X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graham_5000
    replied
    At the moment there are two factors affecting how the pitch plays in the game: eveness of bounce and wear/rough. How about introducing a third parameter - pace..

A fast wicket with a true bounce will help batsman and hinder most bowlers apart from Fast and to a lesser extent Fast-medium bowlers. Medium-fast and medium bowlers would gain nothing. A fast wicket with uneven bounce would help the bowlers but as the ball is generally coming onto the bat it may still be possible for a skilled batsman to score some runs.

A slow, even bouncing pitch will generally help all batsmen apart from those who want to score quickly (cf the oval 2012 England vs South Africa). Bowlers will struggle to get batsmen out who are playing a grafting game. Spinners might have some luck, especially as it wears.
    A slow pitch with uneven bounce will be tricky to score on and bowlers may have luck with LBWS etc, although edges may not carry etc etc

You get the gist - would add an interesting tactical element to batting and bowling if pitches had a pace, wear and bounce parameter in addition to weather factors.. It would certainly create more variance in what is considered a par score from wicket to wicket and format to format.

Any thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• bryce87
    replied
    Two very small features I think need to be added:

1)Allow the AI to pick bowlers, allrounders and 'keepers as captains. Ever since the first ICC the AI will only ever pick the most experienced batsman as captain. The only exception is say when you start say a NZ game and Vettori has already been somehow pre-assigned as captain.

2)In the English county game at the end of season contracts, make it so there are no signing of any reserve overseas players. Instead when an overseas player becomes injured or selected for a T20 league or their country during the county season immediately bring up a list of available overseas players to sign. Too often both my overseas and reserve overseas players will be stuck playing in T20 leagues at the same time which defeats the purpose of selecting reserve overseas players.

Leave a comment:

• Graham_5000
    replied
    Originally posted by essexarsenal View Post
    Few things from me,
    2. International teams change so quickly. In one year you have youth players playing for england instead of the current young players like Hales, Bairstow, Butler etc. Links into 3rd point.

3. Youth players can be to good. When you have youth coaching on 50k, you get to good youth players, in their first year of county cricket are scoring way more runs than anyone else.
    I think the youth balance is good. Last year in real life de Lange and Cummins appeared from nowhere and made a splash so it can happen. Personally I have not had a first season youth player appear and go on to play for country and I spend 50K on it.
    Last edited by Sureshot; 07-30-2012, 11:56 AM. Reason: Fixed quote tags

Leave a comment:

• benhubbs
    replied
    Training to be an Opener?

This is an idea now as the "opener in xxx" category is now on the batting preferences screen for each player: could it be possible to train a batsman to open in the coach & physio screen, along with the current options to train in fast/spin legside/offside back/front batting as present? It's not a major thing and I'm opening with a batsman who can't open atm, just a possible other option when you're on the coaching screen May be a problem with the code though if you train a bowler to open though, but maybe it's not a hard one possibly to implement in the game.

Leave a comment:

• Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog
    replied
    Cheers Chris

Leave a comment:

• cricfan1
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris Child View Post
    Yes, but the 2nd update is just some minor bug fixes.
    appreciate Dr Chris for such Hard work

Leave a comment:

• Chris Child
    replied
    Yes, but the 2nd update is just some minor bug fixes.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Imager36 View Post
    Hate to ruin the suspense, but it is now, DvDDD.
    Hah

So the update I did this morning for 23/24 is out of date already

Leave a comment:

• Chris Child
    replied
    Indeed it is. Nigel will be posting about this shortly.

Leave a comment:

• Imager36
    replied
    Originally posted by Dick Van Dykes Disco Dog View Post
    When will this update be available Chris ?
    Hate to ruin the suspense, but it is now, DvDDD.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Chris Child View Post
    Although this off-side tactic can work, taking wickets is also an effective way of keeping the score down in T20 matches. In the 12.25/12.26 update batsmen are a little more intelligent about hitting out against defensive fields.
    When will this update be available Chris ?

Leave a comment:

• Shax
    replied
    Saeed Ajmal bowlings needs to be improved a lot along with Shahid Afridi. They hardly get any wickets.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Child
    replied
    Although this off-side tactic can work, taking wickets is also an effective way of keeping the score down in T20 matches. In the 12.25/12.26 update batsmen are a little more intelligent about hitting out against defensive fields.

Leave a comment:

• cricfan1
    replied
    Can we expect Year last Played A retired Player

Year played Last ODI
    Year Played Last Test
    Year Played last T-20

This is very essential as to identified when a player is retire from particular form of game

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Alrounder80 View Post
    I am never forced to use such fields untill the last four overs of a T20 match and the last 10 overs of a ODI match. I set my own custom fields which work for me. The fact is, the game is hugely improved since the last few versions. Even Scritty, who was unimpressed with several previous versions, acknowledged this. Why can't you appreciate this rather than continously ask for changes which are not needed?
    I guess some people are never happy ....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X