• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ohh 183 looks to be too far won in 49th over
    After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
    Is my Next Dream

Comment

• Your Windies side are proving tough to beat these days.

Mind you, several members (probably Pakistanis though?) have been saying that Pakistan is crap in this version.

Comment

• One of the closest and best matches I've played on ICC12...

We bowled first, and we bowled poorly. Everyone except the spinners went for at least 5.5 runs an over, and had Narine and Gayle not bowled 19 overs between them, 300 would have been on the cards again. They made 261 though, and I would have said that was above par.

Gayle was out 3rd ball for a duck, and Burton fell not long after for 18. Paul stuck around but was removed for 22 from 46, whilst Shiv got into his groove at the other end. Darren Bravo played well as we needed to up the run rate, and his 44 from 36 managed that. Chanderpaul fell for 86 from 94, but Browne fell quickly for 7. Pollard got himself bowled, and Smith went soon after, leaving us 224/8 needing 38 from the last 3 men inside 6 overs. Russell gave it a go, making 16 from 16, but when he was out with 2 overs to go and 18 needed, it seemed over. We secured 7, including an edged four, a two, a single, and 3 played and misses, from the 49th over. We needed 11 from 6. Single. Single. Play and miss. Single. Pascal on strike, 8 needed from 2. All over. He edges the next ball for four, and plays a beautiful pull shot to finish the innings off. Wow.

Series State - West Indies have won the series, and lead 4-0 with 1 to play.
        Batting Award - Shiv Chanderpaul - 6th half century in 7 ODI innings this year.
        Bowling Award - Sunil Narine - Along with Gayle, the only man to have any sort of control.

Team News - Smith out for Hinds.

Originally posted by GrahamB View Post
        Your Windies side are proving tough to beat these days.

Mind you, several members (probably Pakistanis though?) have been saying that Pakistan is crap in this version.
        At the moment... I agree with that, their batting looks underrated but in the game so far they've had good bowling in the ODIs but not good batting. They did draw the tests with me though. I think my main test will be England at home later in the year! (Not to diss your boys )

Comment

• And a simple win for the end of the series.

The bowling was back to normal, working a treat. Pascal's 6 and Pollard's 2 shouldn't mean we overlook the spinners' contributions. Between Hinds and Narine, their figures were 20-3-42-1. Not too shabby. Pascal came back, and bowled out the rest to leave us chasing 169.

We lost only 2 wickets in our chase, Gayle for 4 when the score was 16, and Burton for 67 from 115 balls when the score was already 153. Simple.

Series State - West Indies win the series 5-0.
          Batting Award - Chanderpaul/Burton - A partnership of 137, and I don't want to just give it to Shiv every time.
          Bowling Award - Nelon Pascal - You can't not give it to a man who's taken 6.

So, now, we move on to 2 T20Is against the same opponents. Lush.

Squad News - With Simmons out for just long enough to end this series, Browne stays, and the only squad change is Smith out for Dwayne Bravo.

Team News - Bishoo and Dwayne Bravo in for Narine and Pascal.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrahamB View Post
            Your Windies side are proving tough to beat these days.

Yeah Im not pakistani, Im from NZ, but i play as pakistan and they are not good as previous versions.

Good job on controlling west indies though. Annoying for me is that after 4 years narine hasn't even been given his test debut in the game when playing against them.

Comment

• A good, close T20 to start the 'series'.

It was an interesting match, all told. The scoring was decent, but no one individual took the match on for either side. Unfortunately that leaves me with very little to talk about. We bowled averagely as a unit, with Bishoo and Hinds particularly impressing. 148 seemed chaseable with our long batting line-up.

In the end, we needed all of those batsmen! Wickets regularly fell, and at the start we were 23/3. Shiv, Darren, Pollard, Browne, Hinds and Dwayne all chipped in, and we made it with only a single ball to spare.

Series State - West Indies are 1-0 up with 1 to play.
              Batting Award - Chanderpaul/Darren/Pollard - 20-odd each. Not special.
              Bowling Award - Ryan Hinds - Bowled 4 overs for 19 runs. Pretty damned good.

Team News - None.

Originally posted by wasim_akram View Post
              Good job on controlling west indies though. Annoying for me is that after 4 years narine hasn't even been given his test debut in the game when playing against them.
              I don't know what to think about that, really. I mean, I don't imagine he'll be as successful in real life as he has been for me - a West Indian Mendis, maybe? He's still my second test spinner though, Bishoo has been successful for me.

Comment

• And a good end to the 'series' too!

We batted first, not by choice, but managed to get a good score. Gayle made 49 from 31 balls, and his opening partner Burton made 18 from 10 balls. Paul was out for 4 from 7. Darren made 15 from 10, Pollard 9 from 4, Browne was out for 1 and Hinds for 11. We were 147/7, but an unbeaten partnership between Shiv and Dwayne B of 41 took us to a good score.

