No announcement yet.

Stats - Not added in 2011, So...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My VB app started by using an exact string match on the full name from the scorecards. A right royal pain in the backside.

I'm certain there is a unique player ID in the game (there was in ICC2002 when Magpie was developed).

I've just finished coding the EWCB "MVP" for my own team and will implement that as well if I get around to it. It gives a far better "man of the match" award than currently

Bluehost - Top rated web hosting provider - Free 1 click installs For blogs, shopping carts, and more. Get a free domain name, real NON-outsourced 24/7 support, and superior speed. web hosting provider php hosting cheap web hosting, Web hosting, domain names, front page hosting, email hosting. We offer affordable hosting, web hosting provider business web hosting, ecommerce hosting, unix hosting. Phone support available, Free Domain, and Free Setup.

Looking forward to getting back into this project.
    Since starting this thread I've decided there is no way I am going to buy another strategy or text based sports sim of any variety that doesn't have the proper stats in. I'm downloading the trial to check the output format of 2011 - but I have no intention what-so-ever of buying it.

Scritty
    The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

Originally posted by Scritty View Post
      My VB app started by using an exact string match on the full name from the scorecards. A right royal pain in the backside.
      I Am using the same method but I know it is going to bite me in the ass down the line.

But there is no other way with the current score scorecards.

I'm downloading the trial to check the output format of 2011 - but I have no intention what-so-ever of buying it.
      No need to wast your time, I have downloaded it yesterday and the scorecards look exactly the same.

Comment

Quick reply to this. Not ignoring this but will be busy fixing various bits today and possibly tomorrow so the game is ready for the CD Master, so will reply to this (have pointed Chris to the thread) later.

Comment

Originally posted by Sureshot View Post
          Quick reply to this. Not ignoring this but will be busy fixing various bits today and possibly tomorrow so the game is ready for the CD Master, so will reply to this (have pointed Chris to the thread) later.
          Looking forward to a possible solution to the problem.

Comment

bumping this as was looking forward to the reply but it looks like it was forgotten/ ignored.

Comment

A fan project is ongoing - 2 in fact.

These can never compete with an in game system realistically because manyy of the variables needed to produce a comprhensive set of stats are simply not accessible vis the data that is currently exportable - i.e scorecards
              The continued lack of stats in ICC is not so much the elephant in the room - as the Brontosaurus in the bathtub.

Comment

yeah i know about the fan projects and am happy to help test them if required.
                however sureshot had inferred there'd be an official response coming soon and it hasn't yet so was hoping the bump would be a little reminder.

Comment

Hope it works. I assumed the same after his last post.

Comment

Originally posted by cardassian View Post
                    yeah i know about the fan projects and am happy to help test them if required.
                    however sureshot had inferred there'd be an official response coming soon and it hasn't yet so was hoping the bump would be a little reminder.
                    There will be an official response, but we need to discuss it between us and there's other things we've been hectic with like the patch, CD master and we're working hard on the iPhone as well. Not being ignored, just tight on time and don't want to give a response that isn't worthy of the questions being asked here.

Comment

There will be an official response, but we need to discuss it between us and there's other things we've been hectic with like the patch, CD master and we're working hard on the iPhone as well. Not being ignored, just tight on time and don't want to give a response that isn't worthy of the questions being asked here.
                      Cheers, understand your busy, thanks for the update.

Comment

Seems very reasonable

Comment

Just to let you know. I am reading this thread. I'm considering ways that we can output score-cards as csv files for you to read so that you can create a stand-alone stats program to go with the game. We're busy working through all the fixes for the current version at the moment, but it's a great idea for the future. Probably next year's version I'm afraid. Happy to look at outputting in a format you agree on.

Comment

Hi Chris,

In an ideal world each match would be output as one file (rather than 4 seperate innings files) in a .CSV format

Even better would be the option to output the stats screen (the list of all current players and their statistics batting/bowling)

This would allow "tactical" stats on a game by game basis, and the second would allow us to archive individual years for the entire "cricket universe"

In my case, both would be used in Excel.

Being in CSV format to start off with would mean substantially less messing about sorting out "what goes where".

In fact even in C++ it would be easier in CSV. Most apps take this file format in one form or another.

competition,
                            date,team one,team two,
                            innings one,
                            player one,method of dismissal,bowler OR [fielder if run out or caught] OR [wicketkeeper if stumped],score
                            player two,
                            etc
                            bowler one,overs,maidens,runs
                            bowler two,
                            etc
                            extras,total
                            innings two
                            etc

The main list exported under either batting or bowling tab (one for FC, OD, T20,second team and tests) in more or less exactly the same format as it looks on screen now - but CSV.

So a long list with all the players in whatever order

name,matches,innings,runs,not outs,average,scoring rate

or

name,matches,innings,overs,wickets,maidens,runs conceded,average,RPO

This is ideal - but I'll take whatever is possible.
                            (being selfish) of course other potential devs may have other ideas.

Scritty

name,

Comment

Hi Chris,

In an ideal world each match would be output as one file (rather than 4 seperate innings files) in a .CSV format

Even better would be the option to output the stats screen (the list of all current players and their statistics batting/bowling)

This would allow "tactical" stats on a game by game basis, and the second would allow us to archive individual years for the entire "cricket universe"

In my case, both would be used in Excel.

Being in CSV format to start off with would mean substantially less messing about sorting out "what goes where".

In fact even in C++ it would be easier in CSV. Most apps take this file format in one form or another.

competition,
                              date,team one,team two,
                              innings one,
                              player one,method of dismissal,bowler OR [fielder if run out or caught] OR [wicketkeeper if stumped],score
                              player two,
                              etc
                              bowler one,overs,maidens,runs
                              bowler two,
                              etc
                              extras,total
                              innings two
                              etc

The main list exported under either batting or bowling tab (one for FC, OD, T20,second team and tests) in more or less exactly the same format as it looks on screen now - but CSV.

So a long list with all the players in whatever order

name,matches,innings,runs,not outs,average,scoring rate

or

name,matches,innings,overs,wickets,maidens,runs conceded,average,RPO

This is ideal - but I'll take whatever is possible.
                              (being selfish) of course other potential devs may have other ideas.

Scritty

name,

It will be awesome if ICC gets stats same as cricket coach.Waiting for it.

Comment

Originally posted by stanley_1994 View Post
                                It will be awesome if ICC gets stats same as cricket coach.Waiting for it.
                                This year - at best - it will be a user made addon. (with all the hassle of remembering to save every single match and season stats...one missing = wrong/useless stats)

The hope is that in 2012 it will be incorporated in the game. It's not as if the game is a resource hog. Barely see my CPU monitor hover above 3% with it running and it takes less HD space than a 5 minute Youtube clip.

Still...fingers crossed we get access to a decent export.

Comment

Working...
                                X