Nottinghamshire Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GrahamB View Post
    Well done on a successful season. You did cut it very fine in the County Championship though!

I won't be accepting the England job should I ever be offered it, because I wouldn't then have full control over my County team, but what you do is entirely up to you.
    I really under-estimated teams at times, fortunately my youngsters came good when I needed them the most!

And that was my main concern, I think I may leave England for a different save, should I ever get bored of this one.
    Nottinghamshire supporter and proud!

Comment

• NEW SEASON

The friendlies screenshots can be seen below, first match of the season coming right up…

Notts vs MCC

Notts vs Cambs UCCE

Not particularly impressive, certainly work to do with the bowling department. The Cambridge match was appalling. The MCC match was amusing though, probably a fair result, but we chased that in 15 overs, which was encouraging.

Comment

• Going to be taking a break from this story for a little bit, as I'd like to do an international story. I will keep updating this one occasionally, but I'm going to focus on my other story for a little bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaveK93 View Post
          Going to be taking a break from this story for a little bit, as I'd like to do an international story. I will keep updating this one occasionally, but I'm going to focus on my other story for a little bit.
          Every one story has either English session that always good or International
          But no one has started Australia story session ....
          After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
          Is my Next Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by cricfan1 View Post
            Every one story has either English session that always good or International
            But no one has started Australia story session ....
            May that be an area in which you should go for? I have considered it in the past, but having been playing as Nottinghamshire to start this time, the natural progression seems to be to move to international level.

Comment

• Notts vs Durham

We start against Durham, looking to start well this year. The team for the first match is

J Denly
              A Ellis
              J Taylor
              K Hurley
              S Patel
              K Tennison
              R Wessels
              S Broad
              G Swann
              A Carter
              L Fletcher

A strong squad, but does lack some players playing the IPL.

This match had pretty much everything; runs, wickets and a win for me! We started well, and quickly; our first innings was over before the end of day 1.

Durham also batted fairly well, getting a marginal first innings lead, and when we posted a lacklustre 293, things didn’t look as promising. Fortunately, the pitch had finally started to show some signs of life, and the bowlers were able to capitalise, stopping Durham short of their target.

A good all-round first game of the season, but we will look to be continuing this against Surrey, who will be looking for revenge after we pipped them to the title last season.

NB: It’s worth noting that Karl Turner barely played over the 2 years he was at the club for me, but on his first match for Durham, he scores a century. Oops. Hopefully, that won’t continue, and my decision to release him will be vindicated.

Comment

• Notts vs Surrey

J Denly
                A Ellis
                J Taylor
                K Hurley
                S Patel
                K Tennison
                R Wessels
                S Broad
                G Swann
                A Carter
                L Fletcher

Same team that played the last match, hoping for another strong performance.

An entertaining match, and once again our bowlers proved they are capable at the death. Tennison and Hurley both performed well with the bat, getting 133 each, and both being important as they held together the innings. Special mention to Andy Carter on this as well, who stuck with Hurley in the second innings, getting 26, before being injured by a Tremlett bouncer. He will be out for 3 weeks. It also left us a bowler light in the second innings, which gives the bowlers more credit,for still skittling Surrey. Overall, I’m happy, but there is still room to improve yet.

Comment

• Notts vs Warwicks

J Denly
                  A Ellis
                  J Taylor
                  K Hurley
                  T Smith
                  K Tennison
                  C Read
                  S Broad
                  G Swann
                  T Craddock
                  L Fletcher

3 changes for this match, with Carter being replaced by Craddock through injury. This means Patel is dropped in favour of Smith, a third pace bowler. Wessels is also replaced by Read, after displaying poor form so far this year.

On the basis that I played this match quite a long time ago, I’ve no idea what happened apart from we drew, and Varun Chopra got runs against us again! Next time I play a match, I’ll try and remember to do the match report before leaving the story for a bit.

Essex next.

Comment

Working...
                  X