Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nottinghamshire vs Somerset

Squad News:

Last of game of the season then and we play 3rd place Somerset. As long as Sussex don’t get more than 19 points, we could win the title without getting any. However, no Broad or Shahzad for this vital match, so Franks comes in with his wealth of experience.

Toss:
    Somerset win the toss and bat first.

Day 1:
    Somerset were all out for 276, meaning that we got all three bowling points. This coupled with the fact that Sussex got no batting points against Durham means we have nearly sealed the title! Hales and Cowan managed to make it through the rest of the day unbeaten, and we are in the driving seat.

Day 2:
    We finished on 380, with another century for Alex Hales, and good innings for Read and Franks. Taylor did get injured, but it is the last match of the season, so I’m not as worried.
    Somerset finished the day on 69/0

Day 3:
    At one point, Somerset looked set to give us a difficult target. However, Franks got 5 wickets in 3 overs to scupper that, and give us a slightly easier target to chase.
    We finish on 132-3, in a strong position. The result is now irrelevant though, as a Sussex defeat has guaranteed us the title! A great FC season this year, and we will need to build on that next year.

Day 4:
    A comfortable win, and we crack out the champagne to celebrate the title win in style!

Batting Award:
    A Hales – Another vital century for Hales, surely a candidate for the test team.

Bowling Award:
    Paul Franks – The veteran with a devastating spell in the 2nd innings to spark a major batting collapse

Nottinghamshire supporter and proud!

Comment

Tables

County Championship

One Day

T20

Comment

County Championship Stats:

Season Summary:

Players:

Comment

One Day Stats:

Season Summary:

Players:

Comment

T20 Stats

Season Summary:

Players:

Comment

Transfers:

In:

Joe Sayers
              Chris Gayle (main)
              Martin Guptill (reserve)
              Jack Follett (Youth player)
              Will Porterfield
              Michael Bates
              David Payne
              James Fuller
              Matt Coles
              Sunil Narine (T20)
              Mitch McClenaghan

Out:
              David Hussey
              Iain Butler
              Ed Cowan
              Jacob Ball
              Harry Gurney

Retired:
              Ben Phillips
              Andre Adams
              Paul Franks

Lots of ins and outs for Nottinghamshire, but I am very happy with the new arrivals. Very impressed with my new bowlers. Coles, Fuller and Payne all had very good seasons last year, and I’m hopeful that they can continue that. Hussey was a target but will be playing for Leics next year in the T20. Ball and Gurney didn’t really make enough progress for my liking either, so they left. Sayers and Porterfield will help contribute to the batting line up as well. Some good overseas players as well, 2 WIndians, and 2 Kiwis. All are very capable and I look set for next season.

Comment

Just realised Gayle is on IPL duty... probably should have thought about that.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveK93 View Post
                  Just realised Gayle is on IPL duty... probably should have thought about that.
                  In last years game IPL guys ended up missing over 50% of the season ..... I feel your pain !

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog View Post
                    In last years game IPL guys ended up missing over 50% of the season ..... I feel your pain !
                    I'm gutted! All my other players didn't go. Ah well, at least I got some good signings in, I can cover the loss.

Comment

I'm gutted! All my other players didn't go. Ah well, at least I got some good signings in, I can cover the loss.
                      Did it say he was available for 100% of season ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog View Post
                        Did it say he was available for 100% of season ?
                        I don't remember now, he only wanted 47.5k, so I decided to go for it, but I couldn't remember when the WIndies were next due in the UK.
                        I then got Guptill as reserve, on the basis the Kiwis have not long been in England, so it's unlikely I'll be missing two players.

Comment

I don't remember now, he only wanted 47.5k, so I decided to go for it, but I couldn't remember when the WIndies were next due in the UK.
                          I then got Guptill as reserve, on the basis the Kiwis have not long been in England, so it's unlikely I'll be missing two players.
                          I got lucky, no WIndies touring this year!

Comment

Nottinghamshire vs MCC

Squad News:

Season opener then, no major detail for this friendly.

Nottinghamshire vs Oxford UCCE

Squad News:

Same principle as the MCC match

Comment

Nottinghamshire vs Essex

Squad News:

We start our season against the winners of Division 2. Follett, Patel and the injured Bates all miss out, so Swann, Porterfield and Sayers all come in.

Toss:
                              Essex win the toss and choose to bat

Day 1:
                              A good start to our campaign as we bowl Essex out for 252. All the bowlers contributed, with Coles and Payne getting 3 each. I have the luxury of a great bowling unit this season, and can rotate freely, so the likes of Fletcher and Shahzad will also get some games. I do lack a good 2nd spinner though, so I will be creating seaming pitches for most matches I feel.
                              Notts managed to reach 83-0 at the close, Guptill one short of his half century.

Day 2:
                              We finished on 348, as Guptill fell just short of the century. We looked set for a bigger total, but Swann (44) had to leave the field with injury, which was a massive blow. Still, we have a decent lead, and in poor weather conditions, we need to capitalise.
                              Coles and Broad put Essex to the sword before the close, leaving them on 49-3, still 47 behind. At this point, we are in the driving seat.

Day 3:
                              We bowled well at the start, as Essex were all out for 207, leaving us 112 to win. The bowlers stepped up without Swann, as Coles got 4 wickets, although his economy rate will need a bit of work. Very pleasing from the new arrivals so far.
                              A comfortable win. We lost Guptill for 47, but otherwise, no problems.

Batting Award:
                              Martin Guptill – Two good performances for the Kiwi.

Bowling Award:
                              Matt Coles – 7 in the match, showing signs of his talent

Comment

Probably should add, if you want to challenge my Notts team, keep an eye out for NottsOnline, and I'll be quite happy to give you a game.

Comment

Working...
                                X