Stats - Not added in 2011, So...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scritty View Post
    This year - at best - it will be a user made addon. (with all the hassle of remembering to save every single match and season stats...one missing = wrong/useless stats)

The hope is that in 2012 it will be incorporated in the game. It's not as if the game is a resource hog. Barely see my CPU monitor hover above 3% with it running and it takes less HD space than a 5 minute Youtube clip.

Still...fingers crossed we get access to a decent export.
    I m still happy with what we got this year.

Comment

Originally posted by imcoolgerald View Post
      I m still happy with what we got this year.
      Yeah - it's a good game. For the first time it's not enough of an advancement for me to buy it - but it's still a decent game.

That's probably the frustration. That a game that has such a good game engine and plays so smoothly and crash free hasn't - in 13 years and 12 iterations - got round to having anything more than the most cursory skim at stats.

I wish CC and the guys all the best, and maybe it's something I will buy ever 2/3 years in future (like I do with some other annual titles - I used to buy Tiger Woods every 2nd or 3rd year so there was enough new content to warrant it, Madden was the same. I still prefer MLB The Show 2010 so won't update that for another 7 months when 2012 comes out on PS3.

OOTP and FM I buy most years (and I don't even like football that much).

Stats are totally vital to the enjoyment of cricket as a sim for me. It's always been a great on pitch experience (give or take) but stats are a gaping hole - and from I'm sat - such an obvious omission that I can't quite understand why they have been neglected so long.

There are more stats in the new Masters Golf than their are in Cricket Captain - and Masters is basically an arcade game...

Scritty
      The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

Yeah - it's a good game. For the first time it's not enough of an advancement for me to buy it - but it's still a decent game.

That's probably the frustration. That a game that has such a good game engine and plays so smoothly and crash free hasn't - in 13 years and 12 iterations - got round to having anything more than the most cursory skim at stats.

I wish CC and the guys all the best, and maybe it's something I will buy ever 2/3 years in future (like I do with some other annual titles - I used to buy Tiger Woods every 2nd or 3rd year so there was enough new content to warrant it, Madden was the same. I still prefer MLB The Show 2010 so won't update that for another 7 months when 2012 comes out on PS3.

OOTP and FM I buy most years (and I don't even like football that much).

Stats are totally vital to the enjoyment of cricket as a sim for me. It's always been a great on pitch experience (give or take) but stats are a gaping hole - and from I'm sat - such an obvious omission that I can't quite understand why they have been neglected so long.

There are more stats in the new Masters Golf than their are in Cricket Captain - and Masters is basically an arcade game...

Scritty

We will get more features and stats for ICC in future,which is what i believe.

Comment

Originally posted by alex.scargill View Post
          We will get more features and stats for ICC in future,which is what i believe.
          Yes - we were told that last year.
          It was strongly implied (by the devs) that they would be included this year.
          It's the killer for me this year. I've played the demo and the differences between that and ICC2010 just aren't enough to justify even £15.

I may get it when it's in Game for a fiver in February.

Scritty
          The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

Yes - we were told that last year.
            It was strongly implied (by the devs) that they would be included this year.
            It's the killer for me this year. I've played the demo and the differences between that and ICC2010 just aren't enough to justify even £15.

I may get it when it's in Game for a fiver in February.

Scritty
            The game is worth buying so go for it,which will help further development of the game.

Comment

I thought I was the only one sad\geeky enough to want to compile my own stats outside of the game. You guys are hardcore and I salute you. Kinda makes my notepads and spreadsheet and with tab after tab of information seem rather amateurish.

Comment

Sorry for the long holdup, was busy with exams and a "Go Live" of a project.

I Need a few saved scorecards (for any type of Game) to make sure I covered all the basis before I make the application available.

if Anyone please help with a few different saved Scorecards it will be much appreciated.
                Last edited by Blade007; 08-23-2011, 08:29 PM.

Comment

downloadable stats would be the most enjoyable thing for me

i have my own database i created to store the career stats for every player - it just becomes a bit of a pain to take a screen shot of each player profile then enter the stats into the database by hand

Comment

Originally posted by Berkley View Post
                    The game is worth buying so go for it,which will help further development of the game.
                    I agree to a point. I have 13 versions of this game (I have ICC2002 3x)
                    Many of these cost very much more than the current £15 per year asking price.

I've bought the last 2 years updates purely to support the developers as they have added no features that interest me.
                    There comes a point where I need to draw a line.

I'm glad the new features are adding value for many of the player base, but to keep giving money to something that has stopped returning any value for me isn't something I'm going to do.

The next cricket game I buy will be
                    • CC with a VASTLY more stable engine
                    • ICC with a vastly improved stats package
                    • Another game that usurps these 2
                    • Nothing

And if the existing games don't improve I will happily keep playing ICC2002 and sim based on other sports.

Scritty

Comment

Originally posted by Blade007 View Post
                      Sorry for the long holdup, was busy with exams and a "Go Live" of a project.

I Need a few saved scorecards (for any type of Game) to make sure I covered all the basis before I make the application available.

if Anyone please help with a few different saved Scorecards it will be much appreciated.
                      How do you save scorecards?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadlyVenom View Post
                        How do you save scorecards?
                        On the Main Menu, click Fixtures & Results, then click on a completed match. Click "Save scorecard...".

The scorecard will be saved on your computer in the same folder as your saved game.
                        My collection: ICC 2005 || ICC 2009 || ICC 2011 || ICC 2012

Comment

Why can a man of the series/player of the series function not be added into the game... It would be an interesting statistical addition to icc...

Comment

That's a good suggestion, would work well with a tournament/series/league stat introduction.

Comment

Working...
                            X