The opening partnership was worth 36, and the second was worth exactly 140, taking them within 13 of their victory target, with 8 balls remaining. They took 3 off the next 2, to leave them wanting 10 from the final over. Tense stuff. Single, single, wicket, wicket. It was sealed, they needed 8 from 2. Four! Not so sealed. Wicket! Sealed.

Series State - West Indies win the series 2-0 (and are catapulted into 2nd equal with Aus and NZ in the world rankings).
                Batting Award - Shiv Chanderpaul - Yeah.
                Bowling Award - Devendra Bishoo - Economy! 4 overs, 26 runs.

Okay, so, next up for my team is a 5 month rest, and then a tour of the beautiful New Zealand. Here are the 18 men who will contend the 3 test matches for us. With no warm up games, it's fair to say some of the younger members might be here for sightseeing and nets. The usual captain, Ravi Rampaul, is injured, and Kirk Edwards will take his leadership position.

Originally posted by CAPTAINLESS

C. Gayle (OASP)
                K. Powell (O)
                L. Simmons (OK)
                S. Chanderpaul (BAT)
                K. Edwards (BAT) (C)
                Darren Bravo (BAT)
                B. Nash (BAT)
                S. Burton (BAT)
                K. Pollard (ALL)
                R. Hinds (ASP)
                Dwayne Bravo (ALL)
                D. Ramdin (K)
                M. Browne (K)
                A. Russell (SEAM)
                J. Holder (SEAM)
                D. Bishoo (SPIN)
                S. Narine (SPIN)
                K. Roach (SEAM)
                Burton and Browne are the two mainly set for the nets, but Jason Holder is new to my squads. A young seamer who can bat just a little more than the other bits of rubbish, he's been incredibly impressive in domestic cricket, and will get his chance in the first test ahead of Pollard, Roach or an extra batsman. Which means, all told, the 7 to miss out are - (Deep breath) Burton, Browne, Simmons, Nash, Hinds, Pollard and Roach. Good luck keeping up with that... Basically, it's my attacking test team but with Holder in for the injured Rampaul.
                Last edited by Imager36; 08-03-2012, 11:31 PM.

Comment

• Never underestimate a side you've disrespected.

We lost the toss. No issue. We bowled, possibly slightly more poorly than we would have wanted in an ideal world. Wickets fell fairly consistently, with no collapses for them, and no partnerships higher than 78 (the opening one). Only 3 of their 11 were out for single figures though, and of the remaining 8, all except one scored over 35. Shame. I would have liked an easy victory.

Now. Then it hit us. The moments that changed the match, after lunch on the second day. I'm not going to run you through every batsman that failed. That would take too long. All I'll say is that soon we were 31/5. And not long after that we were 66/7. Only 51 from Russell, 36 from new boy Holder and 32* from Bishoo gave us any of our pride back at all. Their regen bowler Banks had destroyed our top order.

Their second innings was much like their first, in that no-one succeeded and no-one failed, except for the addition of 60 more runs to Watling. There was no positive declaration, and the wicket of Boult from Holder left us needing to chase 544 or survive 5 sessions. Now I think about it, I should have bowled defensively at the tail enders to minimize that time. But you know me, do first, think later.

We managed to survive 4 sessions, which wasn't a bad effort. Gayle was out for a dot, and Powell for 23, but Shiv stuck around with captain Kirk (I mainly employed him so I could use that) in a partnership of 113. The tail were trash, however, and we slumped from 257/3 to 322 all out, and were left to ponder what might have been if any of Dwayne, Ramdin or Andre had stepped up to the plate.

Series State - New Zealand lead the series 1-0 with 2 matches to play.
                  Batting Award - Kirk Edwards - Captain's knock in the second innings, with an unbeaten hundred.
                  KirkStat - That's his 6th test hundred for me, and 8th in all in only 18 tests. He's currently averaging 62.48 in tests, and this season that's up to a whopping 77.29!
                  Bowling Award - Jason Holder - Bowled well on a pitch that offered him little. 7 wickets for just under 200 runs is no mean feat, especially on début.

Team News - Sensing the need for immediate change and strengthening the batting, Simmons makes his test keeping début, opening instead of the disappointing Powell, and Nash comes in for the obsolete Ramdin.

Comment

• A bore draw.

I played most of this match yesterday, and so won't comment on it in too much detail! We won the toss and batted, soon advancing to 195/1 before both the openers were out. Darren put on 94 with Shiv, and Nash put on 88 with Dwayne to move us beyond 400 and make us think we were in with a chance.

We got Guptill out for 12, but the next partnership was worth 203 runs in total. 2 ducks followed as 3 wickets fell for no runs, but Brownlie and Taylor made sure we would not have a first innings lead.

