmen and then moderating the aggression as they play themselves in.
            Yes. I do the same.
            I also watch all runs and wickets.

It could well be because most of the test matches I've played have been on perfect batting pitches I guess.
            Once I hit worse pitch and weather conditions, things might change.

I could well be wrong in thinking a further tweak is needed. That's why I asked for the opinions of others.

Comment

Originally posted by KGKOOLKAT777 View Post
              But when I bowl, if my bowler goes for over 3 runs per over, I take him off and drop him for the next match.
              You're a harsh task master!

Comment

You're a harsh task master!
                So much talent out there!

Comment

I've not really seen too high run rates since changing up my tactics. The last version I played a lot was 2011 i think and I used to bowl aggressively. I was getting spanked doing that in 2013 and so now I bowl on 3 all game and if a bowlers going for over 3 I'll check out the batsmens wagon wheels and move the fielders manually to stop the runs. Since then I've found it's been a bit too easy to be honest, in 5 seasons with glamorgan I got promoted to Div1, came about 4th in div 1, won div 1, second div 1 and just won div 1 again without losing a match (i'm only playing FC games). I've had the money to sign top players after my first win so I now have a line up with 2 batsmen and 2 bowlers who have played tests and numerous guys who average in the mid 20's with over 200 wickets who can't get a game due to all the talent I have. Seems too easy this year at the moment so I'm thinking of switching up to play as zimbabwe or bangladesh.

Comment

In my test series against England, the innings run rates were as follows:

479 in 133 overs (3.6)
                    608 in 144 overs (4.2)
                    278 in 87 overs (3.2)
                    150 in 35 overs (4.3)
                    611 in 130 overs (4.7)
                    194 in 63 overs (3.1)
                    364 in 91 overs (4.0)

Comment

Did you start a new game after the update?

Comment

Originally posted by KGKOOLKAT777 View Post
                        Did you start a new game after the update?
                        Yes - the game in question was started with version 13.03.

Comment

I also think test run rates are a little high still - for me and for the opposition. Also totals are perhaps a little high. I know some series are quite high scoring, but 250 is quite often a par score on certain wickets. Sometimes (like almost exactly a year ago at the Oval) you get scores like 637 for 2, but the classic ashes test last week is also typical. When I manage England or South Africa, there should also be occasions where I skittle mid-ranking teams out in no time!

I am not finding the game too hard I should stress - just a little high scoring.. I notice on my SA game both bowler and batsman averages (in my team) climbing which suggests runs aplenty!

Comment

Originally posted by Graham_5000 View Post
                            I also think test run rates are a little high still - for me and for the opposition. Also totals are perhaps a little high. I know some series are quite high scoring, but 250 is quite often a par score on certain wickets. Sometimes (like almost exactly a year ago at the Oval) you get scores like 637 for 2, but the classic ashes test last week is also typical. When I manage England or South Africa, there should also be occasions where I skittle mid-ranking teams out in no time!

I am not finding the game too hard I should stress - just a little high scoring.. I notice on my SA game both bowler and batsman averages (in my team) climbing which suggests runs aplenty!
                            Yes - the test match engine is weighted too heavily towards batting.
                            I'm not really enjoying the game as a result. Big scores at a good clip and really, really tough bowling the opposition out.

Hopefully Chris might take another look, otherwise I don't think I'll be spending as much time playing as I'd hoped.
                            Last edited by GrahamB; 07-15-2013, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham_5000 View Post

might agree actually, first thought this was about it being too hard to bowl teams out and now that you mention it teams do get bowled out leaving enough time to make the runs but in my Australia game it's rare that I bowl out a poor team for a low total. I think the lowest I've bowled someone out for is around 150 and usually around 250 seems a good score to get them all out for. My batting I'm not sure on as in this edition I've found i can bat more agressive than in previous versions but I just thought some of the australian batsmen like Hughes and khawaja had a boost. Also noticed there's an aussie named Samuel Raphael who becomes the next bradman after the first year or so when he's pushing 30 and has only a handful of FC games. Even in saves where I'm another country the australians have him dominating in tests pretty quick which seems odd for an average guy who isn't young. Is there a way to edit and check players ratings if they seem too high all the time?

Comment

Working...
                              X