Our second innings started poorly, and at 147/4, we were in a sticky patch. Luckily, the combined forces of Darren and Nash put on 202, and we were quite definitely out of it. By the time we were bowled out, we'd just got a lead of over 300 and had 2 sessions to bowl the Zealanders out.

The seamers took 2 wickets each, but Taylor held out for the black caps.

Series State - New Zealand lead the series 1-0 with 1 to play.
                    Batting Award - Gayle/Shiv/Darren/Nash - Not often you get 4 centuries on one side, but they all deserve accolades.
                    Bowling Award - Dwayne Bravo - 6 wickets in all, a good performance after a bad run.

Team News - Roach comes in for Bishoo in a straight seamer/spinner swap.

Comment

• I swear this isn't the same NZ we played last year. I call foul play.

Won the toss and batted, and made a pitiful 413. We were 45/2 by the time the openers had gone, but a great captain's innings from Kirk and valuable support play from Shiv, Darren and Nash gave us a good total. Kirk was out going for big runs with Roach, and the innings was soon over.

They started adequately, with an opening partnership of 319. All the bowlers charged in, but they were, to be frank, toothless. Only a run out ended it, and we were in trouble again. We made inroads and reduced them to 368/4, but partnerships 5, 6 and 7 produced enough runs to take them to a total they could declare on, about 130 ahead.

We knew we had to win the test, so tried to get to a position about 200 ahead before declaring and challenging NZ. Despite a shaky middle order, we managed it due to Andre Russell and, of course, Lendl Simmons' first test century, 150 not out. I let them both get to their milestones, and then declared with just under 2 sessions left, 214 ahead.

Jason Holder sensed his time had come, and removed the top 3 cheaply, leaving NZ struggling at 39/3. One from Dwayne and 3 from Sunil had them reeling at 142/7 with about an hour left of play. But unlike the NZ we saw last year, and unlike the West Indies we were at home, we let it slip. Ross Taylor was sensational, knocking 80 from 78 balls, and Banks stayed with him to make it a win for NZ.

Series State - New Zealand win 2-0.
                      Batting Award - Edwards/Simmons - Two big hundreds to give us a chance in the match.
                      Bowling Award - Holder/Narine - Both of them pulled together to make us think we had a chance in the latter stages of that match. Unfortunately, we didn't.

Next up, 5 ODIs against that same team. Here's the 15 man squad.

Originally posted by Squadlingtons

C. Gayle (OASP)
                      L. Simmons (OK)
                      S. Chanderpaul (BAT) (C)
                      K. Edwards (BAT)
                      Darren Bravo (BAT)
                      S. Burton (BAT)
                      M. Paul (BAT)
                      K. Pollard (ALL)
                      R. Hinds (ASP)
                      A. Russell (ALL)
                      J. Holder (SEAM)
                      D. Bishoo (SPIN)
                      K. Roach (SEAM)
                      S. Narine (SPIN)
                      N. Pascal (SEAM)
                      Slightly all-rounder light, I'd agree, but all 3 will play most matches. For the first of the ODIs, Burton, Paul, Bishoo and Pascal miss out, leaving Holder to make his ODI début and Simmons to return behind the stumps and topping the order.

Comment

• Back to the New Zealand we knew.

We won the toss, on a good pitch, and set about bowling. BJ Watling went for 2, but Guptill and Williamson put on 61 to put NZ back in a good place. Guptill fell, and Ryder went early, but Taylor helped Kane to put on 99 and leave them 182/3 and then 4. Narine dismissed Kane and then de Boorder and Franklin. Taylor made all the runs he could with the tail, but he was dismissed in the end as Roach ran through the lower order.

We coasted to our total, with Gayle making 40, Shiv getting out for an uncharacteristic 8, and Kirk (44) and Darren (35) completing the job, although Simmons was unlucky to miss out on his century.

Series State - West Indies lead 1-0 with 4 to play.
                        Batting Award - Lendl Simmons - The best batsman out there today.
                        Bowling Award - Sunil Narine - 3 wickets for 27 from 10 overs. Very good from the spinner.

Team News - Jason Holder gets the chance to make up for his failings - No changes.

Comment

• A stunning century from Pollard and 10 wickets in 30 overs - a simple win.

2 early wickets fell, leaving us 12/2, but an unusually slow partnership between Gayle and Edwards left us in a decent position to attack, but only a small base to fire from. Darren came in and hit 28 from 26, but at the end of his partnership with Kirk, we were 127/4 midway through the 32nd over. Kieron Pollard came in. He faced roughly half of the remaining innings, not particularly hogging the strike, but made a phenomenal 103 not out, including 13 fours and 4 sixes. Edwards fell late in the piece, and none of the tail helped him, but they stuck around just long enough to finish the innings.

On a very tough pitch to bowl on, they had no chance, but they gave it a go and were all out early. Roach took 3, Russell one, Holder was wicketless, and Pollard, Narine and Hinds took 2 each.

Series State - West Indies lead 2-0 with 3 to play.
                          Batting Award - Kieron Pollard - Bloomin' awesome.
                          Bowling Award - Kemar Roach - Really set the pace, but Pollard's innings left little to do.

Team News - None at all.

Comment

• Can you add information The date on which this match will be played we can know the session
                            After Historical Retired Players Stats ,Captains Record
                            Is my Next Dream

Comment

• A good pitch, but probably our best ODI batting performance to date.

Our innings had almost everything as we lost the toss - a slow start after an early wicket, a good, almost run a ball innings from an opener, and some brilliant late order hitting. All it was missing was twin centuries from the late hitter and the opener. Gayle was out early, and Shiv and Edwards struggled to get the ball off the square in their innings. Simmons had no such problems, and after Bravo had come in, went for 89 from 96, when a hundred was deserved. Darren played second fiddle to Pollard for a while, who managed 46 from 28, and then exploded himself, eventually getting 99 from 67. Ryan Hinds got 37 from 27 unbeaten at the death, and Russell hit a 6 in his 2 ball innings.

We got 2 early wickets to almost secure the match, but Jesse Ryder hit a phenomenal 107 from 87 balls to put them back in it. No-one else was up to the task though, really, and so Russell's 3 and the same for Hinds took us to victory.

Series State - West Indies win the series 3-0, with 2 matches to play.
                              Batting Award - Bravo/Simmons - Played equally important parts, and were both seriously unlucky to miss out on tons.
                              Bowling Award - Ryan Hinds - Dangerous, and limited the runs a little more than others.

Team News - Well, the series is over, and you know how I like playing around. Therefore, Burton, Paul, Bishoo and Pascal come in for Darren, Hinds, Russell and Narine.

Comment

• Right, let's do these both together seeing as though they matter not.

First up, a fairly regulation victory.

We bowled first, and all the bowlers bowled to a similar level. Holder was dangerous at the start of his spell, removing Williamson, Taylor and Guptill, but was not as effective when brought back on later. Bishoo failed to keep the runs down as well as Narine would have. De Boorder was destructive for them.

After a good start by Simmons, Chanderpaul and Gayle, it felt like the match was sewn up. I promoted Burton to number 4 to make a telling contribution, which he failed to do, and Paul to 5 for the same reason, with the same result. Edwards came in at 6 and also failed. Kieron Pollard came in and smashed the ball in his 38* though, and when Gayle was out, Holder held up an end.

Series State - West Indies have won the series and lead 4-0 with 1 match to play.
                                Batting Award - Chris Gayle - 79, in quickfire style.
                                Bowling Award - Jason Holder - Took 3 good wickets in the early part of his spell.

Secondly, a match-winning innings that failed to win the match.

Despite numbers 2, 3 and 4 scoring 15 between them, the New Zealanders were 77/3 by the time they were gone due to the aggressive nature of Guptill's innings. The lower order picked up valuable runs for them again, with de Boorder again looking in prime form.

We were soon 16/2, as both openers went for single figures. Then, still at number 4, came Shane Burton, who produced what will probably turn out to be the innings of his life, knowing my luck. It was not only his first ODI hundred, but his first List A hundred of any kind, and came at the good pace of 125 balls. Apart from Shiv's 49 however, he lacked support, and only one other batsman (Paul, 11) made double digits. We crumbled from 153/3 to 208 all out, with Burton trying to farm the strike but failing to protect some of his lower order colleagues.

Series State - West Indies win the series 4-1.
                                Batting Award - Shane Burton - Let's hope that's the first of many in a West Indies shirt.
                                Bowling Award - Jason Holder - Again, a dangerous customer.

OKAY. Brilliant. 2 T20Is against the black caps. SQUAD TIME.

Originally posted by NU influence

C. Gayle (OASP)
                                L. Simmons (OK)
                                S. Chanderpaul (BAT) (C)
                                K. Edwards (BAT)
                                Darren Bravo (BAT)
                                S. Burton (BAT)
                                K. Pollard (ALL)
                                D. Smith (ALL)
                                Dwayne Bravo (ALL)
                                R. Hinds (ASP)
                                A. Russell (ALL)
                                J. Holder (SEAM)
                                D. Bishoo (SPIN)
                                K. Roach (SEAM)
                                S. Narine (SPIN)
                                Okay, it's much the same as the ODI squad, but I forgot the exact changes . Anyway, Edwards, Hinds, Smith and Roach miss out from that 15. I was going to play Roach for Holder, but I realised Holder's domestic T20 strike rate is 9.53. Yeah, 9.53.

Comment

Working...
                                X